Will "Walt" be dropped from Walt Disney World?

“WALT DISNEY WORLD “ has left the house
Welcome to chapek land … or both bob‘s land/world

If I remember correctly, Walt referred to it as Disney World in the film about the Florida Project, and it was Roy that added the Walt to honor his brother. So one could argue that dropping the Walt would be what Walt Disney himself wanted.

Personally, I vote for keeping it Walt Disney World.

If I remember correctly, Walt referred to it as Disney World in the film about the Florida Project, and it was Roy that added the Walt to honor his brother. So one could argue that dropping the Walt would be what Walt Disney himself wanted.

Personally, I vote for keeping it Walt Disney World.
I never really thought about it but now that you mention that it does make some sense seeing how it's not Walt Disney Land. If Walt came up with the name of Disneyland then to keep the them going you'd think it would have been just Disneyworld. Roy adding Walt to the name would be a tribute and something additional to set the two parks apart.
Really, makes little difference in the end if they left or kept the Walt in the name I suppose
I mean, I'm all for keeping it, I'm not big on changing names. Just not something that is a big deal. They'd have a hard time taking Walt away totally. Removing his first name alone won't do it. Still has his surname.

I don't think I've ever said this aloud but it grates on me when I hear people saying "Disney" without "World" or "Land" after it. I have no idea why - but there's such a strong visceral reaction I have (internally) ...
Same! I want to know exactly where people are going!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter