Will Extra Magic Hours be extended into Nov/Dec?

AuroraB

Earning My Ears
Just curious if anyone thinks the extra magic hours will end as planned, or continue?

I could see maybe another wave happening late November/early December at least at Studios when rise of the Resistance opens (or an early morning magic hard ticket)

I think it all will depend on how crowded the parks are expected to be. They know hotel occupancy and now with the new tickets, they also know how many people (minus same day purchase) will be in all the parks total.
I think they expected to see huge crowds with SWGE opening and added the EMH to help with the crowds.

I think it all will depend on how crowded the parks are expected to be. They know hotel occupancy and now with the new tickets, they also know how many people (minus same day purchase) will be in all the parks total.
I think they expected to see huge crowds with SWGE opening and added the EMH to help with the crowds.
I think they may change AK and MK to the regular the 9am opening, and maybe have an EMH at each park from 8-9. With the low crowds in September, I think they may decide they are not needed as much. We surely did enjoy them though while we were there. I think once RotR opens in early December, they may open HS at 6am again.

I wish they’d do more EM evening hours. I look forward to them each trip.

I think they may change AK and MK to the regular the 9am opening, and maybe have an EMH at each park from 8-9. With the low crowds in September, I think they may decide they are not needed as much. We surely did enjoy them though while we were there. I think once RotR opens in early December, they may open HS at 6am again.

I hope so. This would be ideal for us! Even continuing 7 AM openings at HS would be great.

But above all, I wish they would just tell us already!

We just booked a trip over thanksgiving (Nov 22-Dec 4 staying with friends for a 5 days in the middle) and I was surprised that they weren’t one the schedule.

Does WDW have a history of announcing them last min?

We just booked a trip over thanksgiving (Nov 22-Dec 4 staying with friends for a 5 days in the middle) and I was surprised that they weren’t one the schedule.

Does WDW have a history of announcing them last min?

Generally speaking, not really. Possible, yes - but is the exception, not really the norm.

That's one of the questions of the month! As all of us with November trips start booking our FPs, it's frustrating not to know. I can't imagine they'll continue what they're doing now, but the fact that they haven't announced any EMM dates for MK in November makes me think they're keeping their options open to do something, whether it's shorter EMHs or earlier general park openings.

That's one of the questions of the month! As all of us with November trips start booking our FPs, it's frustrating not to know. I can't imagine they'll continue what they're doing now, but the fact that they haven't announced any EMM dates for MK in November makes me think they're keeping their options open to do something, whether it's shorter EMHs or earlier general park openings.

That’s an interesting observation about MK EMM and this topic.

This seems more plausible than most of the speculation I’ve read.

I think Disney won’t make a decision until at least the end of September. This week has been dead. Looking at the last few years, Next week will probably be mostly dead, just a touch busier. The week of the 22nd will pick up a little and the week of the 29th will bring something closer to normal crowds. After that, Disney will have something resembling useful data to make decisions with.

Hotel rooms are almost all sold out for Jersey week Nov 7-10. I really wish they’d let us know if there will be extended early park hours or EMM at HS or MK.

Now that HS is almost all tier 1, it’s going to be hard to do much there - especially if the park opens at 9. Ive used 2 of our 4 days to get FPs at HS and only 1 FP each day since we don't want the tier 2 rides.

At least if they had EMH or EMM, we could do the HS rides early and save the FPs for another park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter