Why won't anyone read my PTR?? A 2010 graduation ptr (with 200+ pics)

hollisterluva92

DIS Veteran
Well! It's Official! I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!​

The Cast:
Me (17) Deva (Dayva) Aka: Disney obsessed!!!!!
1f09c2e9.jpg

Alyssa (18) AKA: My best friend in the whole entire world!! Also--she's just as Disney-obsessed as I am! We would spend the whole time in computer class planning our next disney world vacation!
edcbd01b.jpg

The Plan:
March 5th-20th!!!
Animal Kingdom Villas March 5th-8th
Beach Club March 8th-12th
Grand Floridian March 12th-16th
Hard Rock Hotel March 16th-18th
Loews Royal Pacific March 18th-20th

Boy Oh Boy!! We are in for the time of our lives!!!!!!

Table of Contents:
Part 1-Who, What, When, Where, and Why
Part 2-ADR plans
Part 3-Schedule part 1
Part 4-Characters to meet
Part 5-Snack List
Part 6-Hidden Secrets

I still have 6 months left before I can book my adr's, but I still wanna have them planned for when I can.
Here's the ones that I want to do:
-Hoop De Doo Revue
-Spirit of Aloha
-Crystal Palace
-Cinderella's Royal Table
-Tony's Town Square
-The Diamond Horseshoe
-Biergarten
-Teppan Edo
-Le Cellier
-Garden Grill
-Rose & Crown
-Tokyo dining
-Akershus
-Coral Reef
-Nine Dragons
-Yak & Yeti
-Tusker House
-Mama Melrose's
-50's prime time cafe
-Sci-Fi Dine in theatre
-Islands Of Adventure Character Breakfast
-Mythos
-Confisco's
-Lombard's
-flinstone's cafe
-bubba Gumps
-Margaritaville
-Emerils
I think that's it....but i'm not positive....there's still more non-adr resturants--can you guys help me out? I just need help planning out the meals....Thanks!

Day 1 (March 5th) Arrival at WDW

-Depart at 5:45 AM from Detroit International Airport
-Arrive at Orlando International Airport at 9:55 Am
-Take DME to Animal Kingdom villas

Magic Kingdom: 2-day plan
Arrive at 8:20 for rope drop
get maps and time guide
2 options here:
a: if the entire park is already open go as fast as we can to space mountain
b: if only main street is open, get as close to the entrance to tomorrow land as possible, when it opens--go straight to space mountain
winnie the pooh
Peter pan
It's a small world
haunted mansion
stop for lunch
splash mountain
country bear jamboree
tom sawyers island
shop some & then go back to hotel for dinner and pool
--make sure to see the parade @ 3 pm
--get mickey ears
--Ariel's grotto--go early!!

Day 2:
Get there @ 8:20
buzz lightyear
splash mountain
big thunder mountain
jungle cruise--fp if needed
enchanted tiki room
swiss family treehouse
pirates of the caribbean
eat lunch
mickey's toontown fair
get snack
tta

Characters to see:
Abu--mk parade
Aladdin--adventureland
Alice--Tea cups or if not wait till 1900 park faire
Anastasia--1900 park faire or back side of castle in fantasyland
Annie (little einsteins)--MGM by the playhouse disney show
Ariel--Grotto
Aurora--toon town in princess room
Baloo--Adventureland
Beast--france at epcot
Beast as human--toon town train station
Belle--toon town in princess room
Bert--town square or outside of the confectionary by checker tables
Blue Jungle Fury Power Ranger--outside of lights, motors, action
Bolt--in animation building @ MGM
Brer Bear--exit to splash mountain or in frontierland by the shooting arcade
Brer Fox--in frontierland
Buzz Lightyear--Tomorrowland & Toy Story Mania meet n' greet w/woody
Captain Hook--by pirates of the caribbean
Prince Caspian--by Narnia attraction @ MGM
Chip--town square, anywhere--just look
Cinderella--toon town hall of fame
Daisy--town square
Dale--town square, anywhere--just look
Donald Duck--everywhere
Drizella-1900 park faire, behind castle, fairytale theatre
Eeyore--everywhere
Fairies--toon town fairy room
Fairy Godmother--behind castle or @ cinderella's royal table
Flik--in front of Animal Kingdom or by Pizzafari
FoulFellow--toon town train station
Friar Tuck--entrance to animal kingdom
Genie--Morocco
Geppetto--town square
gideon--town square
Goliath the Lion--by Playhouse Disney @ MGM
Goofy--everywhere
Green Army Men--by Toy Story Mania @ MGM
Handy Manny--by Playhouse Disney @ MGM
The Incredibles--animation building @ MGM
Jack Sparrow--in adventureland
Jasmine--adventureland
Jiminy Cricket--Town square
Jojo from Jojos Circus--by Playhouse Disney @ MGM
Jose' Carioca--epcot pavilion
June (playhouse disney)--by playhouse disney @ MGM
Kenai--in front of animal kingdom or @ camp minnie-mickey
Kim Possible--by the kim possible attraction or @ lights, motors, action
King Louie--path from Africa to Asia
Lady Tremaine--1900 park faire, behind castle, or fairytale theatre
Lightning McQueen--@ luigi's garage
Lilo--animal kingdom by island mercantile store
Mad Hatter--1900 park faire, or by teacups
Mary Poppins--England @ Epcot, 1900 park faire
Mater the Tow Truck--anywhere @ MGM
Mickey Mouse--everywhere
Mike Wazowski--monster's inc. meet n' greet near the backlot studios
Minnie Mouse--everywhere
Mr. Smee--near pirates of the caribbean
Mulan---China @ Epcot
Perla--cinderella's royal table
Peter Pan--near pirates of the caribbean w/ wendy
Piglet--everywhere
Pink mystic force power ranger--by light's, motors, action
Pinocchio--town square
Pluto--everywhere
Pocahantas--animal kingdom in conservation station
Pooh--everywhere
Prince Charming--1900 park faire
Prince Eric--Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Rafiki--conservation station, entrance to adventureland
Rhino--animation station @ MGM
Ron Stoppable--by Kim possible attraction
Snow White--Germany @ Epcot & character meals
Stitch--tomorrowland & island mercantile shop @ Animal Kingdom
Sully--monsters inc. meeting area @ MGM
Suzy--cinderellas royal table
Tigger--England @ Epcot, dinoland, and crystal palace
Timon--adventureland
Wendy--near pirates of the caribbean w/ peter pan

Dole Whip Magic Kingdom
Hot Dog from Casey's
Mickey Premium Bars
School Bread
Rice Krispie treat w/ chocolate ears
Turkey Leg
Chocolate Mousse
Kaki Gori
Popcorn
Pretzel
Chocolate Covered Banana
Churros with chocolate dipping sauce
Frozen Lemonade
Strawberry Swirl
Fries from McDonalds
Chocolate Crepe
Tinkerbell Twist
Fruit Punch Slush
Ghiradelli hot fudge sundae
Tea Slushie?
Vanilla Shake
Chocolate Chip Cookies
White Chocolate covered pretzels
Citrus Swirl
Gingerbread cookies
Rice Cream
Cappuccino Smoothie
Fudge
Cannoli's
Baklava
Chai tea smoothie
Beaver tail
Ice cream float
Orange Slush
Eggrolls

For Cinderella fans, you can see her in her crown anytime you wish. As you enter Fantasyland through the Castle archway, look for the Cinderella fountain on the left. You'll see a painting of Cinderella on the wall with the crown well above her head. Take a drink from the fountain, and at the same you are 'bowing' to the Princess Cinderella. As your head is down, instead of looking at what you're drinking, peek up at Cinderella -- she's now wearing her crown!

While visiting Tom Sawyer Island, look for the paintbrush he left behind. Turn it in to a cast member for a special prize. It’s rumored to be replaced several times a day.

Camera Shop: I love the photo gallery area in the rear of the Kodak Camera shop on Main Street USA. The wooden cut-outs of different Disney cartoons make great photo ops with your kids sticking their own heads through.
Main Street U.S.A. has all kinds of little details. There are the artists that do the silhouettes, they are $6.00 and it is a BARGAIN, you get two.
Three talking water fountains can be found in Future World, if you are facing the Dancing Fountain with Spaceship Earth behind you, there’s one located next to Mouse Gear, there is another next to the play fountain on the walkway between Future World and World Showcase, and lastly behind Innovations West near the restroom. If this isn’t enough talking oddities, look for the talking trash can in the Electric Umbrella restaurant.
Looking for a cool free beverage? Something a little different than you what you are used to? Stop in at Club Cool, located on the west side of the main fountain in the middle of Future World, be sure to try Beverly or other Coke products from around the world.
Slow down and take some time to see what Innovations has to offer, both East and West, it’s a great way to get out of the heat. Visit the World of Plastic in Innovations East for a free souvenir, and a great workout. Try the Pixography station in the Xerox area for a free picture calendar to take home. Try out Toon Tag for some fun.
As you are leaving Test Track, look for the Crash Test Dummies, pose for a picture, but beware they may not be dummies at all!
Try on the traditional Japanese garments in the department store in Japan, pose for a picture, then head upstairs to the bar for a bit of quiet and a beverage.
World Showcase Passports (approx $12 at shops/carts throughout Epcot), you can get them rubber stamped and signed in each country at the Kidcot station; they also come with a stamp for each country and a button that reads “World Showcase Traveler.”
Learn how to draw a character and bring it home at the Animation Academy.
in the Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground, go up the stairway between the slide and the garden hose. Put your hand in the BIG dog’s nostrils and he will sniff you.
When exiting the Star Tours gift shop, look across for the speeder bike. It IS okay to sit on this, great photo op!
Near the entrance to the Backlot Tour, see if the giant umbrella is still there, and pull the string to see if works to keep the rain out, or in!
Make sure to catch the awakening about 15 minutes before the park opens, as Rafiki welcomes the new day near the front entrance.

Okay! I need to order one ear hat for myself before we get there....
Here's the two I already have and will take:
sos.jpg

940011640065.jpg

And here's the options for my new one:
940011616063.jpg

400012772276S-1.jpg

940011616072.jpg

images.jpg

images.jpg

MS15481717T.jpg

So here's my plan for today:
Go to target, the dollar store, and party city....oh man....this is gonna be a long day!
but--I really need to get some stuff for my trip--mine as well start now, right? This is my list:
-Travel Size stuff
-Bag for park
-Shoes for park
-Towel
-random disney stuff from dollar store
-birthday gift for my friend
-baby shower gift for my other friend
-and whatever else looks good for my trip
I'll post pics when I get back but for now: here's some pics to keep the magic alive!
ab7eb4e2.jpg

00.jpg

000-2.jpg

0000.jpg

00000.jpg

So I'm contemplating driving down.....It's easier to bring back more souveniers, and we really want to explore a few things around orlando while we're there....so here's my car:
1ef74c9a.jpg

1ef74c9a.jpg

I calculated the miles and it's 1178.41 miles--the total cost of gas is $110.45

So since I've decided to drive down, me and alyssa have decided on a playlist of songs and some cd's--here they are:
5d95bc88.jpg

00-2.jpg

000-3.jpg

0000-2.jpg

41DW7P5239L_SL110_.jpg

Hint's and Tips for WDW--Magic Kingdom
*In Tony's Town Square walk to the back of the resturant, look out the back window for Lady & the Tramp
*In front of City Hall--sit on the bench with Goofy & see if he talks to you
sit next to roy and minnie in town square
*General Store on main street--pick up the wall-mounted telephone next to the cash register
*If there are two lines, and you can't see the loading area from where you are, take the line to the left
*Look and see what is on Walt's right finger on the mickey and Walt statue
*Pick up the phone in tomorrowland under the TTA and listen to the conversation
*Watch the afternoon parade in frontierland
*After the parade--go the opposite way--the rides will be deserted
*The golden camel shoots water randomly--stop and take a video of all the unsuspecting guests
*The big points in Buzz Lightyear's are found leaving the first room. Turn around and shoot the back of the orange robot's arm or the back of the Buzz Saw. 100,000 points! The car turns automatically away from these so if you turn back you score big
*Sit in the outer edge of the Plaza restaurant...basically look at the castle, find the wire that goes from the castle down to the restaurant rooftop on the right, and go get a seat under it. TinkerBell will fly down that wire and right over the top of your heads!
*I haven't seen this one posted, but it was fun for my kids to discover the little mice up in the rafters of the lobby of the castle. Gus and Jacques in the throne room at Cinderella’s Royal Table.
*Behind the castle is a fountain with Cinderella. If you bend down and look at the fountain, the crown on the back wall appears to crown Cinderella.
*Stand behind Cinderella’s castle during the Cinderella surprise celebration show. Peter pan and Hook have to run from the top of the castle to the stage and they use that area by Tink's treasures. It's really funny too. They will do something silly, and peter will make a comment about the chase!
*his may have already been mentioned, but if you sit on the stone ledge on the side of the castle, you will hear Stitch giggle and tell you to be quiet because he's hiding. The kids got a kick out of that when I told them to sit there for a break.
*If you see a human character, like Mary Poppins, ask them a question about their movie and they go right into character. I had Mary doing supercalifragilistic backwards! Kiss all the female "non-human hands" and watch their reaction.
*During the morning session about 15 min. before Buzz and Woody are scheduled to come out, the Army men come out in their Jeep and do a preshow. They choose 8-9 kids that were there early to line up. They had them shout their names and handed them weapons. Buzz and Woody made their appearance for a group photo with all of them.
*The characters at the Fairy Tale Favorites line at the Toontown Hall of Fame change on the hour, but the Mickey's Friends and Pooh Friends are the same all the time. Go late in the hour, come out, and jump back in line for the top the hour. Some characters might pop out from behind the Judges Tent.
*Eating lunch at The Pinocchio Village Haus and looking out of the window that overlooks the loading/unloading area inside of It's A Small World. Pinocchio's Village Haus is made up of seven themed rooms. They are named Blue Fairy, Cleo, Figaro, Jiminy Cricket, Monstro, Stromboli, and Geppetto's Workshop. Also, one of the chairs has a Mickey head in the craved into the back it.
*2nd ring in the pavement is a "fairy ring" formed by paving stones just beyond the well. This marks the spot where a huge oak tree once stood. It was removed when the fast pass machines were put in. If you stand in the middle of the fairy ring on the night of a full moon and call out "Leota" three times, she will come briefly to one of the upper windows of the mansion with her candle.
*The thatched roof material around Jungle Cruise is actually made of metal not straw (reach up and touch it)
*We found the best place to see characters was the Riverboat in Liberty Square. You can't guarantee who will be on the boat, but it usually includes either Mickey or Minnie. We went twice, and both times there were at least 7-8 characters on board. It's not well advertised, and we had a chance to see them all with little or no waiting. It was only done for part of the day.
*In Liberty Square (?Frontierland), look down at the main walkway (which is also the parade route). Instead of just plain cement, there's also and area a couple feet wide that goes all the way down the walkway and looks like a brownish/yellow gravel. In frontier times, the streets had a urine trough in them for the all of the horse urine. The gravel area represents the urine trough.
*The Lady and the Tramp paws in front Tony’s at MK
*There is a shop on Main Street that will do a silhouette of a child's profile. About $5-$7. They don't take credit cards; you could only pay cash or charge it to the room.
*Not sure if it's a "secret" or not but one of my favorite lesser-known attractions is the Expo Hall of Main Street. (a) There's a small theater that shows old Disney cartoons (like the old Main Street Cinema but in color and with seats!), a couple exhibits, some nice photo opportunities, and usually in the late morning I've seen a variety of Disney Princesses there (Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White, Mary Poppins). (b) Most characters come from the Hall to the outside for meet and greets. Every character that came through stopped to say hi or mess with us. It was air-conditioned and no lines to stand in! (c) There is a Mr. Toad ride vehicle behind a curtain in Exposition Hall!!
*Have the whole family go into the Barber Shop for a coloring job! Free of charge and painted little Mickey heads on the back of the kids heads. Barber sprinkled 'Mickey dust' on all of us.
*Be leisurely when leaving the MK. It was so nice to walk around the lands going back from BTMR to Main Street, just looking around and enjoying the empty feeling. Also, get yourself a spot in front of the castle at about 30 minutes after the park closing. You'll be treated to the "kiss goodnight" from the castle...something really cool to see.
*On one of the shelves (CMs can help you locate it), you can see Aladdin's lamp as well as other characters belongings waiting to be picked up at the train station.
*Before the Magic Kingdom opens for the day, the WDW train is perfectly centered in front of the train station for those wishing to take pictures. It is the only time during the day that this occurs.
*When you are in the waiting room of the railroad on Main Street, they have these antique Mutascopes. I thought they were just for display, but when you put a penny in, they actually work! There are 4 or 5 of them, and some of the lightbulbs were burned out so didn't work, but I know at least two of them did, and it only cost a penny to find out. The kids thought they were great. You put in a penny, start turning a crank and a short silent movie plays for you.
*Years ago, a maintenance guy (or Imagineer) named George was killed during the building of the Pirates ride. They say his ghost haunts the ride to this day. The workers have to say "goodnight George" before they shut down the ride each night, or there will be problems with the ride the next day. My 12-year old asked the attendant while we were boarding the boat if he said goodnight to George. He said of course! We don't want the ride to break down! The thread also said that if you yell out George 3 times during the fire scene, something "may" happen. The kids had a blast with this and yelled out even though people were looking at us!
*Ask to ride in the pilot house and receive official riverboat pilots certificates.
*The opening of the top cave of Splash Mountain (the one you exit as you take the final plunge) is a hidden Mickey. It is noticeable from inside the cave and outside. It is profile shaped, not the traditional mouse and ears.
*here is a bridge outside the ride, right in front of the big drop. For every third log boat that hits bottom for the big drop, there is a water cannon that shoots up an extra bit of water and sprays the bridge, soaking everyone who happens to be standing there watching!
*If you want to wake Tink, go DIRECTLY to the store as soon as the park opens. The store is right behind the castle. My DD walked in and went up to the first CM we saw and asked, "Could I please wake up Tink this morning?" Being the first one in there, she was allowed to do so. They had her stand on a little stool, gave her a wand, and her tap the treasure box three times saying loudly, "Wake up Tink." As she did this, the lights and music started to play. They presented her with a certificate that said something along the line of "Had a Magical Moment." If you go into the store and hear the music, you know she has already been waked up. If it is quiet she is still sleeping
*Tom Sawyer’s Island—Be the first to find the six hidden paintbrushes!
*When you go to Minnie's house, make sure you turn all of the knobs in the kitchen. Hear the popcorn pop, etc.
*Don't miss the scarecrow in Goofy's garden or the bell pepper "clappers" he is growing or the summer squash (some 'er not). Early in the morning you can hear all kinds of fun great sounds--farm animals, crop dusting engines etc., a countryside theme, a farm area. Where else would you expect to find the farmers’ market? This is the Florida countryside. When you go inside the farmers market, you'll see crates and bags of Florida citrus product.
*If you go to Mickeys Toon Town entrance near the tea cups just before it opens at 10 a.m., you'll get an escort by several Disney characters to take you in.

We all get Disney obsessed around here. I've been planning our trip in Dec. since January! You keep on planning and have fun. The closer it gets the more excited you will get. Good luck with school this year. You are only young once!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter