will Disney extend credits?

daisydog2

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard if DCL will extend the deadline for cancelled cruise credits? It just dawned on me that we would need to cruise by September 2021 at the latest if we want to use our credit. I know it's early in the game, but I can't imagine that they will be able to handle the amount of people who need to rebook cruises along with people who already have a cruise booked....

Just curios.... Thanks!

Has anyone heard if DCL will extend the deadline for cancelled cruise credits? It just dawned on me that we would need to cruise by September 2021 at the latest if we want to use our credit. I know it's early in the game, but I can't imagine that they will be able to handle the amount of people who need to rebook cruises along with people who already have a cruise booked....

Just curios.... Thanks!
Why September '21? Most people's credits expire in May of '22.

The last e mail I saw from my travel agent said the future credits were only good for 15 months.. oh an yes, I was talking about the FCC they gave us for out cancelled May 2020 trip.
Has that changed and I didn't know? I'd much rather wait until 2022 to cruise again..

Thanks everyone. I guess I wasn't clear on my OG post

I am calling in a couple of days to move/cancel 2 cabins on a May, 2021 cruise that was booked using the FCC from a cancelled May, 2020 cruise. I want to use the credit on an October, 2021 cruise and possibly a January, 2022 cruise. I will see what they say. If they don’t move the FCC, I will just get a $9000 refund.

I feel sure they would rather keep my money - maybe they will extend the credits :)

The last e mail I saw from my travel agent said the future credits were only good for 15 months.. oh an yes, I was talking about the FCC they gave us for out cancelled May 2020 trip.
Has that changed and I didn't know? I'd much rather wait until 2022 to cruise again..

Thanks everyone. I guess I wasn't clear on my OG post
My understanding is that all FCC are now valid until May 31, 2022. See this post:

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...uture-cruise-credits-extended-to-may-31-2022/

As stated
" For those who had cruises cancelled due to COVID-19,"

It doesn't address those who have OnBoard bookings for a future cruise made before the cancellations started. Those bookings have a 2 year expiration date.
The OP said he/she was referring to an FCC, not an OBB. FCC are only currently being given for cruises cancelled due to COVID-19. The OP's May 2020 cruise was cancelled due to COVID, so therefore the FCC should expire on May 31, 2022.

As stated
" For those who had cruises cancelled due to COVID-19,"

It doesn't address those who have OnBoard bookings for a future cruise made before the cancellations started. Those bookings have a 2 year expiration date.

I have an OBB we booked in Jan 2020 that we have now used on a March 2022 cruise; others were using them into May 2022 at the last release in October. I'm struggling to find any published confirmation they were allowing that though. Has anyone tried recently?

I made an OBB the first week of June 2019. I was recently on the 9 day Fantasy cruise that was cancelled and called to reschedule to the 3 and 6 day July 2021 cruises, which I was given the 10% off for. I knew my OBB was going to expire before that cruise so I asked them to apply the money I originally spent on the OBB for the downpayment. The representative spoke to the accounting department who told them that I could use the 10% OBB discount for the July 2021 cruise on top of the 10% off I received for the 9 day cruise being cancelled. So they did extend the 2 year OBB timeline for me.

I do feel like though that if there are more cancellations going into 2021 that it would only be fair if they extended it. For EXAMPLE, if they cancel into October, then they should extend the FCC. That is just my OPINION

Im clinging to the hope that with the continued cancelations of cruises - that they extend the FCC further into the future. I was on a med cruise that was supposed to sail this past July.....and I moved my FCC to the same cruise in 2021. With the current status of the world, vaccine distribution and DCL's hinting of limited cruise experiences and masks in their commercials.....I'm hoping that they extend that deadline at least a few more months, so I can reschedule for the same cruise in 2022. If thats not possible, I will seek a refund.

If they continue to extend cancelations any further, I feel that the window of available cruises that someone can use the FCC (basically between whenever they start cruising and may 2022) will continue to constrict...and this will be met by a critical mass of cruisers with FCC that can't use them, forcing them to seek refunds. If DCL wants to keep that money and not give it back, they will *have* to extend the credit.

I think they have to make an announcement one way or another either just before or at the same time as the summer 2022 itineraries get released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts