will sell first born for dinner at LaCeillier and other reviews

babywewe

Mouseketeer
I warn you... this is long... but i hope you will find this helpfull!

Day One
1st Night
Mama Rose (Fantasmic Package) - MGM
1 flat bread mini pizza appetizer
2 cokes
1 steak with blue cheese
1 pasta with chicken
1 cheese cake
1 chocolate cake

The flat bread pizza appetizer was great. Being from New York one can get picky about pizza. This was some great oven baked pizza. They also brought bread and dipping sauce to the table. The sauce was pesto and some sort of tomato past; mixed togetter the sauces were great! I had the stead with blue cheese on top. It was so tender that it makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Brandon had the pasta with chicken. The pasta had some sort of cream sauce on it. It was good but not fantasic. The cheese, which I had, was great. The chocolate cake had a warm fudge like filling which was a nice surprise. I rated this my second best dinner for the week.

Day Two
Pinoccio Has – Magic Kingdom
1 Chicken finger
1 pizza
2 drinks
2 shakes (one vanilla, one chocolate)

$25

This was the least favorite meal of the week for two reasons. The first reason was because the food was boring and processed. The second reason is because it took us FOREVER to find a seat to even eat. Hungry and tired is not a nice combo to be looking for a table in a very crowded area. When we where eating, this one lady asked up 3 times if we were leaving soon. I found it VERY rude and it made me not want to get up any faster. A young mother with two small children asked me if I was almost done, I gave her the same answer as I gave the crazy lady; not yet, but soon. The crazy lady came out of no where and declair “This is my table!” I sat there and slowly finished my vanilla shake as I read the show times guide. This crazy lady’s family almost surrounded us and the crazy lady herself stalked us from the doorway (I kid not). She would stand at the door way and peak out at us while we ate! They didn’t even have food yet! I thought the situation was totally wild! I refused to leave but Brandon got up and left. A minute later I got up while the crazy lady was talking to her family (almost on top of me). In this minute another family swooped down and got the table! I walked past her and said “you snooze you loose.” Victory was mine. I did feel bad leaving my garbage on the table which was intended for the crazy rude lady and her rude stalker family. I was stalked at the Pinocchio Haus and Brandon’s innocent dinning Haus will never be the same!

Night
Whispering Canyon Café – Wilderness lodge resort
2 cokes
1 nacho appetizer
1 wing
2 steaks
1 tortilla w/ cinnamon, banana and ice cream desert
1 chocolate cake

The food at this place was great. I list it was my third favorite meal of the week. We got seated in the back away from all the “action.” Our waiter didn’t want to have any fun with us. I had a kick watching others get made fun of and picked on. Mostly those who had a birthday got picked on. I actually expected a little more action from this restaurant after hearing all the hijinks. The lady who brings the food played with the table next to us and told us to eat their food; she put all their food on our table and plates. Our food was very tasty and I vote it one up from the Outback Steakhouse. The nachos had lots of favor due to the great chili they poured over them. The wings were not ordinary hot wings; they had a tang to them and a very tasty ranch sauce. The steaks came out great but not the best steak I had that week (and I had three steaks that week!). My desert was out of this world but I was to full to even eat half of it! Brandon had the chocolate cake; yes, another chocolate cake.

Day three

Tangerine Café – Epcot
1 lamb platter
1 lamb & chicken platter
2 cokes
2 bacala

I’v never had Moroccan food and was curious. I had heard a lot about this place from doing all my Disney research. I always like trying new things and Moroccan sounded a lot like Greek food. We walked into Tangerine Café and there was a squirl right at my feet. I was a little taken back by this and Brandon said “what you’ve never seen a squirrel?” I said “no, not so close to my feet! It doesn’t move.” The family sitting at the table next to the entrance explained the squirrel liked French fries (I’m not sure why they sold French fries in Morocco) and they hand feed the squirrel a fry. I even took a photo of this sight! The lamb platter was very tasty. A nice lamb, the same meat found in a gyro, with humus, a roll, cous cous, and some herb mix. The herb mix and cous cous I could have lived without the strange herb mix and the cous cous was a bit strange. I really enjoyed the humus and roll with the lamb. The bacula desert was small and just right. Very tasty.

SC: 2 Frozen slushies = $8

I had the lemonade slushie and Brandon had the strawberry slushie. More on this later…

La Cellier – Epcot - Canada

2 Cheese soups
2 Filet Mignon’s
2 Cokes
1 Crème Brule
1 Chocolate cake

This was the best dinner we had all week! I can’t say enough about La Ceillier! Very time I think about La Ceillier I think O! CANADA! We almost didn’t go to this restaurant because we had a large lunch at Tangerines around 1pm. We also had slushies around 3pm in the afternoon. Brandon was not feeling well after the heat and the sugary strawberry slushy he had. I didn’t feel full, but I didn’t feel hungry either. I called reservations to see if I could get a later time. They said there were no one reservations available for the week. I told Brandon we didn’t have to go but I told this place was amazing and not to be missed. I also told him I wasn’t sure were we could find an ADR for later in the evening. He wasn’t happy, but he went. And boy, he was happy we ate! The bread sticks were amazing, especially this one that was a whole grain. They also had pretzel sticks and a regular bread stick. If I was starving I would have eaten all three of those bread sticks; however, I behaved and saved my appetite. We both got the cheese soup as an appetizer and…. OOOO! CAAANNNADAA!.... it was good! I wasn’t sure how beer and cheese mixed, but they did it; it was very subtle. Its also nice signing a bill for 102 dollars and know you only paid 35bucks for a days with of good eats.

Day Four

S.C. Coffee $2

Flame Tree – Aninal Kingdom
2 rib platters with corn and baked beans
2 frozen lemonaid
2 cokes

This was some very yummy bbq ribs for a theme park. I also enjoyed the bbq sauce they had to put on the ribs. I usually don’t eat baked beans when they come with a dish but I finished off these beans. What I really loved about this place was the “hidden” tables all around different paths. It was quite, cool, and right off of a lagoon. We even got to see safari Mini and Mickey pass by on their safari boat. The frozen lemonaid was a nice light dessert to finish off this big lunch. Good thing we made a last minute, and late, reservation for Spoodles.

Spoodles – The Boardwalk resort

1 Flat bread with cheese
1 Shrimp with lemon sauce
1 Seafood Stew
1 Pasta w/ sausage
2 cokes
1 chocolate cake
1 Crème Brule

This was our least favorite dinner of the week. Very disappointed in this meal because we read it had Mediterranean influences. Perhaps they used some spices from the Mediterranean but I didn’t find any of it to be very Mediterranean. I found the shrimp appetizer with lemon sauce to be a over glorified shrimp scampi with though shrimp. I was glad I didn’t have to pay for this $12 dollar appetizer! The flat bread with cheese was more like a small brick oven pizza. This was the one thing I really enjoyed during the meal. If I stayed at the Boardwalk resort I would think about getting a take out pizza from this place. The pasta with sausage in which I ordered was nothing I thought it would be. The sausage with ground up with the sauce and it lacked flavor. I’ve had better pasta at the Macaroni grill. Brandon had the seafood stew and he seemed to enjoy it; however, he was not very impressed by it. The desert was the only real highlight of this meal. I have never met a Crème Brule that I did not like! I tossed aside the biscotti cook which came with the crème Brule. Brandon had another Chocolate cake.

Day Five

All Star Music food court
2 Cheeseburgers
2 Cokes
2 Yogurts

Early lunch at the resort, as it was a lazy pool day. The hamburgers were basic Disney hamburger fair. Nothing to complain about nothing to rave about; it was food. I had the yogurt parfait and Brandon had a regular yogurt. I should have gotten a regular yogurt because the parfait was gross and bitter.

Pesco Bills – Magic Kingdom
2 Cheeseburgers with chili fries
2 Cokes
2 Peanut butter moose chocolate brownie

Today we needed to use two counter service meals because that’s how things worked out. You may say, “Another Hamburger?!” Well, yea. There are not too many yummy, interesting options in the Magic Kingdom for counter service meals. We really wanted El Pirata y el Perico; however, it was closed that day and only open on weekends. We had the horrible experience at Pinocchio Haus earlier in the week and we may never again visit this beloved eatery because of the crazy stalker lady. We took a look at the menu to Harbor House and I was not impressed; I’m not a fan of breaded, fried seafood. We settled for Pesco Bills because I had remembered reading about its good fixings bar. Although it was “another burger,” it was a great burger. The fixings bar had mushrooms which Brandon loves, and I hate. The fixings bar also had great cooked onions and cheese sauce. Anyplace with a cheese sauce pump is right up there with La Cellier. Well, not really….well, maybe if it was a blue cheese sauce pump (with real, hot, melted, blue cheese mind you). I was also impressed with this place because they let us have a side of chili fries with our Hamburg’s. I was ready to give up the desert or use a snack credit for those chili fries, but they just gave them to us with our meal. Oh! Those Peanut butter moose chocolate brownies rocked! YUM. You rock Pesco Bill!

Day Six

Chef Mickey’s – Contemporary resort
Buffet

Whew, I’m surprised I did’nt sleep through this breakfast. After being at the Magic Kingdom untill 12am the night before we did’nt have much sleep for this 7am breakfast reservation. I made the reservation for this breakfast a month prior and this was the only time I could get, 7am! Not only was it the only time offered it was the ONLY breakfast reservation left for the whole week! When we arrived, close to 7am, there was already a line to get in. They took our photo and seated us shortly. The buffet was nothing to rave about. It was average buffet breakfast fair. The real perk, and highlight, of this breakfast was Pluto, Chip and Dale, Mini, and yes, Mickey himself! Dale played with my hair, Pluto tried to eat my head, and Brandon had coffee with Mickey when I got up to the buffet! About very 15 minuets they play “celebration” and very waves their napkin around, even Pluto!

Hoop Dee Doo – Fort Wilderness
9:30PM seating

All you can eat buckets, yes buckets, of fried chicken, ribs, baked beans, and corn.
I found the fried chicken to be a bit dry; however, I’m just not a huge fan of fried chicken. I found the ribs to be very tasty and very much like the ribs we had at Flame Tree earlier in the week. I didn’t care for the watery baked beans, but I did enjoy the sweet corn on the cob. The bread and salad left on the table when we first walked in was good. I was shocked I didn’t eat more; especially considering this was my first meal since finishing breakfast at 8am. The real treat for this meal was the show. Very funny and well worth the 2 table credits we used for this meal. However, now that we have experienced this show I think the two table service credits will go to two dinners at La Ceillier next time! They ended the meal with simple, but deviously fresh strawberry shortcake.

Day Seven

Oktoberfest – Epcot – Germany
2 Bratwursts with sauerkraut
2 Cokes
2 Apple Strudels with Vanilla sauce

Snake Credit: Pretzel – $3.50

Not a Bratwurst to rave home about. In fact, I understand why this Epcot pavilion was empty; it just didn’t have many choices. I really loved the apple strudel with the vanilla sauce. The one thing this meal had going for it was how light it was. It didn’t stuff us and left just enough room to share a pretzel using a snack credit. As I told Brandon, I like anything I can put spicy brown mustard on!

L’ Original Alfredo Di Roma – Epcot
1 Mozzarella with tomatoes
1 Calamari
2 Cokes
2 Alfredo
1 Canoli
1 Chocolate Moose
$90

I had a good time at Alfrado’s. It was our last sit down meal of the week and enjoyable. I was afraid I made a mistake but gave it a try.
Brandon had and I both had the Alfrado and it was so good and so filling. The Calamari was out of this world and we both loved it. The mozzarella with tomatoes was okay but not as good as the calamari. The bread and olive oil dip was also good. The desert was okay, not the best. I was too full from the filling Alfrado to even finish the canolie.

I would say we used about 9 Snack credits on water. 9x 2.00 = $18

We would have spend $730 on food this week if we didn’t have the Dinning plan.
What we did spend $490
$240 profit

Great reviews! Can you tell me more about the Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package? Were you able to order anything from the regular menu or did you have a special set menu with limited choices? We are going in Aug and have this booked. Thanks! :sunny:

Thanks!!! Pecos Bills and Lecellier are on our list to try for the first time - great reviews!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Great detailed reviews! Thanks for taking the time to do it. Don't you just hate the people that just hover over you while you are trying to eat - so rude! I would have sat there like you did, just to make a point.

Great reviews! I'm glad to hear someone else had a similar experience at Spoodles. We ate there in September after reading how great it was, but we were very disappointed. The food was just not that good!!

We are big LeCellier fans too...oh, I'd give anything for the mushroom filet right now!

Marcy

Great reviews!! We also LOVE LeCelliers and your right those peanut butter moose brownies at Peco Bills are awesome!!!

Thank you for your detailed reviews!!

Your story about the rude table hover-ers was hilarious!! (I would have done the same thing and I'm usually fairly laid back...that was just plain RUDE of those people) :thumbsup2

Great reviews!! And very interesting as I have ADR's at some of those places in Oct. A couple of questions:

What kind of flatbread did you have at MM?

What choices were you given for the entree at MM FDP? Also, I read that you were given tiramisu or icecream for dessert - no other choices.

LeCellier - Glad you had such a great dinner. We have a lunch ADR there in early Oct. I would choose either the creme brulee or the choc cake for dessert - which did you feel was better? Was the maple flavoring very strong in the creme brulee? :thanks:

deany said:
What kind of flatbread did you have at MM?

What choices were you given for the entree at MM FDP? Also, I read that you were given tiramisu or icecream for dessert - no other choices.

LeCellier - Glad you had such a great dinner. We have a lunch ADR there in early Oct. I would choose either the creme brulee or the choc cake for dessert - which did you feel was better? Was the maple flavoring very strong in the creme brulee? :thanks:

A few people asked about the Fantasmic Package.
I was so hungry that night it did'nt matter what they served me! LOL
I remember there was about 5 chocies. This was my first time there so i dont know what the reg menu looks like. I choose the steak which came with (real cheese, not dressing) blue cheese melted on the top. It came with a myserious "cake." I think it might have been grits, or maybe a corn mash... i dont know....but i it was really good. Brandon had the pasta with chicken. I remember having a choice of alfredo a fish (salmon, i think). I'm a big fan of anything cook in a brick oven!
Oh , I got the three cheese flat bread YUM.
We had a full Menu of deserts to choose from. I'm not a big fan of chocolate cake, so i did enjoy my cheese cake more then the chocolate (of course i had to take a few "tastes" from the DBF's plate).

I really loved the Creme Brule at La Ceillier, you could barely taste the maple!
The creme brule was not as good at spoodles...it was'nt "burned" right. Someplaces too burnt and other spots will had raw sugar on top. I picked the shell away.

Thanks for the terrific reviews. I agree with you about Le Cellier, the food there is so good. Our steaks were perfect on our last two trips. :)

Thanks for sharing your reviews, glad you had mostly good experiences! :sunny:

Really enjoyed your reviews of the TS and CS restaurants. :cool1:

We are going in September and have reservations for Le Cellier, and can't wait. :yay: I have heard so many wonderful reviews about this restaurant. We will also eat at the TAngerine Cafe...one of our favourite CS restaurants.

Thanks again :bounce: :rotfl:

Thank you so much for the reviews and also for the addition of the cost aspect of each of them! They made me hungry just reading them... and made me happier and happier that I have talked my group into the dinning plan for our trip. :Pinkbounc

I am sorry you had to deal with that crazy lady though... however, I did have to laugh out loud when someone stole the table out from under her! :lmao: What goes around, comes around! :rolleyes1

Very happy to see yoru review of MM fantasmic package. Been thinking of this one as well since we will only have one night we can hit MGM on. Past of me is like "book the package so you know you can get in :wizard: " and the other half is like "but if the show is canceled due to weather won't you feel stupid :guilty: .

And I agree with the blue cheese.... YUM!!! :cheer2: :banana: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter