Will we be able to trade meal credits for snacks?

Straulin

Mouseketeer
Precovid, we hadn’t been to WDW for several years due to finances. I think our last trip had been 2016 or 17. Back then you could trade a quick or table service credit for 3 snack credits.

Was that still an option before the shutdown? Any news if it will be available with the new plans?

This would really impact the value for the dining plan and our math as to if it is worth getting.

Precovid, we hadn’t been to WDW for several years due to finances. I think our last trip had been 2016 or 17. Back then you could trade a quick or table service credit for 3 snack credits.

Was that still an option before the shutdown? Any news if it will be available with the new plans?

This would really impact the value for the dining plan and our math as to if it is worth getting.
I suppose we won't know for sure until someone actually tries. But, IMO trading for 3 snacks is not a good use of a QS credit because :

You would be required to exchange at one place for each QS credit and can't split them up

The cost of snacks rarely goes above $7 and the value if allowed would be $21 but if you use the credit for a QS meal, that can be close to $30 value depending on where you use it.

I doubt they would allow a child's credit to be exchanged for 3 snacks but who knows...

This might be a decent value if used at Epcot during Food & Wine. Some of the snacks are reaching $10 or more in cost at the booths. You would lose the adult beverage credit though with this exchange.

They did split them up. As I said, this was a while back. You could buy one snack and use the meal plan credit and would end up with two added snacks on your plan. I learned of the option at the food and wine festival booths. When I was checking out the CM mentioned it. The important thing was to make sure they used a quick service credit instead of table.

If it still works, they announced with the reopening of the meal plan that snacks can be used for cocktails. So you can get $15-20 value for a snack as a cocktail.

This might be a decent value if used at Epcot during Food & Wine. Some of the snacks are reaching $10 or more in cost at the booths. You would lose the adult beverage credit though with this exchange.
Disney offers a specific list of included snacks. It's not clear if food from the EPCOT booths will be included or if the DDP logo on the menus will be covered with stickers (or.painted over)

Don't believe so.Check Disney World site for more information.

They did split them up. As I said, this was a while back. You could buy one snack and use the meal plan credit and would end up with two added snacks on your plan. I learned of the option at the food and wine festival booths. When I was checking out the CM mentioned it. The important thing was to make sure they used a quick service credit instead of table.

If it still works, they announced with the reopening of the meal plan that snacks can be used for cocktails. So you can get $15-20 value for a snack as a cocktail.
I don’t believe that is correct. The new plan has the same language as the old plan, regarding only nonalcoholic drinks included as snacks. It does include either a nonalcoholic or an alcoholic beverage with meals (not snacks):

QS:
  • 2 Quick-Service Meals (per night of stay)*
  • 1 Snack/Nonalcoholic Drink (per night of stay)*
  • 1 Resort-Refillable Drink Mug**
TS
  • 1 Quick-Service Meal (per night of stay)*
  • 1 Table-Service Meal (per night of stay)*
  • 1 Snack/Nonalcoholic Drink (per night of stay)*
  • 1 Resort-Refillable Drink Mug**

I used the dining plan many times and NEVER did they split a dining credit into three separate snacks.

You could use a dining credit for three snacks AT THE SAME PLACE and AT THE SAME TIME in one transaction.

There were several trips where we one or two credits QS that we exchanged for 3 snacks.

I’m not disputing you but that was my experience.

I used the dining plan many times and NEVER did they split a dining credit into three separate snacks.

You could use a dining credit for three snacks AT THE SAME PLACE and AT THE SAME TIME in one transaction.

There were several trips where we one or two credits QS that we exchanged for 3 snacks.

I could be wrong. It has been years. That is how I remember it working. I believe is was 2016 or so.

THIS ^

The system just doesn't have the ability to split a credit into three credits of a different kind, while a cashier has ability to take three snacks and charge you one credit in one transaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter