Windsor Hills Information Station 2.0

WH INFO

Mouseketeer
.Windsor Hills NEWS & Information Station 2.0

April 27 2024 1706996504616.gif
Disclosure
WH
Info - I have no financial investments in any Windsor Hills properties and will not expect to ever do so, in the future. My only financial actions have to do with booking several days with many of the owners of proprieties in Windsor Hills many times.

OP-01...................Welcome: Looking for quick information:
Hopefully OP-(01-07) will help you get the information
that will help answer your concerns for most of your questions
you may have about picking Windsor Hills for your Central Florida Vacation!!!

Still have questions, ask them right here in this thread and hopefully you get answers quickly!

OP-07 now active to find the BEST Gate check-in times 06/07/23

Windsor Hills NEWS & Information

04/04/2024 UPD

The final answer about a STOPLIGHT for Windsor Hills Driveway...
It Does Not Exists; At this Time!

September 2024
The large Windsor Hills Pool in the Main Recreational Area

Will close for all of September 2024!!! 1712255529193.png

Will this be a major road block for your fall Vacation Plans???

Live Music in the Pool Complex on weekends
Weekends and times vary!

Attachments

• 1714198451929.png
    1714198451929.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 1714198466513.png
    1714198466513.png
  • 1714198479075.png
    1714198479075.png
  • 1714198528561.png
    1714198528561.png
  • 1714198541032.png
    1714198541032.png
Last edited:
OP-02 - Introduction:

The entrance to Windsor Hills is located at 2600 N. Old Lake Wilson Rd.

What Windsor Hills is NOT – It’s not a Vacation Resort or a Time Share Resort.

If you need multiple on-site restaurants or planed events to entertain “resort guest” throughout your stay, Windsor Hills probably will not meet your expectations.

What Windsor Hills is – It is a HOA with individual owners of Condos, Town-homes and Pool Homes in this 24/7 manned, gated Vacation Rental Home Community.

If you are concerned about the parking fees, relax and remind yourself Windsor Hills is not a resort and there is no parking fee.
Parking on the street is not allowed. Condominiums & Town-homes have parking near or in front of them plus additional parking areas nearby & Pool Homes have double wide driveways in front of the garage doors. (Update 5/18/23)

Where to start, what to expect, making a reservation:

START – If this is your first time venturing “offsite” or looking for something more HOME like than a HOTEL perhaps it's time for you to look into vacation "HOME" rental. The many choices of vacation rental communities and types of rentals can be overwhelming. The number of guest in your vacation family should help narrow your search. In Windsor Hills Condos offer 2 or 3 Bedrooms and Town-homes all have 3 Bedrooms. As general rule you will only be allowed 2 guests per bedroom and in most cases an additional 1 or 2 guest, if the living room offers a pull-out sleeper. For large groups Pool homes should do the trick. The homes are available with 4, 5 or 6 bedrooms and the same 1 or 2 additional guest rule applies. My favorite thing about these homes is when you get back from having way too much of a good time in the parks and the younger set start chanting “POOL POOL POOL” that screened in lanai with pool & hot tub is only a few steps away for at least one worn out adult to go out and try to control the mandatory pool mayhem.

EXPECT – The interior look of the homes and condos will each have a different look and feel because the individual owners will pick a design they like or something they expect their central Florida theme park visitors may be looking for, like park / character theming; WDW, UOR, SW or just a casual kick back and relax feel. With Windsor Hills being so close to WDW many themed bed rooms (unsurprisingly) tend to be characters from Disney, Pixar or Marvel.

Time to make a reservation?

You probably have looked at many properties or rental companies that seemed to be promising for your central Florida getaway. Whichever property you have settled on, it’s now time for you to follow the process that its site has setup for making a reservation. You did bookmark the ones you liked; Right?

You are in luck if you selected Windsor Hills: Connect directly to Windsor Hills VACATION RENTAL HOME COMMUNITY using the link below & you will be working with the Vacation rental that is directly working with Windsor Hills owners. https:/www.welcometowindsorhills.com

Disclosures:
WHINFO: I do not owne any property in Windsor Hills. My only montary acttivity with Windsow Hills is the rent I pay
to buy time for my vacation rentals.

Last edited:
OP-03 - Community Center; other amenities

The Community Center is essentially the Welcome Center/Guest Services, Clubhouse & Pool area.

...Other parks (Playgrounds) and opens space areas are located throughout
Windsor Hills.

Community Center
Hard to miss; you will drive past this complex after you go through the main entry gates whether you take the first right turn or go straight ahead to arrive at your rental location.

Welcome Center & Guest Services

Welcome Center - Open Daily 8:00am - 10am
The staff is happy to help owners and guests with any information you need from 8am to 10pm daily.
The Welcome Center,also includes Guest Services, available to further assist guests and owners with vacation from 10am-6pm Wednesday-Saturday. Brochures, maps, ticket information, and HOA services available also.
Cyber Café
Is located in the Welcome Center, for your printing, copying , faxing and scanning needs
....(Printing charges apply). There is a limit of 30 minutes of computer time also available.

Clubhouse
Game Room
Billiards and arcade games are available for all ages. (Pool table is a $5 deposit)

Ping Pong Table
......You will find located on the veranda on the rear of the clubhouse near the pool area. Equipment is available
........in the Welcome Center for a $1.00 fee and a $10.00 refundable cash deposit.

DVD Rentals & ATM
..........Located in the Game Room is a DVD rental kiosk and an ATM. A credit card is required to use the DVD kiosk.

Movie Theater
The movie theater is open to all guest and you are welcome inter and enjoy any movie that is playing,
See above DVD Rentals & ATM

Windsor Hills Marketplace & Grill
The Market Place & Grill where you can buy basic grocery items for your stay at Windsor Hills. Open 7 days a week, the hours of operations are 8:00AM – 8:00PM. Enjoy fresh sandwiches, assorted beverages plus newspapers and pool items are also available.

Community Pool Complex
The Large Pool will be closed for all of Sept. 2024

Community Pool & Splash pool for kids of all ages
Summer Open from 8am – 10pm daily (Weather Permitting)
Spring, Fall & Winter Open –10am - 6pm (Weather Permitting)

The free-form pool filled with 140,000 gallons of clear sparkling water that has a Max. depth of 4 feet.
Heated Seasonally – Yes // Zero Entry – Yes // Diving Board – No // Slide - No // Lifeguards – No
Splash pool for kids of all ages

............You may have heard of a “Water Park” that that is part of the pool area. This is a very fun area, but...............
if you show up with visions of a Water Park, you may feel let down. It is more of a Splash pool on steroids.
This is the place to get wet
and I do mean WET. You will find for "the older kids & adult kids" // 2 Large slides
............(Not for small children) and the other part of the "Splash pool is // 1 Baby Slide & 1 Small Slide, a Water wheel, Water cannons &
Water spray splash area. This is the where the whole family can see who
.. .........will stay dry or get wet; very wet!

.............Lifeguards – No: The large slides will each have a safety person stationed at the top of each slide but they are not lifeguards!

WARNING: If you get to close to this area, even if you are not participating with the attractions in this area you may get wet

Hot tub
Open from 8am – 10pm daily (Weather Permitting)

...1 Tub Holds – 12 Guest.

For other Windsor Hills parks and recreational areas ...
Go to
OP-06 and use the Windsor Hills Map legend to locate them.

Miscellaneous Information & Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ – Can you receive packages and mail while staying in the Windsor Hills Gated Community?

Answer
You can receive deliveries from Amazon, FedEx, and UPS. They are able to access the community and drop packages at the front door.
Note:
The United States Postal Service does not deliver letters or packages
to homes in Windsor Hills.

Last edited:
OP-04 – Details for Condominiums & Town-homes
Condos Floor Plans Info Currently Under Review!!! 04/27/2024 - ???
Condominiums
2 Bedrooms.

Nap3 Bedroom

Sonoma... ..Santa .

Santa Rosa...Santa Anna
Most likely the “Library” will be set up as BR #3

Town-homes
Only 3 Bedrooms Floor-plan Available
Note: This floor plan shows the front entry on the right side of the unit. Many units will have a reversed floor plan with the front entry on the left side of unit unit. Each Town home has limited parking at the front of the Town home. Additional parking is available in the "Town home group" area.

Last edited:

OP-05Details for Pool homes

Note: All Pool Homes have attached garages, but most will have been converted to games rooms

The Pool Home floor plans do not include the pool & screened enclosure / This aerial photo shows some examples.
Most rental sites will include one or more pictures of the pool & hot-tub

All Pool Home show a garage on the floor plans; However "MOST" have been
converted to recreational or game rooms.
A few may not have added A/C to the converted space.

6 Bedrooms / 4 Baths​

Last edited:
OP-06 - WH & Local Area Maps
Windsor Hills Map.........................
1680951625452-png.751870

The “Water Park” is not shown on the map above, but if you find the community pool you can’t miss it.

OH Yea! Windsor Hills is close to WDW
1680952633780.png

Windsor Hills Area Restaurants

Last edited:
OP-07 - What's a good time to arrive at Windsor Hills for "Gate Check-in"?

Most likely will place them in this OP temporarily. My plan is to move them to an OP closer to the top of Pg 1 later.

OBTW: Every one gets a 4:00PM check-in time and that's why between 4 & 5 PM is so awful.

Why 4PM; it's the time; all of the new current day WH front door codes are set to activate!
..................................* = WH Info Results
..................................*3:00pm - 3:45pm Good - OK
..................................*4:00pm - 5:00pm......Awful
..................................*5:15pm - 6:00pm OK - Very Good

If you don't mind sharing your Great, Kind-a OK & Don't ever arrive there times, you will make check-in a lot easier, for first time WH vacationers.

OK; let me know what your Good, the Bad & the ugly times are. Please help, the the ball is in your court!

Last edited:

Now It's time to get Going & Growing with
Windsor Hills Information Station 2.0

Hey; I can't do this alone...

So you guys with Windsors Hills Questions & Windsor Hills answers... come on and join the the party.

............................................................G'day
..........................................................WH Info

Last edited:
Hi,
We are planning to stay at Windsor Hills Resort in August of this year and I was wondering if you can exit the resort via Manesty Lane, and or Archfeld Blvd onto Livingston Road?

reesdanny asked​

Hi,
We are planning to stay at Windsor Hills Resort in August of this year and I was wondering if you can exit the resort via Manesty Lane, and or Archfeld Blvd onto Livingston Road?

Windsor Hills guest are required to inter via the main driveway that connects at 2600 N. Old Lake Wilson Rd. You will receive a card at check in that allows guest to arrive and depart through the main gates 24 Hrs a day for the length of their reservation. Only owners have access to and from Livingston using an owners gate card. OBTY: All main entry gates are always closed unless a guest is using their access card.

G'day
WH Info
And of course have great adventures on your upcoming Central Florida Vacation!

Last edited:
I'm staying at Windsor Hills for the first time in September. On vacation, I like to get my groceries delivered. Will I be able to have them delivered? The security at the gate sounds fierce.

I'm staying at Windsor Hills for the first time in September. On vacation, I like to get my groceries delivered. Will I be able to have them delivered? The security at the gate sounds fierce.
I have bad news and OK news on this subject. No store in the area has delivery permission to Windsor Hills; However if Walmart is on your list of places to shop there is one at the corner of HY 182 / Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway and N. Old Lake Wilson Rd . There is a Publics grocery store also in this area but I came up empty on locating its address.

Note: If your arrival to the Windsor Hills area is about 4:00 – 5:00 in the afternoon; this would be a good time to complete a grocery run, because the check in time at the gate is awful.
G'day
WH Info

Last edited:
I have bad news and OK news on this subject. No store in the area has delivery permission to Windsor Hills; However if Walmart is on your list of places to shop there is one at the corner of HY 182 / Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway and N. Old Lake Wilson Rd . There is a Publics grocery store also in this area but I came up empty on locating its address.

Note: If your arrival to the Windsor Hills area is about 4:00 – 4:45 in the afternoon this would be a good time to complete a grocery run, because the check in time at the gate is awful.
G'day
WH Info

1683271683924.gif

You mean I have to pick up my OWN groceries? Just kidding. I usually do Walmart grocery pickups at home but I've read that particular Walmart can be crazy busy so I'll stick with Publix instead. What is a good time to check in to avoid missing the check rush? My time is 4:00.

You mean I have to pick up my OWN groceries? Just kidding. I usually do Walmart grocery pickups at home but I've read that particular Walmart can be crazy busy so I'll stick with Publix instead. What is a good time to check in to avoid missing the check rush? My time is 4:00.
I think the closest Publix is the one near Orange Lake, 14928 E Orange Lake Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747. We shop there most of the time when we arrive in Orlando.

Sorry I can’t answer re checkin time!

I think the closest Publix is the one near Orange Lake, 14928 E Orange Lake Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747. We shop there most of the time when we arrive in Orlando.

Sorry I can’t answer re checkin time!
Thank you for the info, I will definitely go there. Do you know if pizza is allowed to be delivered, since groceries are not?

Can an owner or someone staying at WH now/recently tell me about the work being done on the condos? One rental site says the stucco is being worked on and exterior painting, from April to fall 2023 and to expect "loud noise." Is the work only Mon-Fri or Sat 7am-3pm?? TIA.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info, I will definitely go there. Do you know if pizza is allowed to be delivered, since groceries are not?
Sorry, can’t answer the question re pizza - haven’t stayed at WH yet. We shop at the Publix when staying at various timeshares near there.

Do you know if pizza is allowed to be delivered, since groceries are not?

YES! The place you are staying will have a Book/Document that will have a list of authorized pizza stores that have to the door delivery. Of course a bunch of other do's/Don't(s) and general rules and need to know stuff, but at least there is no test required.

G'day
WH Info

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter