Will DCL leave FL?

Never. DCL is too intricately linked with WDW and they are signing new agreements with either Miami or Port Everglades.

DCL is more likely to delay sailing longer than other cruise lines waiting for conditions to improve. Other lines need to return to sailing sooner to become profitable. DCL is a small part of the overall Disney Corporation and can afford to wait longer.

Now all this said, I can see DCL increasing at other ports like Galveston, sure. But leave FL 100%, not going to happen.

No way. Disney can’t/wouldn’t require fully vaccinated ships anyway since a large part of the ship is children.

I wouldn't say "never"...but the symbiotic relationship between Disney Cruise Line and Disney World is so strong that it would make it extremely unlikely on a long term basis. But on a short term basis, you never know if the alternative is remaining shut down. And I could see Disney wishing to require vaccinations of passengers age 12+ in order to mitigate concerns of an outbreak onboard.

I’d not say Never ... but they are thickly meshed with wdw and the state.

I don't think they will leave.

And I don't think they will let themselves be pressured into not requiring vaccinations for cruising. They will make their own decisions on their own timeline, just like they do with their parks.

DOJ announced yesterday that FL's recently law banning vax requirements/passports is not legal at cruise ships ports of entry as they're controlled by Federal Laws and agencies, TSA, CBP, Coast Guard and lastly the CDC. As much as FL would like to try to implement the law DeSantis signed, they can't once people enter terminals at the ports. Because the state has no jurisdiction.

DOJ announced yesterday that FL's recently law banning vax requirements/passports is not legal at cruise ships ports of entry as they're controlled by Federal Laws and agencies, TSA, CBP, Coast Guard and lastly the CDC. As much as FL would like to try to implement the law DeSantis signed, they can't once people enter terminals at the ports. Because the state has no jurisdiction.
If this holds legally then I think DCL and others will stay.

This is an excerpt from April 3, but doesn’t this contradict what you just said?

“However, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said Monday there will be no federal mandate that would require every American to get a vaccine credential.”

If what you say is true, that means TSA can require you to show your vaccine card every time you fly.

Furthermore, the CDC doesn’t keep vaccination records of anyone, so what database can they (federal agencies) check against besides calling the pharmacy, clinic, or hospital that you received your vaccine from?

Where was this reported? Can you provide a link?

This is an excerpt from April 3, but doesn’t this contradict what you just said?

“However, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said Monday there will be no federal mandate that would require every American to get a vaccine credential.”

If what you say is true, that means TSA can require you to show your vaccine card every time you fly.

Furthermore, the CDC doesn’t keep vaccination records of anyone, so what database can they (federal agencies) check against besides calling the pharmacy, clinic, or hospital that you received your vaccine from?
It's likely that the TSA could do that if the federal government wanted to, but as you noted from the quote above the government has chosen not to mandate vaccines in most situations. Assuming that statement is correct, the main thing the DOJ is asserting is just that Florida doesn't have the power to regulate cruise lines in this way because the regulation of foreign commerce is a power reserved exclusively for the federal government. This frees the cruise industry (which are also private businesses) up to decide which path to the resumption of cruising--vaccines required or not--they want to use. (Which is still not mandating that "every American" get a vaccine credential--just those that want to cruise with lines that mandate it.)

I expect that the CDC card will be accepted by cruise lines despite the risk of fraud, although I think many countries (especially in Europe) will be more rigorous about requiring a verifiable credential, which might be a challenge for residents of some states.

No way. Disney can’t/wouldn’t require fully vaccinated ships anyway since a large part of the ship is children.
As of today children 12 and up are cleared to be vaccinated. At the pace they are going approving younger and younger people, I think it is highly likely that by the time cruises resume, everyone will be cleared to get a vaccine. So I'd say the chances are very good Disney could require everyone on board to be vaccinated by then.

As of today children 12 and up are cleared to be vaccinated. At the pace they are going approving younger and younger people, I think it is highly likely that by the time cruises resume, everyone will be cleared to get a vaccine. So I'd say the chances are very good Disney could require everyone on board to be vaccinated by then.
I hope DCL does require vaccines, but once they are available to every age group, then I will admit the opposite scenario is also true. Once anyone can get it, then it may not longer matter who does or doesn't.

I guess it depends on your perspective...I want my family protected. Today that means if I were going on a cruise, I would want everyone else to be vaccinated since my kids are too young. Once my kids are vaccinated, I suppose I will have to decide if being around unvaccinated people pose any risk to us. Today that seems like it won't but who knows about new variants in the future.

If other people's vaccination status has no bearing on my health, then it may no longer matter. You don't want a vaccine? OK. But my family is protected.

Requiring a vaccine on a cruise in no way is mandating every American to get a vaccine. You know that, though.

Obviously the lack of a national infrastructure around vaccine records is a near insurmountable problem in doing this. The best guess is Disney and other cruise lines are going to require you to prove you're vaccinated in some way by uploading records like your vaccination card and signing legal affidavits. If it's found out after the fact you forged those records and lied on your affidavit, you face some serious consequences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter