Will there be anymore adjustments to October park hours?

SarahD112

Mouseketeer
We went to Disney several times when kids were younger and it seemed Disney always extended park hours as our trip got closer - or even when we were there. Haven’t been in several years, so asking those who have if this is still the practice. With all the early EEMH/EMH...that throws a wrench into what’s normal, I’m thinking. What I’m really wondering is whether Magic Kingdom will extend the evening hours on non-party nights. But if our days are starting by leaving the hotel at 6 in the morning, the question may be moot. 😳

What do you think will end up being the MK closing time for Oct. 30 (a non-party night)?

If there are already EMH in the morning, will they add them in the evening also? Curious, as I will be down there at that time, and I know MK has EMH in the morning that day.

What do you think will end up being the MK closing time for Oct. 30 (a non-party night)?

Past performance doesn’t always equal future results when the park calendar is concerned, but FWIW, last year the non-party nights around that week of Halloween had 10pm regular park closings at MK.

My guess is we see the current 9pm closing on 10/30 shifted to 10pm this year. Maybe later if we’re lucky.

If there are already EMH in the morning, will they add them in the evening also? Curious, as I will be down there at that time, and I know MK has EMH in the morning that day.

While possible, it would be unusual to add a PM EMH to that day at this point.

Wednesday is the “normal” MK PM EMH day, but for whatever reason Disney didn’t schedule MK PM EMHs this October (presumably due to the daily AM EMHs, but who knows).

I don't think so, but the regular closing time may get extended from 9PM to 10PM.

As predicted! Wednesday October 16th at magic kingdom extended from 9 10 10pm and Saturday the 19th from 9pm to 11pm, also MK.

I got an email from Touring Plans about a half hour ago with updated MK hours for 3 days that I will be there. Oct 26 is my arrival day, and I was planning on going to MK that night for the non-MNSSHP night time stuff (and then Halloween night for the party) so I'm happy for the extra hour.

DateChange
» Magic Kingdom Revised Park Hours:
8:00 AM-10:00 PM +EMH Morning
Magic Kingdom Closing Time changed from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
8:00 AM-10:00 PM +EMH Morning
Magic Kingdom Closing Time changed from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
8:00 AM-11:00 PM +EMH Morning
Magic Kingdom Closing Time changed from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM.

WAs just posting that when your went up. this sort of makes up for all the nights we miss due to the parties.

Happy to see the extra hour at MK on the 26th which will be our last night. We have HEA dessert party after the fireworks so guess we will have a few extra minutes before rushing out ....

With all the early EEMH/EMH...that throws a wrench into what’s normal, I’m thinking. What I’m really wondering is whether Magic Kingdom will extend the evening hours on non-party nights. But if our days are starting by leaving the hotel at 6 in the morning, the question may be moot. 😳
Especially, when doing adult only trip, we tend to ‘sleep in’ going by disney standards. Often head to the resort pool and enjoy it to ourselves, then head into the parks in early afternoon & close down the parks. Easy enough to still have guaranteed rides via FP at least.

With the EEMH at MGM, figure we will devote one or two days to being near rope drop there. Try to do standby on a ride or two, then retreat to resort (thankfully BWV) and take a nap in our room or poolside. Regroup and visit whatever park we have set up actual FPs for the day later in afternoon/early evening if hours are late.

Since we focus on both the MNSSHP & HHN multi night events, do try to keep the sleep schedule somewhat consistent with late nights and getting enough sleep the next day. Have learned if you we do burn the candle at both ends the trip tends to become work vs pleasure for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter