Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness Transportation Update

Originally posted by miclcon
OK - So how do I get from Ft. Wilderness to the Polly for Dinner? Do I have to go all the way MK first? How about if I want to get the TTC to take the monorail to Epcot? What then?

You can also get to the MK monorail loop by boating over to the Contemporary.

Originally posted by MAGICinMYHEART
By George you've almost got it. ::yes:: The Resort Monorail will take you to the EPCOT Station at TTC you then have to get off the Resort Monorail and Transfer to the EPCOT Monorail. I think that is what you ment but just wanted to be sure everyone knows that the Resort Monorail, Express Monorail and EPCOT Monorail all load and unload in different areas.
Yep, that's what I was thinking. By golly I think I've got it, LOL. :crazy:

Originally posted by Goofy4
Are you refering only to the MK/Monorail resorts? How would one go from the Polynessian to the Boardwalk (we have family staying at each), or Boardwalk to MK?

Goofy4

You will have two options the first is if the Parks are still open go to the bus stop you want to vist and ride that resorts bus to your destination.

The other option and it is time consuming is to catch a bus from your Resort (Poly) to DTD then transfer to the Resort Bus you are visiting (Boardwalk) You will also have to do the same for your return trip...if any of the Parks are open it is quicker to take the bus/monorail/boat to the park that is still open, then transfer to the other resort bus.

Originally posted by n2mm
So are the crockett and boone buses gone? Is there still direct buses to WL after HDD 9:30 show?

The Boone and the Crockett have been gone for 3 years.

There are direct buses to all Disney resorts after each Hoop Dee Doo Revue. There is always a bus to Wilderness Lodge from the Settlement Depot.

Originally posted by Majestic
Can you tell us what we would do to get to a resort from WL now? As in, how will we catch a bus direct to Animal Kingdom Lodge for breakfast at Boma? Will we have to go to MK or DTD first then go from there? Not sure I like that either.

That process has not changed. You will still need to go to a theme park, and switch there. Your best bet for a breakfast at Boma is to board the Animal Kingdom bus, and let the driver know you are going to AK Lodge. If the driver can, they will take you directly. Otherwise, they will point out the AKL load zone at DAK, for the quick ride to AKL.

Originally posted by DisOrBust
ok I thought I had it all down pat... We have an 08:00 Cindy's...are you telling me I may have the option of taking a bus directlyat 7 am vs the boatt o the contemporary then the monorail?? Do we know how early the bus is going to be running???

TIA!
Sue

The memo I got did not say how early, however, my guess is that the bus will start around 7:00am for Character Breakfasts.

Originally posted by Goofy4
Are you refering only to the MK/Monorail resorts? How would one go from the Polynessian to the Boardwalk (we have family staying at each), or Boardwalk to MK?

The process has not changed. Prior to this, the only bus at the TTC was the WL/FW.

You will still need to go to a hub (theme park or Downtown Disney) and transfer. Magic Kingdom, Studios, or Downtown Disney (in that order) would make good transfer points.

Originally posted by spiceycat
there was a time when the boat stopped at 10:00pm - so for E-nights (which closed at 1:00am) it was necessary to the monrail - bus route.

I now always ask the boat driver when the boat stops.

Boat Schedule:

Blue Flag (FW/CR/WL) -> 6:45am-10:00pm
Gold Flag (Poly/GF/MK) -> 8:30am-MK close
Red/Green Combo (MK/FW/WL till 3pm, then MK/WL/FW) -> 8:30am-45 minutes after MK close
Ferryboat (TTC/MK) -> 8:30am-45 minutes MK close.

MK Close is defined as whatever time the Magic Kingdom closes for either General Admission or Halloween/Christmas party. E-ride does not count.

Originally posted by spiceycat
so for the E-nights or MVMCP - when the parks closes instead of catching the monrail then getting on the bus at the TTC - now we just go get on a bus?

Correct. Boats generally do not run for E-ride, but the bus will run. Boats DO however run for the special events like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, so you have the option of the bus or the boat.

Originally posted by miclcon
OK - So how do I get from Ft. Wilderness to the Polly for Dinner? Do I have to go all the way MK first? How about if I want to get the TTC to take the monorail to Epcot? What then?

You must take the boat to the Magic Kingdom, and then the boat/monorail to the Polynesian. Or, you could take the bus to the Wilderness Lodge, and then the bus to the Magic Kingdom.

Tyler

Glad your back home now...I want to verify this with you..from the Magic Kingdom to go to another Park...don't you have to go to TTC Bus area to get catch a bus to AK or MGM or the Water Parks DTD? (monorail to EPCOT) Other then the Monorails what transportation services are available at TTC now?

I know that the non-Disney busses park there during the day.

Thanks.

From the Magic Kingdom, you need to take the Monorail or Ferryboat to the TTC to catch the Monorail to Epcot, or the bus to the Disney-MGM Studios or Disney's Animal Kingdom.

There are no buses to any water park or Downtown Disney from the TTC.

The only reason the park-to-park buses are at the TTC instead of the Magic Kingdom itself is because of the MK Parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter