• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will someone prefer POFQ over Deluxe Resorts?

luckytso

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
We have always stayed at deluxe resorts and only once stayed at All Star. We did not like All Star because we did not like the fact that we can't really open the shades since there are people walking outside from our windows.

However, I am very curious about POFQ, the theming is fun, the resort is compact, and the boat to DD, the catch and release fishing thing for kids, the dragon slide, all of these sound fun. However, it also has the outside corridor.

Do you think we would have the same issues as All Stars? I would like to give it a try, especially the price is much better than deluxe. Thanks

We are in the same boat. Our favorite being AKL, with Poly a very close second. However, I just planned a quick summer trip and we are staying at POFQ. From all that I read it seems like we won't be disappointed.

We stayed there in December. It's a great resort! It is still a moderate though, and if you are bothered by people walking by then you may experience the same problem.

Since we switched to the moderates we haven't been back to the deluxe resorts. Our family much prefers having our doors open to the outside and you can't beat the food court option with a family. We also love strolling around the resort and PO is a great place to walk around. We don't usually open our blinds so that's never been an issue with us.

The AS have so much more traffic, longer halls? I didn't really mind the little traffic that passed my window at CBR and POR-AB. The blinds can be partially openned to allow some natural light in, but still maintain privacy. Try a mod, the savings are substantial.

I really liked POR when we stayed there and honestly, I can't remember too many people walking past our door outside? Actually I am trying to remember now and I think I only saw 2 people do this...they have nice paths to walk down and it was very quiet I thought! We were only a hop away from a pool, which was empty everytime we went by! LOL

Although I would certainly choose AKL over French Quarter, I will say that FQ is by far our favorite moderate resort!!! It's absolutely lovely.

If I were going to stay in a mod, POFQ would be the one, I really like the theming there, and because it's the smallest it has a sense of intimacy that the others lack. But keep in mind that you still have doors that open to the outside, with the same privacy problem. There is no balcony, so your window will still open to the walkway. My suggestion is request an upper floor room and pay the extra for a river view. You'll have the minimum amount of traffic that way.

Anne

We have stayed at Deluxe resorts three times and my family definitely prefers the moderates. There just seems to be more family type activities going on and we prefer the food courts over full size restaurants. I myself like the outside corridors better than hallways too. We'll be staying at FQ in 49 days and we can't wait. It's the only moderate we haven't tried yet so it will be something new.

FQ is our favorite resort. As a matter of fact, when I told my daughter (age 14) that we had ressies for AKL (overflow from SOG) she was REALLY disappointed that we were gonna be at POFQ!!! I had to convince her to try a deluxe!

It's beautiful and you will like it alot!

Give it a try and request a room on a top floor away from the stairs. It can be pretty quiet up there. :)

Thanks everyone.

I am a member of the Disney Vacation Club and I could spend the equivalent amount of $ to stay at a studio for Wilderness Lodge Villa, Boardwalk Villa or Beach Club Villa, but I decided to try POFQ for 3 nights in May.

Do you think this is a dumb move to spend the same amount of $ to stay at a moderate versus a deluxe?

Posted by luckysto:
Do you think this is a dumb move to spend the same amount of $ to stay at a moderate versus a deluxe?

Sorry, lucky but YES! Are you using points for this reservation? If so, I suggest you don't and instead make a cash reservation......way cheaper.

Beachangel, I thought so. I ended up booking a studio at Boardwalk Villa and we may just drive over to participate in the catch & release fishing thing. One of these days, we will be staying here.:D

Beachangel,
I think as far as value you waste points by booking a regular room. No fridge, no micro, etc. We however, conserve points by booking and paying cash for moderates on the weekends. It extends our points and allows us to enjoy larger DVC accomadations during the week.

Patsal:

We will be doing the same thing on our next trip. We are sandwiching a two night stay at CSR between stays at BCV & BWV. It seems logical to us!

:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter