Windsor Hills Need to know - Info & Help

WH INFO

Earning My Ears
This is the place to find Information, ask questions that need answers, answer posted questions, post NEWS or just your thoughts about all things related about Windsor Hills

Windsor Hills NEWS & Information
07/20/2020 Major UPDATE
SEE OP #07 for Operational details to meet the
various Executive Orders issued by FL Governor DeSantis

01 - Introduction
Welcome to the Dis Boards Windsor Hills – Vacation Rental Home Community Thread.
The entrance to Windsor Hills is located at 2600 N. Old Lake Wilson Rd.

What Windsor Hills is NOT – It’s not a Vacation Resort or a Time Share Resort.
If you need multiple on site restaurants or planed events to entertain “resort guest” throughout your stay, Windsor Hills probably will not meet your expectations.

What Windsor Hills is – It is a HOA with individual owners of the Condos, Town-homes and Pool Homes in this Gated Vacation Rental Home Community.

If you are concerned about the parking fees relax and remind yourself, Windsor Hills is not a resort and there is no parking fee.

Where to start, what to expect, making a reservation
START
– If this is your first time venturing “offsite” or looking for something more HOME like than a HOTEL perhaps it's time for you to look into vacation "HOME" rental . The many choices of vacation rental communities and types of rentals can be overwhelming. The number of guest in your vacation family should help narrow your search. In Windsor Hills Condos offer 2 or 3 Bedrooms and Town-homes all have 3 Bedrooms. As general rule you will only be allowed 2 guests per bedroom and in most cases an additional 1 or 2 guest, if the living room offers a pull-out sleeper. For large groups Pool homes should do the trick. The homes are available with 4, 5 or 6 bedrooms and the same 1 or 2 guest rule applies. My favorite thing about these homes is when you get back from having way too much of a good time and the younger set start chanting “POOL POOL POOL” that screened in lanai with pool & hot tub is only a few steps away for at least one worn out adult to go out and try to control the mandatory pool mayhem.

EXPECT – The interior look of the homes and condos will each have a different look and feel because the individual owners will pick a stile they like or something they expect their central Florida theme park visitors may be looking for, like park / character theming; WDW, UOR, SW or just a casual kick back and relax feel. With Windsor Hills being so close to WDW many themed rooms (unsurprisingly) tend to be characters from Disney, Pixar or Marvel.

Time to make a reservation
You probably have looked at many properties or rental companies that seemed to be promising for your central Florida getaway. Whichever property you have settled on, it’s now time for you to follow the process that its site has setup for making a reservation. You did bookmark the ones you liked, Right?

:mic: Disclosures:
WH Info: I am not an owner of any Windsor Hills property or have any monetary interest in Windsor Hills other than renting from Windsor Hills property owners for many of my Central Florida Vacations

Information provided in this thread with help from omniscientmommy & Tinkerbellie16 :banana::banana:

Last edited:

WH INFO

Earning My Ears
02 - Community Center; other amenities

The Community Center is essentially the Welcome Center/Guest Services, Clubhouse & Pool. Other parks and open space areas are located through Windsor Hills.

Community Center
Hard to miss; you will drive past this complex after you go through the main entry gates whether you take the first right turn or go straight ahead to arrive at your rental location.

Welcome Center & Guest Services

Welcome Center - Open Daily 8:00am - 10am

Cyber Café
It is located in the Welcome Center, for your printing, copying, faxing and
scanning needs (Printing charges apply). There is a limit of 30 minutes of
computer time also available.

Clubhouse

Game Room
Billiards and arcade games are available for all ages

Movie Theater
The movie theater is open to all guest and you are welcome inter and enjoy any
movie that is playing. Or; you can choose from the large number of movie titles
available in the Welcome Center. After selecting a movie, select an available time for it to be shown and you are done. OK; you’re not done, there still that movie to watch.

Pool Area

Community Pool
Open from 8am – 10pm daily (Weather Permitting)
This free-form pool filled with 140,000 gallons of clear sparkling water has a Max. depth of 4 feet.
Heated Seasonally – Yes // Zero Entry – Yes // Diving Board – No // Slide - No // Lifeguards – No

Hot tub
Open from 8am – 10pm daily (Weather Permitting)
1 Tub Holds – 12 Guest

Splash pool for kids of all ages
Open: Spring 10am - 6pm // Summer 10am - 8pm // Fall 10am - 6pm // Winter - 10am - 6pm
You may have heard of a “Water Park” that was added to the pool area. This is a great addition to this area, but if you show up with visions of a Water Park, you may feel let down. It is more of a Splash pool on steroids.
Slides - 2 Large (Not for small kids) // Kids Zone - 1 Baby Slide & 1 Small Slide, Water wheel, Water cannons &
Water spray splash area​

Other parks and recreation areas
Info Pending

Last edited:

WH INFO

Earning My Ears
03 – Details for Pool homes
Pool Homes

Note: All Pool Homes have attached garages, but most will have been converted to games rooms
A few may not have added A/C to the converted space

The Pool Home floor plans do not include the pool & screened enclosure / This aerial photo shows SE examples
Most rental sites will include one or more pictures of the pool & hot-tub

Last edited:
  • WH INFO

Earning My Ears
    04 – Details for Condominiums & Town-homes

Condominiums

2 Bedrooms.

Napa

3 Bedrooms

490059 490060

Sonoma...................................................................Santa Cruz

490063 490064

Santa Rosa........................................................................Santa Anna
    Most likely the “Library” will be set up as BR #3... ...........................

Town-homes
    Only 3 Bedrooms Floor-plan Available

Last edited:

WH INFO

Earning My Ears
    07 - Reserved for future information (Current updates about this thread will be posted here)

07/20/2020 - Major UPDATE
    1. The Theater will remain closed until further notice.
    2. The Exercise Room. In order for guests to practice Social Distancing, the occupancy in the exercise room is limited to a maximum of 4 users at a time.
    3. There is a sign-up sheet in the Welcome Center to use the exercise room. The sign-up sheet is for owners and guests. Sign-ups can be done over the phone at 407-787-4255
    4. The first usage session is at 8am. The last usage session is at 9:30pm.
    5. Exercise room usage is limited to 30 minutes per user, per session. Please be on time.
    6. Guests must clean the exercise equipment before and after they use them.
    7. Exercise room usage guidelines will be revised as recommended by the Local and State Authorities.
    8. The Game Room. There is limited seating in the game room in order for guests to practice Social Distancing. Operating hours are 8am until 10pm, daily.
    9. The Community Pool and Hot Tub. There is limited seating around the pool deck in order for guests to practice Social Distancing. Operating hours are 8am until 10pm, daily. All visitors to the pool, including owners, must obtain wristbands from the Welcome Center.
    10. Sir Windsor AquaVenture (water park and water slides). Summer operating hours are from 10am until 8pm, daily. In order to practice Social Distancing the number of guests allowed in the area is limited.
    11. The Welcome Center. Operating hours are 8am until 10pm daily. In order to practice Social Distancing, only 2 guests with masks, are allowed in the office at a time.
    12. The Windsor Hills MarketPlace and Grill is open 10:30 until 5pm, daily. In order to practice Social Distancing, only 6 guests are allowed in the shop at a time and must stand 6 feet from each other.
    13. Recreation areas. Tennis Courts, Basketball Court, Sand Volleyball Court, Putting Green and Playgrounds are open. We ask that everyone practice social distancing when using these facilities.
    14. Please note: if social distancing is not respected, above listed operating hours may be reduced.
    Our Custodial team is using CDC and EPA approved cleaners in areas frequently touched by guests

Owners & Property Managers please keep registering your guests and vendors in dwellingLIVE. The security team is being very diligent in only allowing those who have been pre-registered in dwelling, live in the community.

Thank you for your patience during this pandemic. We look forward to seeing the community busy with owners, guests and everyone involved in making fabulous memories very soon!

Stay Safe. Stay Informed!

Last edited:
  • WH INFO

Earning My Ears
    00 - Reserved for future information (Currently updates about this thread will be posted here
    Some how I ended up with second 07 post :scratchin

Last edited:

WH INFO

Earning My Ears
    I’m curious if the community pool has lifeguards on duty?
    That’s something I’m trying to track down and hope to have a solid answer in the next few days. My original “nice to know” list for the pool looked like this...

Heated Seasonally – Yes // Zero Entry – Yes // Diving Board – No // Lifeguards – No ???​

... but I chose to leave it off.
    When it gets updated in the 02 - Community Center; other amenities it most likely will be my expected answer of NO; posted like this for a few days before it will switch to the Std. font and color...

Heated Seasonally – Yes // Zero Entry – Yes // Diving Board – No // Lifeguards – No

G’day
    Pulsar

Last edited:
  • phlufster

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad. You must
    Hello, thanks for this! I’m curious who most people are using to book at Windsor Hills. We have always used VRBO but prefer to book directly with management companies/owners. We previously booked with Palm Tree Vacation homes and were a little disappointed in the upkeep and appearance of the apartment at WH. Who have you had success with??

ParkHopperFan

Mouseketeer
    Hello, thanks for this! I’m curious who most people are using to book at Windsor Hills. We have always used VRBO but prefer to book directly with management companies/owners. We previously booked with Palm Tree Vacation homes and were a little disappointed in the upkeep and appearance of the apartment at WH. Who have you had success with??
    www.welcometowindsorhills.com

Direct book with owners/management companies.

omniscientmommy

DIS Veteran
    We're used Airbnb - terrible experience with the vacation management company, and vacation central Florida. Vacation central Florida has been ok but tends to have older dated units.

crabbynick3

Earning My Ears
    Can confirm no lifeguard and best place to rent supported by HOA so dues paid and all that is windsorhillsprivaterentals You can also reach out to owners on Facebook and take a virtual tour of some properties.

ricosuave

Mouseketeer
    We booked directly though welcometowindsorhills.com. The same rental home was on VRBO for $500 more due to fees, etc. Unfortunately, we had to rebook our May vacation by the end of 2020. If we would've gone through VRBO, we would've received our money back (Covid-19). We'll be there in Sept. for our first stay in one of the pool homes.

Sha259

Earning My Ears
    Great to see a WH thread! I’ve love the vacation I stayed here, and at planning for a larger group end of 2021.

as for where to look to rent, I originally rented through windsorhillsofficialrental but was burned pretty last minute and ended up getting a slightly more expensive rental through AirBnB. The the place we ended up with was amazing and we loved our stay.

I think I will stick with scheduling through companies that allow cancellation protections and can’t cancel on you. Regardless of up charge. The extra is worth it to not get burned by an owner, no matter how well meaning.

AndreaDM

<font color=red>Yeah...we mainly colored that day<
    Are the pools currently open? Thinking of staying here in June if our Disney reservation gets canceled.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.