Will the characters HOLD an infant for pictures?

Alli and Molly's Mom

Earning My Ears
I understand with crazy people who sue everyone, WDW may have rules... but I would love to have my 4 month old's picture taken with as many characters as possible... it's the only way she will have any "memory" of the trip.
Kerry
taking the
:earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

We took my dd when she was 8 months old. We went to alot of character breakfasts. The characters would come over and play with her and would pose by her high chair. They were all very nice to her. Minnie played peek a boo with her at Chef Mickey's and she loved it. The characters were great. We went on the cruise and the Princesses were terrific. They held her for pictures. I have a great picture of her sitting on Captain Mickey's knee! Don't be afraid to ask I'm sure they wil let you know if it is possible.

I think that planning character meals would be your best bet to get your Baby's picture made with the characters. That way they would have a place to sit while they hold your infant and there would be less kids trying to crowd around the characters. I would be a little afraid of handing my young infant to one of the characters at a chance character greeting with lots of little kids around. Remember the costumes for some character like pooh are bulky and make holding things harder and make seeing harder too.
another good bet might be the character greeting area in toon town. They have good control over the crowds and we have seen a wide range of different characters there. Even Cinderella once.
Have a magical first visit with your infant.I am sorry that I don't know the offical rule for this but have seen pictures of characters holding little one so it must be done sometimes.

Jordan's mom

When our youngest was 6 weeks old we went to DW. I asked a CM that was with Mickey if he would hold him. She told me that they were not allowed to. That was fine with me. However, when my two oldest were going to get their picture, Mickey motioned for me to bring him the baby. He then sat on a bench and took DS from me. It was a beautiful picture. When I looked at the CM, she was just shaking her head at Mickey as if to say, "that's not allowed". On that same trip we were having dinner in the Liberty Tavern, Chip came over, sat down and took the baby from DH.

In other words, I guess it depends on how "brave" the characters are.

I have witnessed characters holding infants on many occasions. Once, over at the American Pavillion in Epcot, I saw Minnie pull Mickey away from his "crowd" to sit on the ground and hold a baby "together".

When we had dinner at Chef Mickey's, my husband was going to hold our 15 month old son and pose for a picture with Mickey. Without us even having to ask, Mickey gently took our son from my husband and held him for the photo. Maybe it's easier for the characters to hold an older baby.

We took my dd to WDW when she was 6 months old and without even having to ask, Cinderellla held her. I got the cutest pictures of my daughter, Cinderella and Prince Charming.

Also, we went when my dd was 1 year old and we saw Terk at Animal Kingdom. He held her as well.

I have a much treasured picture of Snow White holding my dd, then 12 weeks old. However, this was before Xmas (when D-Land is very uncrowded...before the vacation crowds) so it was easy for her to do. My guess would be that it will be very hard if it is a character who is in the park, with crowds of children.

I agree, the best way is to try at a character meal.

Julia

I think that this is a big YCMV (Your Character May Vary) We wanted our 9 mo son's picture with Mickey one year and the handler told us that we could hold him but that Mickey (and the other characters) aren't supposed to hold them. They said that it is too easy for the characters with large gloves to not be able to get a good grip on the baby and drop him. Not that they are afraid of a lawsuit, but who wants to have the guilt of dropping a baby and having it cry? The handler told us she has seen this happen and it isn't pretty. She said that sometimes the characters will get on the floor and put a baby or toddler in their lap, but they don't like to hold them in their arms. As you can see from other responses, sometimes this happens, but don't expect it!

:earsgirl:

When my oldest son was 6 mths old he had his first trip to WDW.
We have pictures of pooh holding him,but tigger wouldn't. We have other pictures when DS #2 was 9 mths old where chip or dale are holding him . so i guess it depends on the cm.
:D

Shaun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter