• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

wilderness lodge

rngrblu9

Mouseketeer
hi all. we will be staying at the villas at wilderness lodge for the first time in february. anyone care to tell me about it like most favorite or least favorite things about it. any pros or cons. thanks for sharing!!!

Don't forget to look up. The lobby area is beautiful and my kids love to go to the very top balconies overlooking the front desk area. Take the time to sit in a rocking chair and relax in front of the fireplace. Put a quarter in the duck food machine and feed the fish from the ferry dock {you will be amazed by the size and the number of bluegills that will come up to feed}. Eat at the Whispering Canyon for dinner and always ask for ketchup. Have fun! The only con is that the Roaring Forks is not 24/7 so if you're an early riser you will have to wait until 6am to get coffee.

You will love the lodge! It is so beautiful and relaxing. There are 3 hot tubs, 2 by the main pool & 1 by the quiet pool. The boats are fun to ride. 2 boats, large one (don't need to fold strollers) goes WL/FW/MK (any order), the small one (must fold stroller) goes WL/CR/FW (any order).

Be sure to go to Trails End at FW for a great meal. It's very inexpensive, and the foods great. It does not take PS's.

Check out the WL faq part 4. Lots of great info on the first couple of pages.

Enjoy!

Take the WL tour if it is done while you are there. They have it on certain days around 9:30 in the morning. Ranger Stan usually does it. He does a fantastic job.

if your not huge eaters for breakfast go to teh gift shop and buy a bag of bagels or bread then toast it yourself in the snack bar... saves you alot of money 1st day we paid like 2.50 for 2 slices of bread and then bought a bag of bagels for 3.00 next day......

We love the theming, especially at Christmas. The villas are quiet, kids and parents always get a great nights sleep. The lobby of the villas have checker tables and other games which the kids love, take a book and relax. Of course, you are right there by the lodge, so much to see. Bus stop is convenient.
:smooth:

You can also walk the nature trail a little over a mile to the petting zoo at FW. It is not lighted but it is an easy walk and in the mornings you may even see deer, I have even seen a couple of turkeys and some raccoons. Also look for the ducks and their babies taking a morning swim in the pool..........you will love the lodge!

We absolutely loved WL on our trip this past July. I now wish I had taken more time to enjoy our balcony and to poke arround the lodge a bit more.

The only negative aspect at all that I found was the "question desk" (not sure what they called it) was opten either not staffed or only by 1 very harried CM. We found the best way was to call the front desk from the room with questions.

The marina is another great place to check out. We rented a water mice for a couple hours and had a great time.

We loved taking the resort launch to the contemporary and walking on the path to the MK. The boat directly to MK is shared with Ft wilderness and is not nearly as cute as the boat to the contemporary. Also on the way home, it is great to just walk out and down the path to the contemporary instead of waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter