Will Disney resorts provide toddler step stools?

pixiedust33

Mouseketeer
I've tried googling this and only got old and conflicting information. I should probably just call and ask, but I'm curious if anyone is aware of whether Disney resorts will provide step stools for toddlers who need them to reach the sink/toilet? We're staying at the Polynesian with our recently potty trained not quite 2.5 year old in March and trying to decide what supplies I'm going to need to bring with me. So a related question, if Disney does NOT provide step stools, what have others done to improvise something for their "I CAN DO IT MYSELF" toddlers?

I've tried googling this and only got old and conflicting information. I should probably just call and ask, but I'm curious if anyone is aware of whether Disney resorts will provide step stools for toddlers who need them to reach the sink/toilet? We're staying at the Polynesian with our recently potty trained not quite 2.5 year old in March and trying to decide what supplies I'm going to need to bring with me. So a related question, if Disney does NOT provide step stools, what have others done to improvise something for their "I CAN DO IT MYSELF" toddlers?

I think I just lifted her up to the sink?

I would not expect anything like that from Disney or hotels in general. I used to travel with my own "kid adapters".

This is light and folds flat into your suitcase.

Folding Travel Stool

Never seen anything like that but admittedly haven't requested either. I wouldn't plan on it.

I would not expect anything like that from Disney or hotels in general. I used to travel with my own "kid adapters".

This is light and folds flat into your suitcase.

Folding Travel Stool
Thanks for the link! I would not generally expect hotels to have stuff to accommodate little kids but I just thought Disney might since it’s so kid heavy. We went to a “family resort” locally last summer and they did have stuff like this in public areas and available by request in rooms. Seems like Disney does not though, which is no problem but always happy to save suitcase space if I can.

I saw the updated rooms at CBR do. Stayed in a cars suite at AoA last year and they did not. Kept one of the dining room chairs in the bathroom for her so she could wash her hands and brush her teeth but then she needed help on and off the chair. I don't get why disney doesn't have step stools when so so many kids are there.

Maybe in Florida, but apparently not in California since they have them at the Grand Cali. They do have one of those 'consuming may cause cancer' stickers though... haha. j/k.
the cancer sticker is a law in California and is on just everything you buy or use

We stayed at CBR last summer, and the renovated rooms had the cutest little step stools with a hidden Mickey carved into the side. I think it's definitely worth calling to ask since I know they have them at some resorts.

We have always just lifted him up, just like we do for public restrooms, other hotels, airports, cruise ships, etc. Some places have a lower sink available but most don't (esp when traveling - I can't recall a single lower sink in Europe last year).

I don't even think about it anymore to be honest :confused3

Disney released a video about the interior of the new DVC Cabins at Ft. Wilderness, and it points out a stepstool in the bathroom! So maybe they are available in the other resorts.

We stayed at Contemporary last year with our then 3yo. We didn't even think to ask about a step stool because we just used the ottoman from the room and set it up in the bathroom. Worked great for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter