Will aircards work on ship?

You need to pay for any internet connection on board. The Magic is equiped with WIFI in all staterooms and all over the ship.

There is cellular phone service available on the ships through many carriers, but I'm not sure if it supports the air card technology. Even if it does, on-ship cellular service is very pricey (AT&T runs $2.49 per minute, for example) and you would be much better off purchasing one of the WiFi plans available through DCL. Pay-as-you go WiFi or Internet cafe use is 75 cents per minute and buying in bulk can get you down as low as 30 cents per minute. It's all tied into a satellite service, however, so be prepared for slow, laggy service that can suffer from outages lasting up to a few hours if the satellites are out of position.

if it work I would not use it. I have a Verizon air card and they it was $5 for 1mb in Mexico and $20 for 1mb for Virgin island, cayman island, and st martian.

Be very careful...air cards will probably work but be very expensive. We just had two separate situations at work where people used them roaming outside the US and just a couple of days cost $4,000 for each of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter