• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why is Fultons 2 Meal Credits for Kids?

jmw33

Mouseketeer
Just got back from the World a few days ago. We had dinner at Fulton's and everyone really enjoyed their meal. I can totally understand why this restaurant charges 2 TS meals for Adults. My problem is with the kids. I know the rule is that you have to order off the Kid's menu if they have one, which we did. My DS5 got an $8.00 hot dog. I was charged two credits for him. I ordered a side of Macaroni and Cheese for my DS2 and was charged an additional $8.00 since he is under 3 and not on the meal plan. I know it is only $8.00 but it just doesn't seem right.

Signature Restaurants are always 2 credits across the board for adults and children. It wouldn't make sense to charge an adult 2 credits and a kid 1, because in the end...you would have wasted credits for you kids. Even though you chose to get the hot dog(which I have got my son too) they also have crab legs and other more elaborate dishes on the kids menu.

A 2 credit restaurant is 2 credits for everyone. Adults and kids.

Food at Disney is expensive. The Dining Plan can actually make it more expensive. Hopefully, you did some character meals with him to help balance the cost of his $8 hot dog.

This is part of the reason I always check every menu before I go on my trips, and compare the cost of the dining plan to what we'll order.

When it comes to kids' meals in signatures, I've found that the resort signatures, in general, have very nice kids' meals (better than adult meals in many restaurants).

The kids' meals in non-resort signatures, in contrast, are more like kids meals you'd see in any one TS restaurant.

Also, remember Fulton's is not a Disney owned or operated restaurant. It is owned and operated by Levy's. So, it is not a signature either but an independent restaurant who negotiated a price per meal from Disney via the dining plan that is equal to two credits. Also, any concerns about that need to be addressed to Levy's.

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on the menu for the dining plan?
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter