Will my ADR/Park plan work?

mom2ntbj

Earning My Ears
We are staying at POFQ in early March. I have ADR for 1900 Park Fare for 8am. We are planning Epcot that day which opens at 9am. My plan is to take the resort bus (around 7am??) to MK and transfer to the monorail to 1900 for breakfast. After breakfast we would just take the monorail to Epcot and hopefully arrive shortly after opening. I know all the stars have to align with Disney transportation, but does this sound doable and it is the best way? I would prefer not to take a cab.

I doubt that you would make rope drop at Epcot. I don't think that you will be able to go through the buffet, eat, meet all the characters, leave the restaurant, take the monorail to the TTC, transfer to the Epcot monorail, and get to Epcot and through security in an hour.

More than likely it will be a full hour at 1900 Park Fare. I think you would make it to EPCOT sometime between 9:45-10:15.

Nope. There is no way in heck you can eat, leave the Grand Floridian, and make it to Epcot in just an hour.

Even if you get seated, right at 8am, you aren't going to make park opening at Epcot. You will spend at least 45 mins there, closer to an hour or so. Then, ride the monorail back to the TTC...about 20 mins with wait times....transfer to the Epcot line....about 5-10 mins wait possible...ride to Epcot...10 mins. You'll need at least 45 mins to get to Epcot from GF.

I never expected to make rope drop. I was simply asking if my transportation ideas made sense and were they the best way.

I never expected to make rope drop. I was simply asking if my transportation ideas made sense and were they the best way.

You said you hoped to arrive shortly after opening, which I think most of us thought meant around 9 am. And that just won't happen.

Honestly? The best way is to take a cab. For less than $20 you save yourself almost an hour of waiting for the bus/monorail/travel time. And a cab would get you to Epcot much quicker. If you don't want to do that, then busing to MK and taking the monorail to the Grand Floridan will work. But it will take a good chunk of time. Just don't cut it too close.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter