Wilderness lodge? Ecv on boat to mk?

zumbergc

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about staying at the wilderness lodge, I use an Ecv.

Do these smaller boats accommodate ecvs.
I thought at one point that sometimes the Ecv can't use the boat because of water level..
Anyone know how many Ecv fit Ina boat at a time?

Thanks

Wilderness Lodge is curently served by 2 kinds of boats, small boats that are not accessible because they require a step down and larger boats that some call Motor Cruisers. They alternate trips and both stop At the same docks - the docks are labeled "Motor Launches".

Motor Cruisers are large boats that go to and from resorts at MK are usually accessible, but may not be if the water level is very high or very low (which doesn't happen often).
Boat captains have some interesting ways to overcome this if the difference is not too large. We have been on boats where all the other passengers were unloaded first; the almost empty boat floated higher in the water. That made the distance close enough that a small portable ramp could be used to get off the boat.

If there is too much difference in water level between the dock and boat, wheelchairs and ECVs can't be driven on. They do provide alternate ways to get the the parks if this happens, usually extra buses.

There are no specific ECV or wheelchair spaces on the boats, so no set number of how many can fit.

A couple of times the captain of the Motor Cruisers asked everyone on the boat to move to the same side to help level it to load my ECV.

The WL is served by two types of boat. The Motor Cruiser which is a larger vessel capable of taking on two ECVs. And a Motor Launch which is the smaller open aired vessel.

The Motor Cruiser usually has a slight height issue between the dock and the boat, but this can usually be fixed by shifting the weight of the passengers on board. Or through a good push. The height difference is caused entirely by the weight of the boat. Like I said it can hold two ECVs, both of which go in front of where the captain drives from. There are two blue lines by each of the doors, and the ECVs go between the ones in front. The trick is to take it as slow as possible and listen to directions. This is where it pays to practice a lot with it.

There are no portable ramps, so if the height difference is too much it often takes a good push to get the ECV on or off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter