Windsor Hills experts, Help Please!

catne

DIS Veteran
We've always stayed at Disney on-site hotels, but I think I am getting a bit jaded on the experience...we have annual passes so tickets are not an issue.And the latest round of discounts for 2012 are definitely not as good a deal as the last few years. I'm just thinking it's reached a point I'm not so sure the total-Disney-experience is worth it.

We like to take a lot of 2,3, or 4-night stays. Started searching for condo/villa rentals, and really liking what I see at Windsor Hills ( accomodations, amenities and proximity to Disney World.) I see a lot of homes that seem to have 1 week minimums. So I am wondering if anyone knows: are there any pool/spa homes there that rent for less than a week?

I found a townhome in WH on www.vrbo.com for 5 nights and that was even during spring break. I did have to look through LOTS of listings and email the owners. Wish I could send you a link to that specific one but I don't have it now.....they were listed with Oasis homes though.

Some, but not all will rent for less than a week, but you'll usually have to pay the cleaning fee yourself (where it's usually included in most rentals of at least a week). Because of that, you'll likely find that when you pay the cleaning fee (around $100) the cost savings won't be huge on a 2 night stay.

The easiest way to check with many homeowners at once is to enter a general inquiry at http://www.windsorhillsrent.com/. As mentioned earlier, you can also go through VRBO and make individual inquiries but that can take a lot more time.

Check out this site:
http://www.magicalvacationhomes.com/

Easy to use site. Lots of accurate pictures.
Yes, most (if not all) of the units are offered for less than a week (although most seem to have a 4 night minimum). However, most (if not all) will charge a cleaning fee for stays less than 7 days.

Its a good site to look at because it gives up-to-the-date availability information for each unit in a nice calendar format, so you can play around with it without having to call anyone. And if you can find a 2-3 day gap between other renter's plans, I would bet that they would let you have it for less than a 4 night stay.

Well I guess that depends.

Like the condo we got rents Saturday to saturday -
(vacationcentralflorida.com)
We are leaving before the end of the week...you still pay the weekly rate.
But the rate is so low I dont care.

We book through Florida Sun Vacation Homes. They require a 3 night minimum (5 nights for holiday weeks). We use them since they offer a 15% discount on 7 nights or more (we usually stay 8-9 nights), and are often cheaper than similar homes on vrbo.

Good luck with your search!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter