wicket2005 - Day 10 - 25/07/05

wicket2005

<font color=deeppink><marquee behavior=alternate>H
Wicket2005 – Day 10 – 25th July 2005

Magic Kingdom, Florida Mall, Sea World

The clan – me, hubbie and sons 16 and 14

The plan today was to go to Sea World but to take advantage of non existent lines when you arrive at the parks early we decided to go to Magic Kingdom instead, which is exactly where we headed for after our Ponderosa breakfast.

Instead of going anticlockwise we decided to go clockwise for a change and went straight for Space Mountain. One journey into space later we headed over to Stitch’s Great Escape. Now I didn’t really think that much of Alien Encounter but the youngest fancied a go on this ride/show so we thought we would give it a blast.

I know a lot of people here hated it but I thought it was quite a canny little show. The seats are a bit uncomfortable and you have to be sitting right when the harnesses are lowered down, but the kids loved it and anything the kids like is ok by us. For the rest of the holidays the kids were quite Stitch’s fans.

Nipped over to Buzz Lightyear next and again I get the lowest score. It is a good job I am not competitive. After Buzz we went over to Frontierland and grabbed a fast pass for Splash whilst we had a ride on the Big Thunder Rocky Railroad and a trip over to Tom Sawyer’s island, a lot better than standing in line.

DS16 and hubbie had a game of draughts in the fort whilst DS14 explored the fort. He hesitated under one door way, looking up. When he rejoined us he said he had seen the biggest spider ever. I went to have a look and right up above the door, in its own web, was about a 3 inch bright orange spider. Quite the biggest wild spider I had ever seen. After this sighting I cautiously looked around everywhere we went for more meaty specimens.

At Auntie Polly’s we all had drinks whilst DH had the biggest ice cream, apple pie and caramel dessert I have ever seen. He could hardly finish it and had to call DS16 in to help. Surprisingly the raft didn’t sink as we headed over to Splash for our fastpass time.

The standby time was 70 minutes by then, the water rides always seemed to be the most popular due to the heat. We walked straight on and I did feel a bit bad walking passed row upon row of people lining up for the ride. Personally I think it is crackers lining up for 70 minutes especially as a lot of the line is out in the sunshine.

Pirates was next before sampling the delights of another pineapple floater and catching the end of the Cinderella show. The princesses looked really pretty in all their dresses, the rest of the family were not too keen though. We hopped back on the ferry and left Disney.

The car was like a sauna when we returned to it and the water we had left was boiling hot, who needs a kettle? We nipped up to the Florida Mall.

This holiday I have not been into clothes shopping which is a bit strange probably something to do with my bulging cupboards at home. The kids bought some cds and DS14 bought this enormous Madagascar penguin and promptly gave me the bag to carry, whilst I was mentally assessing available luggage space for the return journey.

Back on Idrive we had a selection of subs from the Subway shop. DH makes us all laugh by answering the server by telling her it’s a chicken and bacon sub when she meant what salad do you want on the sub. The server thought it was funny too as DH couldn’t figure out why she kept asking him the same question.

We nipped back to our hotel, the Rosen Centre, for DS14 before heading over to Sea World. Sea World is only about 5 minutes drive away so it was really handy.

We saw the turtles, stingrays and baby stingrays, dolphins and a baby one before having a go on my favourite ride, The Kraken. I just love this ride. The line times were always just 10-15 minutes during our holiday which was fantastic.

After being thrown around a bit on The Kraken we caught the Seymour and Clyde show. The best bit of this show is the mime artist at the start, I also like the walrus and the otter but the rest is pretty much the same show we had seen before. It was a shame the walrus didn’t do as many tricks as the ones we saw on previous visits.

DS14 wanted to see the seals so we went over to Pacific Point. There were plenty of little lizards bathing in the sunshine around this exhibit.

Back on The Kraken followed by a ride on Journey to Atlantis. Amazingly I enjoyed the latter ride, in 2000 I wasn’t a fan of it but then again my youngest was only 9 and was scared so that probably made me a bit more wary of it. Nothing to it now and we didn’t get that wet on it.

We had a long walk over to the Shamu Rocks America show and what a fantastic show it is. I love all the music in it and the massive whale that comes round and splashes all those sitting in the splash zone. It should read soak zone! We all really enjoy this show.

When Shamu finishes we were just in time to see the Mystify firework show. DS14 had wanted to see Shamu projected on a wall of water so we made a point of watching it. It is a decent little firework show but I wouldn’t go especially to see it again.

As we leave the park my DS14 gives me and DH a rare cuddle which for me was the highlight of the day and what a lovely day it was.

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

Great report Bev - you must have posted it today, knowing I was coming home and needed something to read :rotfl:

Don't like the sound of that spider much - the one thing I was always grateful for was that I'd never seen a spider in Orlando - now you've shattered my illusions. What on Earth was a horrible spider doing at the Happiest Place on Earth :confused3

So nice that your DS's showed you a bit of affection - bet they'd kill you if they knew you'd told people though :rotfl2:

great report, i agree with you about the harnesses on stitch! i was never comfortable i always seemed to sit wrongly :blush:

wilma-bride said:
So nice that your DS's showed you a bit of affection - bet they'd kill you if they knew you'd told people though :rotfl2:

Too true. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter