Windsor Hills Townhouses...Talk to me...

Emme

DIS Veteran
OK we have never rented a vacation home; but the time has come. I went to Windsor Hills filled out the request form and the ball started rolling. We were inindated with replies.

I believe we have finally settled on a 3bed/3bath townhouse. It is a 2 min. walk to the pool/clubhouse, has the splash pool, owner seems wonderful...
My hubby and I will be traveling with my 19 year old DS and my 80 year old mom (who's fit as a fiddle). It will cost us around $725 (inc. tax) for 6 nights
Do you think we are doing the right thing?

Please give me your pros and cons. I think it will be wonderful but I so want to hear from you all that have stayed in their townhomes!!

Thanks so much!!

We stayed at Windsor Hills in a 3 bed/2 bath condo unit last May. It is a very nice place and a close drive to Disney. It was very quiet there when we went. The communal pool was refreshing after a long day at the parks.

We love the vacation home way. We drive from Toronto Canada, pack up the van with everything we need from plastic wrap to dried pasta. When we arrive in Florida, we visit a grocery store and stock up on perishables. We make our lunch and once at the parks love to just plop down wherever we want, eat our lunch and on our way to the rides again.

It is definitely the "way to go"!!

Have a great time!

We've stayed in the townhouses before and loved it. Mom will have a nice bedroom and bathroom downstairs and son and you will get the upstairs. The stairs are kind of long so it's good that there's a bedroom downstairs for those that don't want to make the climb each day. Other than that you can park by your door, have your own splash pool which we used everyday, very quiet, nice area to go for a walk, all the comforts of home.
I can't think of any cons and we've stayed twice in the townhouses and once in a 6 bedroom. We've stayed in a lot of areas in Kissimmee/Orlando and like the Windsor Hills area the best. Don't worry, be happy. :cool1:

We stayed here last January: http://www.vrbo.com/74404

Will be staying here in a week: http://www.vrbo.com/53573

LOVE Windsor Hills....We stay on property occasionally, but only when it's just dh and I. I'm all about luxury and privacy when we bring the kids.

We've also stayed at Cypress Pointe and Vistana...no comparison IMO. Off property WH will be our choice. Pics in the link below my siggy...

Have stayed at WH twice now (both times at the 2nd home in the above post funnily enough).

I love the extra space, the washer (sad i know), the community seems really quiet & is only a short drive to WDW. As each home is individually managed they can vary & I suppose that's why we stuck with one we liked!

I think you will love it. We were there in December and everything about it was perfect! The townhouse was just so comfortable, the grounds are kept clean, and it is close to the parks, eateries, places to shop...just about everything you need to enjoy your vacation!

Are there any more photos of vrbo 53573 anywhere...I'd like to see the kids' room in greater detail... thanks.

Are there any more photos of vrbo 53573 anywhere...I'd like to see the kids' room in greater detail... thanks.

I"ve only seen what's on thier site, but I'll be sure to get good pics when we get there end of next week and post them.

Another happy Windsor Hills customer! We stayed there for our first trip this past spring and LOVED it. The kids wanted to move in. LOL Great community, so close to WDW and great prices...can't wait to plan another trip!!

We have also stayed at 53573. Our kids were 3 and 5 at the time and really enjoyed the bunk beds. I am sure you will have a great trip.

Enjoy!

I haven't any pictures but there is a double bunk below with a single bunk on top - the bed is a bit awkward to make & change if you are there long enough. There is a small table with wooden chairs (only for smaller children really) and the TV is in a cupboard with drawers underneath.

I know the seats in the picture on VRBO have been replaced - can't really remember much else, but hope this has helped:thumbsup2

I actually stayed in 53573 2x before we bought there ourselves, I can highly recommend it! Great home, she doesn't have a website though, so the only place you can see the home or book it is via her VRBO listing. Great Mgmt Company too by the way, Oasis Vacation Homes! (you could book it through them too actually)

OK we have never rented a vacation home; but the time has come. I went to Windsor Hills filled out the request form and the ball started rolling. We were inindated with replies.

I believe we have finally settled on a 3bed/3bath townhouse. It is a 2 min. walk to the pool/clubhouse, has the splash pool, owner seems wonderful...
My hubby and I will be traveling with my 19 year old DS and my 80 year old mom (who's fit as a fiddle). It will cost us around $725 (inc. tax) for 6 nights
Do you think we are doing the right thing?

Please give me your pros and cons. I think it will be wonderful but I so want to hear from you all that have stayed in their townhomes!!

Thanks so much!!

Have you watched the little "movie" they have added to the windsorhillsrent.com website? I love stuff like that :rotfl:
I think you are making a wise choice. I have only seen good things about the resort on every review board I have looked at. We are "close" to making a decision about renting a unit over the Fourth of July, and the savings of a condo/townhome vs. hotel rooms (on and offsite) is just amazing. I also think you are making a good decision because of the ages of your family members. Your DS can do his own thing and have his own space while your DM can relax and have some peace and quiet. Have fun!

Have you watched the little "movie" they have added to the windsorhillsrent.com website? I love stuff like that :rotfl:
I think you are making a wise choice. I have only seen good things about the resort on every review board I have looked at. We are "close" to making a decision about renting a unit over the Fourth of July, and the savings of a condo/townhome vs. hotel rooms (on and offsite) is just amazing. I also think you are making a good decision because of the ages of your family members. Your DS can do his own thing and have his own space while your DM can relax and have some peace and quiet. Have fun!

VERY cool find, I didn't know that was there now, thanks!!

http://www.windsorhillsrent.com/video.html

Thank you so much Dfarner!! That was a delightful 11 minutes~ The resort looks so inviting; I can't wait!

We have just sent our deposit in for the 3bed/3bath Villa at Windsor so we are there come April! Thanks again for addressing my post~~

Trust me, we just rented from VacationCentralFlorida.com. These are people who are huge Disney fans. The condos are beautiful, Disney themed...lot's of hidden Mickey's! They are adding a townhouse to the numerous condos that they already have on their site. The owners were great to work with...very helpful and totally live up to everything that they promised. They respond right away and actually answer their cell phones if you have any questions! I admit, I got lost and called late in the evening, and John answered my call and got me home! I would DEFINATELY recommend them.

My kids liked it better than home!

We just got back from our first off-site trip at a Winsdor Hills Townhome and it was wonderful. Beautiful townhome with all sorts of extras, splash pool was great, the club house pool was beautiful, no hassles with check in or driving to the parks. We had a great time and would definately look to rent in WH again for the next trip.

We are currently at WH and just love it! We are right across from the clubhouse via the main road. Very short walk. Have two teenage girls with us and they love their Mickey and Minnie room. Downstairs is a bdrm with queen bed and bathroom with a step in shower that our 85 grandma just loves.

We usually stay on Disney property, but love that we made the decision to stay here. Just as nice, if not nicer space wise and DH feels we get there faster than we did when we stayed on Disney resort property (be sure to check the boards here for "back road" directions, much faster and very helpful.)

I think you will be glad you decided to stay at WH. Good luck and have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter