Will DL be crazy on 8/20 for the last MSEP?

lspst8

DIS Veteran
my family is making our first trip to DL this August after several trips to WDW. We are tacking a stop at DL on to an already scheduled trip to Seattle, so we only have 2 park days - August 20 and 21. We really aren't parade people and have seen MSEP at WDW, so we don't need to see it at DL. Will DL be extra busy due to the final MSEP? Should we plan on DCA for the 20th and do DL on the 21st?

my family is making our first trip to DL this August after several trips to WDW. We are tacking a stop at DL on to an already scheduled trip to Seattle, so we only have 2 park days - August 20 and 21. We really aren't parade people and have seen MSEP at WDW, so we don't need to see it at DL. Will DL be extra busy due to the final MSEP? Should we plan on DCA for the 20th and do DL on the 21st?
I asked the same question the other day. Someone said it's a pretty good guess that it will be very busy at DL on the 20th. We check in on the 18th and our first park day will be on the 19th will the plan to watch MSEP that night.

Yeah, I would do DCA 20, DL 21. It will probably be pretty packed, especially locals who know it is going away from every park for good.

The 21st will be the first day back in the parks for the SoCal AP holders after being blocked all summer. It will be nuts!

Even with all the craziness, if Disney history matters to you, try to view the MSEP on the original MS where it began. The second parade is usually less chaotic than the first. And even if you don't view the parade, a large number of guests will be camping on the parade route, which means they won't be in line for rides.

Agree it will be absolutely insane, with last day of parade, lower level passholders back and everyone (tourists and passholders) trying to get another day in before school starts (the next week for us)!

I know this is true with the AP's opening up again, but aren't local kids back in school that Monday the 21st?

Ugh, our last day in the parks is the 19th ... that will probably be busy as well. What do you think?

Regarding local schools, probably about half will be back that week. I know LAUSD starts 8/15, so that's a big one, but we don't go back until two weeks later, 8/28, so everyone tries to squeeze in a last DL day after the passes open back up.

any rumors on what will replace it? We will be there sept. 8-13 and I think there won't be any nighttime entertainment. well fantasmic will be back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter