will CM's really care if a 9yo and 12yo "trade"?

eandesmom

I'm with Beast
My 9 year old eats far more than the 12 yo who, if allowed will always order from the kids menu depending on the age restrictions. If the kids trade items, once the food is at the table, is anyone really going to make a fuss over it? We are paying for what is required by age but just curious if I should not allow table trades for the 3 times we have to deal with the actual kids menu (all our other TS ADR's are for buffets which eliminates the problem).

TIA

My 12 and 9 year old did it a couple of times on our Sept 08 trip. Never had a problem. :thumbsup2 .

out of curiosity, even if tips were included (which they are at Hoop De Doo) how would that make a difference? We are a party of 6 so we get dinged everytime no matter what.

Speaking of though..as a party of six, given that they add the 18% on, do they add it on, based on the cost of the dining plan (39.99 per adult etc) or on the actual price of the dinner?

They don't care if you trade. What they care about is that you use an adult credit to pay for the adult meal and the child credit to pay for the child meal. Once you use the proper credit for payment it doesn't matter who eats the meal.

All tipping questions should be addressed to the Tipping Info Thread at

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1870320

But the answer is that tips are calculated on the actual menu price of the meal, not on the cost of the dining plan. For further discussion of tips, please see the tipping thread.

This may have been discussed before, but...
We are traveling with a grand gathering and my niece will have just turned 10 and is classified as an adult. Will she have to eat off of the adult menu or will they allow her to eat off of a childs menu? She will be on the dining plan, so they will be making money off of that (she is paying more for the less expensive items). I was specifically thinking about the Princess Storybook dinner. Will they bring her a childs option if they ask? They won't be eating with anyother kids, so according to the reservation it will be 3 adults.

Last year when my 33-yr-old friend was with us, she ordered kids' menu items more than once. They brought her a plate of chicken nuggets and fries once, and she had the cheese ravioli at Akershus during our Princess lunch.

This is the same woman who ordered chicken nuggets on a cruise a few years back on formal night, because she didn't want filet, quail, or lobster.

She took a little ribbing about it at WDW from a couple of the servers, but it was all goodnatured and in the end they brought her what she wanted.

I don't expect the servers would say anything if your barely-'adult' aged family member ordered similarly.

I don't think that would be a problem at all. During our trip last August, my cousin and I both ordered the fruit for desert, which was on the kids menu, quite a few times, as it was the only desert option that didn't have sugar added to it, and it was never an issue.

DS ate my meal at the Coral Reef in December. They changed their menu and there was nothing I liked. I ordered what he wanted from the adult menu and used his TS credit for my 2 y/o who didn't have a meal plan.

So--my 9 y/o ate my adult meal, and my 2 y/o ate a kid's meal--The waiter could have cared-a-less. It doesn't impact anything. He placed the plates in front of us and we switched them around.

PS--I ordered an appetizer and paid for it OOP, then ate the dessert that came with my/DS's meal.

Thanks for asking this question - I wouldn't have thought about it otherwise, and now that you mention it, that will make my ds9 much happier, because dd12 loves kids menu items!

:goodvibes

that's exactly our situation. DSD 12 would eat from the kids menu entirely if she could and the servings are often too small for DS9 and he gets bored with the kids menu's pretty fast. While he'll only have them for 3 days, they are basically the same menu in most places and I can picture the begging for something off of the big menu now...

lol.

that's exactly our situation. DSD 12 would eat from the kids menu entirely if she could and the servings are often too small for DS9 and he gets bored with the kids menu's pretty fast. While he'll only have them for 3 days, they are basically the same menu in most places and I can picture the begging for something off of the big menu now...

lol.

We were pleasantly surprised on our last WDW trip that the kid menus are NOT basically all the same. Each TS restaurant has a kid menu themed to the restaurant with an entree, vege, fruit, etc. Way more food than this MOM could eat (I ordered off the kid menu once). For instance, at 50s Prime Time, it was a chicken breast, pasta with sauce, green beans, fresh fruit cocktail, and yogurt. At Coral Reef it was white fish with all sorts of stuff. I ordered off the adult menu at Coral Reef and ended up wishing I'd used the kid menu!

I think it really depends on the CM you get and how 'strict' with the rules are.

Last March when I went I had to pay for my 9 month old and my 2.5 year old at the buffets because I gave them a plate. When I called GR after we got home (DH paid everything and I didn't look at the receipts until we got home) I was informed if we wanted the kids under 3 free they would have to sit in my lap and eat off my plate or I could take food off my plate and place it on the table for them to eat... but if there was a plate for the LO involved we had to pay.

So I think some CM are strict rule players and some aren't. Depends who you get.

Last year when my 33-yr-old friend was with us, she ordered kids' menu items more than once. They brought her a plate of chicken nuggets and fries once, and she had the cheese ravioli at Akershus during our Princess lunch.

This is the same woman who ordered chicken nuggets on a cruise a few years back on formal night, because she didn't want filet, quail, or lobster.

She took a little ribbing about it at WDW from a couple of the servers, but it was all goodnatured and in the end they brought her what she wanted.

I don't expect the servers would say anything if your barely-'adult' aged family member ordered similarly.

You would think they wouldn't care, as Disney is actually making more money when you pay for an adult plan, but order a child's plate, but the waitress would not let our 10 year old order a child's meal at Le Cellier and we had to pay out of pocket for it. I'm sure it depends on the server.

I think it really depends on the CM you get and how 'strict' with the rules are.

Last March when I went I had to pay for my 9 month old and my 2.5 year old at the buffets because I gave them a plate. When I called GR after we got home (DH paid everything and I didn't look at the receipts until we got home) I was informed if we wanted the kids under 3 free they would have to sit in my lap and eat off my plate or I could take food off my plate and place it on the table for them to eat... but if there was a plate for the LO involved we had to pay.

So I think some CM are strict rule players and some aren't. Depends who you get.

That is HORRIBLE! We have eaten at lots of buffets with our 4 children and have almost always had at least one child under 3 and sometimes 2. They always have their own seats (although they don't always sit in them :sad2: ) and always have their own plates (yuck for the table idea :sick: ) and we have NEVER had to pay for them. Often the Server offers to bring them a drink as well. We usually don't want it, but have ordered milk for the under 3 child fully expecting to pay for it, but I don't think we've ever even been charged for it :confused3

I'm sorry you had such a crazy experience!`

There was that... they charged us an Adult CS meal when we ordered a kids meal and asked them to charge it to our room. We spent at LEAST an hour at Cosmic Ray's trying to fix that only to find out on the last day (when we didn't have enough meals left) that they HADN'T fixed. After another HOUR or argueing with the ASMo manager they said I would need to call Cosmic Rays.

When I called GR I asked them if they were suggesting I feed my kids as though they were dogs while at Disney (making them eat off the table). They eventually credited us the meals..... but they said it should in no way indicate that the charge was invalid and now that I understood the rules I should try to follow them.

So when we went back in April ~ I lied and said my 2.5 year old was 3 and bought her a meal plan. We ended up with about 15 extra meals left over b/c they didn't charge us for her that trip.... except when she ordered off the menu of course.

So as I said... depends on the CM you get and how much of an EXACT rule follower they are.

I don't think that would be a problem at all. During our trip last August, my cousin and I both ordered the fruit for desert, which was on the kids menu, quite a few times, as it was the only desert option that didn't have sugar added to it, and it was never an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter