Wilderness Lodge Parking Question.

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
We plan on hitting the breakfast buffet at Whispering Canyon and someone here mentioned that driving from elsewhere we'd have to park far away and take a shuttle to the actual resort building. Is this true, and if you were coming from Dolphin for the breakfast and planned to tour MK that morning, would you drive or take the bus?

Thanks,
Bill From PA

I'd hope not. :( Personally, I always drive especially to PS's!

We found, if you had a PS or even if you didnt, if you explain your intentions to the person at the gate, they'll issue you with a temporary parking pass and/or give you instruction to follow.

Dolphin to WL? If MK was on the cards, I'd cab up to WL, have breakfast and then WL boat over to the MK, MK day then regular Dolphin transport back.

Another way is to get to Epcot, Monorail to TTC, Monorail or ferry to MK, transfer to WL boat, Breakfast, WL boat back to MK, MK day, regular Dolphin transport from MK.

If worse comes to worse, go to Downtown, transfer to WL bus, breakfast, WL boat to MK, MK day then regular Dolphins transport back.

Actually, I think this sounds more like the instructions for FW. You have to get on a bus there I believe.

At WL, you'll have no problems, the car lot isn't very far to walk to the front entrance (assuming you can get a good spot of course) and the WCC.

the only thing I would like to add is I don't believe there is seperate parking far away that requires a shuttle at the lodge, the parking is very convienent to the resort. However, if you drive there may be a limit on how long you can park there so, if you are doing the mk afterwards you may want to just drive to the ttc (is there parking there) or the mk then take the boat from the mk to wl or a bus. When we were there a bus ran from epcot to wl, so another way may be to walk through epcot, get a bus if it is available to wl.

You can take the bus to the MK and then walk down to the dock and catch the boat back to the WL. We have taken the trip in less than 45 minutes. It is about a 20 minute bus ride to the Mk and the boat ride is 10-15 minutes if I remember correctly.
Then take the boat to the MK and the bus back to the S&D.

ralphd:D :D :D

If you are driving your car. t is a short walk from the Parking Lot of Wilderness Lodge to the Lodge where Whispering Canyon is.

Whispering Canyon is a sit down place, where they do have an all you can eat skillet meal.

It is a short car trip from your hotel to the Lodge.

When you say Breakfast Buffet, are you sure you are not referring to the meal at the Campground. That could be a different story. I have not been to Fort Wilderness camp ground, only been to the Wilderness Lodge.

:D

I think I'd drive to the TTC and park there. Hop the Fort Wilderness/ Wilderness Lodge bus to your breakfast. After breakfast, take the boat to the MK. When you're finished there hop the monorail or ferry back to your car at the TTC.

Thanks for all the great advice, I'm really glad I asked. We've penciled this in for this Sat. morning and now we're prepared.

Bill From PA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter