Will we have fireworks on the 4th?

Texag87

Earning My Ears
I will be with you guys! I am a single dad taking my 9 year old daughter and she was asking if they will have a 4th of July party of some sorts. I told her knowing Disney they will have something planned. Can anyone confirm this.

I am new to this board for now but hope to be here more before we set sail.

Thanks!

They will be on the Wonder, so I would think they will be on the Magic too. We will be sailing on the Wonder that weekend, and I'm really looking forward to it.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We're on the western cruise next year on July 4th and were told by disney that there wont be fireworks.

It depends on where you are, I expect. We will be on the Magic on 7.4.04 and it will be the Key West day--I am guessing that you can see some fireworks from Mallory Square. If you are on the Wonder this year you will be in the bahamas, and I don't think they would celebrate our holiday. If you are on the Magic you would be returning from Castaway Cay by then.
Robin M.

Hi! There were rumors about them putting off a fireworks display at Castaway Cay I believe. I sure hope so, we missed fireworks last year, but year before we were watching them over Cinderella's Castle. Awesome!

Samsma- We have to stop traveling togetther! I also watched the fireworks from the castle that year. :D

I bet you were the lady who kept stepping on my foot! I still remember what you look like!

We were on the Wonder 5/8- 5/11/03. We saw a preview of the fireworks display that they intend on premiering on july 4th. The fireworks were set off from a barge in the distance from the ship. We pulled away from Nassau for about 1/2 hour and then stopped, the music started, and the magic began. it was truly breathtaking.

Have a great time. Wish I was going again.

Dayna

Dayna- I knew someone had posted this. Did they say it was also going to done for the Magic's cruise?

I assume they will do it on both ships, but I am not positive. I don't see any reason for them to do it on one ship and not the other. I hope everyone gets to see it. I think they should do it on every cruise. I know it would be expensive, but they do it every night at severla of the parks, why not for the cruise. It certainly is an incredible sight to see.

Dayna

I sure hope there are fireworks. Last time I was in Florida (5yrs ago) there weren't any. Unfortunately there were plenty of fires though!! Well here's hoping for a better year for everyone (no to fires, yes to fireworks!)

Dizzy Laura
:tongue:

Hi DizzyLaura - I was at WDW in 1998 4th of July too. Real bummer. I think they even canceled Daytona if I remember right:(

Samsma,

I think we time all of our vacations around the same time. I'm on the west coast so Im usually at Disneyland on or about the 4th of July. I even went in 2001 to Disneyland as a very pregnant woman. Although I didnt get my Disney fix last year so am looking foward to the cruise!
Dizzy Laura:tongue:

Will you have fireworks on the fourth??

Well, I guess that depends on who you cruise with!!:p :p

but seriously... it would be nice if disney did this, what a great addition to the cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter