Will we be disappointed in 4 day

BWVPam

Loves being at WDW!
We have taken the 3 day Magic, and the 7 day Western on the Magic. I had my hopes up for a 7 day Eastern in Summer 2005. Looks like now the cruise might be moving to CA for that summer. Do not really want to do a Mexican Riviera cruise. I currently have a 4 night booked for May 29, 2005. I am so afraid we won't enjoy it as much as being on a 7 day.

Anyone done both and not been disapponted??
Thanks,

Pam

At this time, my understanding is that the cruise in California is pure rumor and speculation.

Id love to hear opinions on this too.

You arent alone, BWVPam. We have done 2, 3 night Disney cruises, but were saving up for the big trip, a 7 day, for our 10th anniversary in the summer of 2005. Disney seems to have other ideas for us though. :rolleyes: :( We have booked a 4 day since it looks like our dream of a 7 day is out the window, but Im a bit afraid I will be disappointed since I had wanted a 7 day for so long. I guess the 4 day will be better than the 3 day...but not what I had really wanted. :mad:

Having just completed a 14 day Disney cruise, a 4 day would seem so short to me.

It would better than not being able to go at all though.

We did the 7 Day Western and then the 4 day last Easter. We definitely enjoyed the 4 day, but it did go very quickly. We are back to doing the 7 day this summer. Unless we had to do another 4 day because of time constraints, I think we will stick with 7 days from now on.

How about doing a back-to-back 4 day and a 3 day? Lot of ship time. And two trips to Castaway Cay.

Our first cruise was a 7-day Eastern and then we did two 4-day cruises after that (all DCL) -- we always couple a day or two in WDW prior to the 4-day cruises though as to make for a week-long vacation.

They are two very different cruises for us as we have different hopes and expectations for the 4-dayers than we do for the 7-day cruises. We would not hesitate to do another 4-day in the future BUT we are kinda sick of Nassau and have decided to book another 7-day Eastern for March '05 (no interest at all in the Western ports).

If we were to do another 4-day before next March, we would just treat it as if it were all sea days aside from CC and just not get off the ship. I seriously doubt that I'll ever step foot on Nassau again.

GOOD LUCK with your decision! :)

Hi,

Mom & I like the 4 day a lot, but we have never done a 7 day!!! Someday!!! Maybe 2006 or 2007. Enjoy!

Allison an associate (DVC)

Well, I wouldn't do a 4 day just because I find them too short and don't like Nassau. AS of the 2/7 Magic, the captain said "new iteneraries coming in 2005" but didn't go beyond that. As someone said, the stuff about a west coast cruise is speculation. DCL has been talking/asking about interest in Alaska cruises for at least the last 2 years at the Castaway Club receptions. In fact, recently they have been saying less about it.

The bottom line is that no one outside of DCL knows what the Magic is doing in the summer of 2005. The good news is that if you have already booked on the Wonder and decide that you want to change to a date on the Magic, it is no problem as long as you are at least 60 days out.

Because it was our very first cruise, we booked a four-day. We didn't know if we'd be seasick, if the kids would enjoy it . . . you know, we were just being careful.

In all honesty, the four days flew by soooo quickly. We'll definately do the seven-day next time! I don't regret having done the four-day -- it was a "test run" for us. But I probably wouldn't do it again.

I would keep checking to see if they do open the 7 days and switch. We have done both and we just about cried when we had to get off after 4 days. Actually we almost cried about getting off of the Magic also, but at least we felt like we had spent a good amount of time on the cruise. My kids are still telling everyone that it was the best vacation of their lives (money well spent!!).

Thanks everyone. I guess we will just have to wait and see what Disney does.

Pam

Ditto on it being merely fun due to being on DCL,
but we do it not for the ports of call but for the life onboard.
It is nice to go to Castaway Cay and the Nassau stop is only good for the adult visit to Atlantis to experience the gambling that is not allowed onboard. But DCL is at it's best "onboard". Meals, rooms, entertainment, Kids entertainment, etc.
You cannot get this anywhere else than onboard.
Although 7-day cruises give you more time onboard, the ports of call can interfere with your DCL enjoyment.
4-days is short, but it is lot's of fun.

Wanted to go on a 7 day in sumer 05, looks like that will not happen. Going to sign up for a 4 day Wonder today....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter