Wilma-Bride's Trip Report - Sep 04 (Day 8)

wilma-bride

<<This space intentionally blank>>
CAST

Me – Joh (31) – Slightly neurotic (DH would say very), VERY impatient and extremely over-exciteable
DH – Gary (37) – Pretty laid back, a bit of a ‘Peter Pan’, mad about Tigger!

Day 8 – Tues 14th Sep

Today’s mission is to spend, spend, spend!!! Having visited some shops at the top of I-Drive the other day, today we decide to try our luck at the Orlando Premium Outlets. We get up, pop to Denny’s for breakfast and then catch the I-Ride Trolley, travelling south.

By lunchtime, having trailed in and out of dozens of shops, we still haven’t bought anything – how depressing! So, it’s back to the trolley and up to Belz for another look. In the Levis store, we finally make our first purchase (6 pairs of Levis – 2 for DH, 2 for me and 2 for my Step-Mum) for the princely sum of $150. After that, there’s no stopping us. DH buys some trainers for himself and a pair for DS, I treat myself to a bag, a watch and some lovely tops from Gap. Finally, feeling satisfied that we’ve made a sever dent in our holiday money, we head back to the hotel.

As it’s still early, we decide to have a swim in the hotel pool (which we haven’t yet used). But, just as we are leaving the room in all our swimming finery, we hear a rumble of thunder and the heavens open – and the pool closes!!! OK, so we’ll have a lie down and watch some telly. Somehow, we manage to doze off and wake just after 7. Just time enough for a quick shower and then we are ready to go out for dinner.

We walk up I-Drive towards Wild Jacks (this was recommended to us by a couple we met in Wonderworks the other night). We are seated in a booth and a cheerful server brings our drinks and takes our order. DH has ribs and I have steak. We also order some fresh honey bread, which is stickily delicious. The steak is cooked to perfection and DH pronounces his ribs outstanding. Our server returns to clear our plates and asks if we’d like dessert. ‘Yes please!’ He brings a tray with a selection of desserts on for us to select from, explaining what they all are. DH chooses Key Lime Pie while I choose a small Jack Daniels Chocolate Cake. When the desserts arrive, my piece of cake is humongous (about 5 times the size of the piece on the tray). I manage about half of it but can’t possibly eat any more so DH kindly helps me out.

We waddle back to the hotel (slowly), stop in the bar for a night cap and then head off to bed to watch some more telly.

sounds like a good shopping trip

I love to shop my dbf doesnt like it much but the gadgets shop in the florida mall makes it up for him.

I cant wait to go to gap and old navy, just cant wait

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

Lovely report again. We didn't spend much in the Premium Outlets either, just bought some stuff from the Character Warehouse. We did spend ages and ages looking at Oakley sunglasses though as my DS16 decided on a pair and then decided not to get them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter