why is aaa rate the same as rate on dis site?

jgperkin

DIS Veteran
I am pricing march 27-30 2013... any value resort... art of animation is coming up as 185... when I called and asked for aaa rate it was the same? Why is that? They also checked other values and aaa rate is same as what is being posted on site? Is there no aaa discount that time of year due to holiday?

It sounds like there is non. Is that around Easter time?

It is probably due to the Easter Holiday. They probably don't have discounts for rooms then because it will be extremely busy so there is no need for discounts.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

This year we got the AAA discount at Easter. The resorts we stayed at were very empty (we got comp upgrades at both due to lack of bookings), so must be the AAA discounts were still available due to that fact. For your case, AoA could either be blacked out from AAA deal or else the AAA discounts are all given out for that resort. I am going to call in the next 2 days to book (hopefully) a AAA discount at Poly and BC. I'll post back here if I got a discount or not.

I'm going the same week. AAA priced out AOA for me and she told me there were no discounts available but I could get one at Pop.

I basically called to check all values...they did check all of them for me...and each value was the same rate as the aaa rate.... it is easter time but I guess I figured aaa would get you some type of discount...guess I was wrong at this point...

I basically called to check all values...they did check all of them for me...and each value was the same rate as the aaa rate.... it is easter time but I guess I figured aaa would get you some type of discount...guess I was wrong at this point...

Maybe try having them price out a moderate? With a discount it may be close to full price of AoA?

Also keep in mind that only certain room types will have a AAA discount. For example, when we tried to book CSR last year I could only get a King Bed Preferred room with AAA discount, none of the others.
This year we were told that we could use AAA for POP but not AOA.
Just depends on the "rules" I guess.

Has anyone had any luck with a room only AAA discount rate for March 27 - 30th? I tried again... and when I call disney they say it comes up as AAA discounted rate but its the exact same as the website room onlys... IDK probably will have to pay rack rate.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

If they have sold out of the discounted rooms, or if no discounts were offered for a specific resort/room type, then the AAA rate and rack rate will show the same. My guess would be that if there were any discounts available around Easter, they were booked a couple months ago when the AAA rates for 2013 were released. Holidays go quick!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter