Will We Manage to See and Do It All?!?! - Sept. 25/Oct. 1st. - First PTR

The4bits

Mouseketeer
This is my first PTR and I'm very excited to have a place to write out all my questions and plans and get some feedback.

This will be our second trip as a family. We visited previously in April of 2008 for our DD's 4th birthday and had a fantastic time. So this year I walked into the room one night and just announced to DH that we were having a Disney vacay this year. :rolleyes1 He looked at me and said "Oh, really!" But he usually warms up to the idea.

Our vacation will be September 25th - October 1st, 2010. 8 months away. Not sure how I'm going to make it, I think that's the main reason I'm writing this PTR.

Wanna meet my cast?!?!

First there's me... Hollie (33... 34 at trip time) I am a SAHM and love being with my kids. I love scrapbooking, photography (which I do for part time employment), everything Disney and I absolutely love planning events and vacations. My favorite characters are Goofy and now Princess Tiana.

DH Jeff (42... 43 at trip time) He is an employee of AT&T in the IT Department and I can never remember his title. He says it's "Project Manager" and between you and I, I have no idea what that means. But he works hard so we can take these trips. He enjoys a nice, relaxing trip. He's more of a beach person, he really puts up with me and my Disney addiction. His favorite character is Goofy, if he really has to choose one, which I told him he did for my PTR. :laughing:

DD Lillie (5... 6 at trip time) She is a head strong, emotional little girl. She is 5 going on 15. She’s my buddy we go everywhere together and love spending time together. Lillie goes with the flow, hardly ever whines. She loves dress up, princesses, fairies, AG dolls and Barbie. Her favorite Disney character is Belle.

DS Jackson (3… 4 at trip time) He is all BOY!! He’s rough, obnoxious but yet caring and snuggly. He’s quite a mix. He’s also our whiner. If he gets tired the whole group is going down with him. His favorite Disney character is Mickey Mouse.

Here’s a picture of all of us from our Christmas card
20091025-DSC_0281.jpg

I cannot wait to get started on this here PTR. I have a lot to say and a lot of time to say it ;)

In fact, I can’t wait to update what I’m thinking so far for ADRs and my day plans. Plus, I can show off our pictures from our trip in 2008. The kids were so little when I look back. Only 2 and 3.5/4, looking forward to sharing those memories and reliving them.

Oh, wow, I get to be first? :woohoo: I followed your link over from your post on my PTR. Can't wait for all your planning.

You have a beautiful family. :goodvibes

Our plans so far for this vacation are….

Saturday, Sept 25th – fly into MCO from the Lou with a 2 hour layover in ATL – it will be the first time the kids have ever flown, so needless to say they are super excited. :banana: In fact the title was a direct quote from DS when I told him we were flying, kids say the cutest things.:love: I found $74 airfare (one-way) to Orlando with AirTran. Then we check in to Pop Century.

Sunday, Sept 26th – Transfer to Wilderness Lodge, yeah so excited,:banana: it’s at the top of my resort list. Then off to visit MK and possibly the MNSSHP

Monday, Sept 27th – Visit DS with some hopping

Tuesday, Sept 28th – Visit Epcot with some other hopping

Wednesday, Sept 29th – Re-visit our faves and sadly :sad: check out of our home away from home. Then we will rent a car and drive :drive: to Daytona Beach (to appease my DH).

Thursday, Sept 30th – Beach day

Friday, Oct 1st – Check out of hotel and drive back to Orlando, drop off car at airport and fly home. :sad: Still have yet to find a flight home but once they release the dates I will on top of it.

Soon to come… ADR’s!! I have to wait till March 23rd but I’m going to be fully prepared. :thumbsup2

I just found your PTR and it caught my eye because I live in the St Louis area too! We are on the IL side but in the metro area. Can't wait to hear more about your plans! :goodvibes

I just found your PTR and it caught my eye because I live in the St Louis area too! We are on the IL side but in the metro area. Can't wait to hear more about your plans! :goodvibes

WELCOME. Thanks for stopping by. I have a couple friends in the Metro East (Fairview Heights), DH grew up in Mascoutah, my mom lived in Belleville for a while and we still have family in Highland so we are familiar with all of Metro East area :). I see that you have a PTR too. I'll have to head over and check that out. Can't wait to read all about your trip.:surfweb:

That's so sweet, how your son said his dream was coming true. :goodvibes Have you stayed at WL before? You will love it :love:! It is one of my favorite resorts, but since we are now a family of five, we have to stay at other places.

That's so sweet, how your son said his dream was coming true. :goodvibes Have you stayed at WL before? You will love it :love:! It is one of my favorite resorts, but since we are now a family of five, we have to stay at other places.

Nope this will be our first time. SO EXCITED!!! Last time we stayed at the Beach Club Villas in a studio. We're most excited about being closer to MK. My dream resort is the Polynesian but it's a little more than our room at WL so maybe next time :)

You will love it! There's a boat ride to MK, that your kids will enjoy. It's a fun alternative to the bus to MK. It's just a beautiful resort. :goodvibes

Hello! :wave2:

Found your PTR tonight and I am subbed! My family is going September 11-18th :)

WL--my dream :cloud9: resort! Some day :goodvibes we will stay there!

Hello! :wave2:

Found your PTR tonight and I am subbed! My family is going September 11-18th :)

WL--my dream :cloud9: resort! Some day :goodvibes we will stay there!

Thanks for stopping by and subbing. It was my dream resort too, so happy. I've heard it's a great resort for kids.

I was going to do some sort of mini TR in this one of our trip in 2008. Just pictures and small tales but last night while on photobucket I got a trojan. YUCK!!! :headache: So I'm hoping someone might know of a different photo site I can use for the boards? :confused:

I was going to do some sort of mini TR in this one of our trip in 2008. Just pictures and small tales but last night while on photobucket I got a trojan. YUCK!!! :headache: So I'm hoping someone might know of a different photo site I can use for the boards? :confused:

I know quite a few DISers who use SmugMug (but it is a pay service). Have you tried Flickr yet?

I've been reading the UG and I've gotten to the Magical Express section. I gotta say I'm a little worried about losing my luggage. How many of you has this happened too? The book says you can pick your luggage up before you move to the ME line. Has anyone done this before? Or do you just trust in Disney?

Can anyone tell that this is my first time flying with my kids?! :rotfl: I'm a little nervous but plenty of time to work it out.

I'm also going to ask for a room upgrade when we check in. I'm not really interested in a different view but more interested in the bunk bed rooms at WL. That would be so nice to not have to sleep with a kicking child. :rolleyes1

Also trying to figure out our Sunday day/night. It will be our first real park day so we're going to do MK. We're going to do the park hardcore in the am and then back to the hotel to rest/pool whatever. Then go back for BBB appt and First Mate appt, then dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. That's a lot to get done before we do the MNSSHP. :eek:

Not sure if we should eat first then appts then MNSSHP. Just won't know for sure I guess until I make appts and ressies on March 23rd.

I have a splitting headache tonight so not much Disney planning going on. I'll resume tomorrow hopefully. No days off :lmao:

I've been reading the UG and I've gotten to the Magical Express section. I gotta say I'm a little worried about losing my luggage. How many of you has this happened too? The book says you can pick your luggage up before you move to the ME line. Has anyone done this before? Or do you just trust in Disney?

We have used ME, and our luggage was not lost. It all made it to the room, safe and sound! :) However, your luggage may not show up for 3-4 (or more) hours after you arrive at your resort. So I would pack anything you may need for that day/evening/ in a separate carry-on bag and take it with you on the ME bus! :thumbsup2

Also trying to figure out our Sunday day/night. It will be our first real park day so we're going to do MK. We're going to do the park hardcore in the am and then back to the hotel to rest/pool whatever. Then go back for BBB appt and First Mate appt, then dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. That's a lot to get done before we do the MNSSHP. :eek:

Not sure if we should eat first then appts then MNSSHP. Just won't know for sure I guess until I make appts and ressies on March 23rd.

I have a splitting headache tonight so not much Disney planning going on. I'll resume tomorrow hopefully. No days off :lmao:

Don't have a headache---Disney Planning is the next best thing to the trip itself! :)

The one thing I think of here is if you eat before your BBB and FM appts., your meal could take longer and you miss your appt. That wouldn't be good!

We did MVMCP a few years ago, and decided to just eat CS during the night, because we didn't want to take up party time for a sit down dinner. Have you thought about that option?

Don't have a headache---Disney Planning is the next best thing to the trip itself! :)

The one thing I think of here is if you eat before your BBB and FM appts., your meal could take longer and you miss your appt. That wouldn't be good!

We did MVMCP a few years ago, and decided to just eat CS during the night, because we didn't want to take up party time for a sit down dinner. Have you thought about that option?
[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea. That way the kids are all dolled up and if I make the ressie for right when the park switches to the party, everyone else will be clearing out while we eat. Thanks a bunch. :thumbsup2

So DH and I were talking and we decided that a side trip to Daytona Beach would cost more than we wanted. So instead we added just an additional day to Disney. :cool1:

So very excited. :cool1: So in all we are spending 5 nights and 6 days in WDW with a 5 day park hopper. Yeah we have to leave FL sooner than we originally planned BUT one more day at Disney is AWESOME!!!

My ADR reservation date is March 30th, no idea why the first CM told me March 23rd but a few days won't kill me, or will it :confused3.

I also figured out that if I use Mozilla instead of IE I can use photobucket. :banana: It's a great night. With that said... here's a favorite Photopass picture from 2008.

image056.jpg

DD hugging DS in front of the Studios but DS totally does not like her touching him :lmao:

:cheer2::cheer2:YAY:cheer2: for an extra night at Disney!

The picture of your children is precious---your children are beautiful! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter