Wilderness Lodge - Kitchen supplies?

LooneyIAm

Earning My Ears
I returned last week from a wonderful week at the Wilderness Lodge. It was the first time I was there and I can't wait to return - everything was just perfect! We had a 1-bedroom villa - the utensils were spotless and there was just about everything there you could want, except.........not one frying pan or pot. I didn't intend to do any major cooking, but I did buy eggs and hash browns at Winn-Dixie. Well, the eggs ended up cooked in the microwave and you either got an omelette or an omellete - no fried eggs for us. The hash browns we couldn't use at all, since they needed to be fried. It wasn't a big deal, but the funny thing was they included a spatula and all sorts of utensils. The most interesting thing they had there was a cheese grater! So what am I grating cheese on? I can't cook spaghetti without a pot. I am not a vacation club member, so I just booked it as a resort guest, I guess I should have done a little more research. But that was the only thing that I could find that was the slightest bit disappointing and that was certainly not a big deal, in fact it was kind of funny!

The pots and pans are in the drawer underneatch the oven. We had to call and ask our first trip because I couldn't find them either - and the lady at the front desk said we weren't the first to ask!

Originally posted by LooneyIAm
I am not a vacation club member, so I just booked it as a resort guest, I guess I should have done a little more research. But that was the only thing that I could find that was the slightest bit disappointing and that was certainly not a big deal, in fact it was kind of funny!

Im sorry you made it all the way home without finding this out!! But you did get a laugh out of me with the cheese grater comment! :p

And even if the frying pan and pot(s) WERE missing, you can call Mousekeeping and tell them that. They will deliver what you need. I know that some of the DVC properties have a list of 'stocked' kitchen items, posted (?perhaps inside one of the cabinet doors), so you know what should be there. --- just can't recall if VWL does this. Or, when in doubt, just pick up the phone and call. What a shame that you couldn't enjoy a great breakfast in your room. Other than that, hope you had a spectacular trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter