Will I regret skipping the Oct. 27 madness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrighter

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping some of my fellow DISers will have some insight on this one.

We normally go to WDW in February. We've loved it - but as our kids are getting older and we're not really "pull the kids out of school" people, we are giving Spring Break a shot this year. I know, I know - we might be crazy. But we figure we're never going to know if we can handle it until we try it out for ourselves. So this year's the year. (Should probably mention that our spring break is the week before Easter! Yikes!)

And so of course, since we are branching out this year, Disney has decided to toss us to the wolves and we fall into the dreaded October 27 ADR black hole. And after much consideration, I'm considering NOT participating. Am I crazy? Hear me out and let me know what you think.

The only ressies we'll be making this year are these:

BBB for DD4
Pirates League for DS6
Pirate cruise for both kids
T Rex
One TS lunch - to be determined

We are very flexible with days and times - we "do the parks" pretty casually. We WILL be trying to avoid parks with EMHs, and of course we won't know the park hours until (supposedly) the 27th. I'm thinking of leaving the insanity to everyone else, and just calling later in the day on the 27th. No dealing with the online ressies - the system will likely crash anyway, right? And just rolling the dice with the days and times of our desired ressies.

Will I regret this? Will I call after looking at the park hours and will there be NOTHING left? I suppose the ressies with the most importance are BBB and PL - only because we want to do them on the same day and within a few hours of eachother. But I know those pirate cruises fill up fast - there are so few spots!

Let me hear it DISers - what do you think the odds are that I'll escape feeling okay about this one?

I suggest giving it "the college try"... be as flexible as possible! An early dinner(4pm) isn't a bad thing... you can be back to the parks while others are dining!

Bob

You couldn't pay me to try to call at opening bell on the 27th.

I think you'll probably be fine---BBB is probably the sticking point, everything else should be easier. If you can't coordinate BBB and PL on the same day, is it trip-runining, or just disappointing? If it's only disappointing, I'd even be inclined to wait a few days. I don't think the pirate cruises will fill up as fast as PL, and I don't think PL will fill up as fast as BBB.

I can't imagine regretting getting involved in that mess.

Unless you want Le Cellier or Cinderella's I think you'll be okay waiting.

I'm only talking about restaurants - I don't have any idea how fast the makeover things fill up. Everybody's going to be after restaurants on the 27th, not those.

I suggest calling T-Rex directly for that reservation and not making it through Disney. They do not release all their tables to Disney's reservation system - only a fraction of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter