Will following south beach get me past my plateau?

mrsklamc

<font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what
I lost 5 pounds in two weeks by eating healthy, low calorie food. Since then I have eaten the same way for about a month and my weight loss has completely stopped. I don't like the idea of specific 'diet plans' because I would rather do something that I feel is more sustainable, but I'm desperate.

I've seen it said several times that you need to 'change things up' when you hit a plateau and wonder if this is a good way to do so.

I can't do SB but, that is just me. It messed with my head and I believe it ended up with me eating A pizza. If you don't do a lot of breads and pasta to begin with it would be worth trying I think.

I do better on weight watchers or a more diabetic type diet where you do the exchanges.

Even just buying completely different groceries could work. We tend to get in a rut and eat the same things over and over.

Hang in there!

I did South Beach to lose ~20-25 lbs after college and have maintained my weightloss over the past three-four years just by the habits I gained from the diet. I have the last ~8lb to lose though and I've never been this low of a weight in my life other than a time when I wasn't eating and doing shift work. The reason I'm not lower is just because I have been drinking more than I should and eating "crap" on the weekends.

The first two weeks are the only time when you're really restricted on bread, pasta, rice, etc. The rest (phase 2, 3 and "maintenance") all include them. I'm a rice/pasta/bread JUNKIE and it works for me. Now I have retained a lot of the habits I learned on it, and it's much easier to maintain my weight (eating oatmeal w/ flax seed, only whole grains, lots of veggies, lean meats, etc).

Everyone is different and some people love the south beach diet, others hate it, and many others just don't understand it. Take the book out of your library or read up on the official site to learn more about it. If you just think you need to cut out carbs, it's definitely not SB. The weak feeling many people complain about is your body going into ketosis, and that is NOT the goal on SB, and can be avoided with the right mix of veggies, dairy and legumes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter