WIFI at VWL?

slimplaw

DIS Veteran
I've stayed at VWL before and used the cable to hook up to my computer. A friend will be traveling with me in Dec. and wants to take her IPAD. Do the rooms at VWL have WIFI?

Nope, all Disney resorts are wired for Internet, if you want WIFI you have to bring a router and set it up yourself.

So is this still the case? Is there WiFi now? I read something about it getting added to the resorts.

I'm here and using it right now. Have been for the last 9 days. NO problems with it at all. Works great!

Im new to this so I'm sorry in advance. Is it included or is there a daily rate? Ill be there for a week in June:-) Thanks

It is currently free to everyone and is in all WDW DVC resorts (and others). The new Wifi has gotten mixed reviews with some reporting it is fine and others that it is really slow and that they had times where the signal became non-existent. Thus, the indication is that where your room is in a resort may make a big difference and Disney may have gone cheap on access points and signal strength. As a result, since there is still also wired access in rooms, you might want to bring your own wirless router (like a D-Link or Apple AirPort Express) to hook-up to the wired system.

Was very surprised that people have had good luck with it at the lodge as we had a terrible time with it.Could rarely get a signal and when we did it would fail almost immediately.I believe like the previous poster that it has to do with location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter