Wilderness Lodge pool closure - late August

tuckerkeys

official cookie taster
Hi all

for those of you staying at the lodge & have not yet read this info on the WL info thread, the pool is scheduled to be closed late August. Information regarding this has been all over the place, however, I am staying club level & took it upon myself to email the cl staff to ask directly about the pool. Here is what i was told via email :

Good Afternoon,

The pool at The Wilderness Lodge will be closing for construction in
late August. The exact dates have yet to be announced. The quiet pool
will still be available for use. If you would like to inquire about
other resorts, Disney Reservations (407-934-7639) would be happy to
assist.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Have a magical day!

Happy Trails,
Lina

Hi all

for those of you staying at the lodge & have not yet read this info on the WL info thread, the pool is scheduled to be closed late August. Information regarding this has been all over the place, however, I am staying club level & took it upon myself to email the cl staff to ask directly about the pool. Here is what i was told via email :

Good Afternoon,

The pool at The Wilderness Lodge will be closing for construction in
late August. The exact dates have yet to be announced. The quiet pool
will still be available for use. If you would like to inquire about
other resorts, Disney Reservations (407-934-7639) would be happy to
assist.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Have a magical day!

Happy Trails,
Lina

Thanks for the information. Currently we are VWL for Aug 22-25--we were thinking of switching to YC since we are considering Villians Unleashed at DHS on Aug 23. This makes our decision easier.

Any idea how long it will be closed? Also, where is the quiet pool?
Thank you!

Any idea how long it will be closed? Also, where is the quiet pool?
Thank you!

There is no clear information on how long it will be closed, exact start dates, or what exactly is being done.

The Hidden Springs pool is located South of the South wing, in the courtyard by the Villas at WL. From the main pool, it is a relatively short walk around the end of the South wing. While this pool is smaller and does not have a slide, it is available for all WL guests to use and has hidden water jets (or "springs") that make it unique.

I wonder what they will do. It would be nice if they could enlarge it and make it zero entry.

Tough with this pool and the Poly pool down. That only leave the CR & GF in the MK area with open feature pools.

I wonder what they will do. It would be nice if they could enlarge it and make it zero entry.

Tough with this pool and the Poly pool down. That only leave the CR & GF in the MK area with open feature pools.

All the more reason this boggles my mind. Why not wait until the colder weather times. I mean, August\Sept.? Really? Some the hottest times and all those pools being closed? Good grief. :(

We booked WL instead of the Poly in August due to all of the construction at the Poly. Now the WL is shutting down their pool.:confused3 This is ridiculous at this point. Nice of Disney to wait until the last minute to announce this. The fact that they are not releasing the closure date is even more grating. August is such an intelligent time of year to shut down the pool. Guess we'll have to look into switching to another resort. Yay!

Wow we were going back and firth on whether to switch from pop to wl for 2 nigjts end aug. We really want to try wl, glad we are
Saving the money. End aug/sept is peak pool season. Wonder now if the water parks will be more crowded ??

Just spoke to a CM, says no such information is available in the system... SO, rumor?

Other lodge thread says closed after 7pm each night to change kids pool to splash zone

So the CM I spoke with had nothing in her system on any refurbishment of the WL pool, but she called the WL and the word from there is that the pool is scheduled for a refurb, with no firm dates yet known. The CM did feel like the late Aug-Sept time frame would make sense, as Disney's attendance is the lowest then, but she did not feel any refurbishment would go on past Sept, early Oct. But just her opinion.

We booked WL instead of the Poly in August due to all of the construction at the Poly. Now the WL is shutting down their pool.:confused3 This is ridiculous at this point. Nice of Disney to wait until the last minute to announce this. The fact that they are not releasing the closure date is even more grating. August is such an intelligent time of year to shut down the pool. Guess we'll have to look into switching to another resort. Yay!

The construction at the Poly is the reason I talked DD into WL for her vacation with her siblings.

If true it is a bummer.....but for us it just means my nap is on the beach or in the room. It'll just mean we rent a boat and go out on Bay Lake. We're not gonna let this change our plans, resort included. Yes we don't have kids which makes it less of an issue for us. However I do agree it's a curious time of year, on one level, but that time of the year is one of the slowest times of year...... But then you run free dining to fill the place

Doug :goofy:

They just refurbed the rooms and hotel so it would make sense to refurb the pool. It would be awesome if they put a lazy river in or something like that...

i was there monday and was told the pool is closing in september and the waterfall will be done around then (hoping sooner)

Pool is scheduled for refurb until 11/27 starting immediately after Labor Day. There is a whole other thread about this and the alternatives

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter