Wii Dance Dance Revolution

fivefordisney

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have advice on this? We want to get it for DD soon-to-be-12 for her upcoming bday... But, we have heard conflicting reports about whether it's fun or not. Some people say it's not fun because you have to use the Wiimote and nunchucks while you're dancing and that they miss the fast techno music. Others say the Wii version has better music...

Does anyone own this game? What do you think? Are you able to turn off the wiimote/nunchuck feature?

My DD loved playing this game in gym class (yes, I know, can you believe they do that?) and we thought it might be a great way to get some exercise.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance!!!!

I searched high and low to find this for DD last Christmas because she was a huge fan of DDR on xBox. I found it and was very excited to see how much she was going to love it.

But I think she played with it once. She said it was "annoying" and she also hated having to use the Wii-mote and the nunchuck (and I honestly don't know if you can turn that part off). The music isn't great and now it's sitting in a lump, in my way, in my living room.

I don't know why it wasn't as much fun as the others that she's played by she simply didn't like it :confused:

Good morning! I LOVE DDR!!! I do turn off the hands. It's very easy. When you get to the "wheel" where you are picking your song, there are also choices for "random" and "options." Choose "options" and the very first one is "hand motions." Click on it and then choose "player 1" and set to off.

I'm an old lady so it is enough of a challenge for me to keep up with the feet!!! Yesterday, DS and I worked to get every song to an A on basic so I guess it's time to kick it up a notch!

Have fun!!!

We got this for my kids for x-mas and they have played with it about two or three times. Supposedly they love it, but I don't see them playing with it. Neither do I see the HSM getting played with either.

My kids got Dance Dance Revolution for Xmas too.

They love it. :cool1:

The only thing I do not like about it is the pounding on the floor while they are dancing. We have wood floors and it sounds like a a herd of elephants if they have shoes on...lol. I fixed that by moving the Wii down the the rec room in our finished basement.

They do get quite a workout when they are playing it. Good purchase for us.

We bought it for our now 12 yo dd for Christmas, but I play it more than she does. We do turn off the nunchuk feature and I consider it my daily exercise. I've lost 12 pounds since the first of the year.

My kids also got this for Christmas and love it. My dd15 and her friends love to hook a couple of mats up and dance. Even my ds11 likes it.

We got DDR the same day we got our Wii. The girls, 9 and 11, LOVE it! Especially the 11 year old. She actually gets up and moves!

Does anyone know if they are making a Disney channel/songs version of it? I know they have it for the PS2.

for DD 9 for her birthday. She and her friends love to play it - I do too, but I am not that coordinated, so I never score higher than a "C"!!:sad2:

Two thumbs up for DDR!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!