• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why do you think Universal seems to be making out better than Disney right now?

Apeters430

Mouseketeer
Maybe it is just me but it seems like Universal Studios has been having more success during the pandemic. Yes, they did open about 6 weeks earlier than WDW but the parks just seem to have more guest and probably more revenue. Im sure the state has issued an allowed capacity number for theme parks as a whole but is Universal operating at a higher capacity than Disney? Is Disney even hitting anywhere near their decided capacity? I know Universal is having high crowds on weekends which to me is totally fine as long as they are following capacity guidelines. Do you think Disney will follow Universal and offer similar ticket and value resort deals? I just do not understand why they are not trying to attract more guest beside FL residents and they are not even treating them fairly (AP's). I am a out of town guest who was about to buy an annual pass before COVID. We visit about 2-3 times a year sometimes 4. I wouldn't mind visiting right now and doing a mostly resort stay but I just cant justify paying full price for a park ticket right now. We could spend 4 days at Universal for half the price we would pay for Disney.

Universal seems to be more "open" in terms of walking space than Disney. Additionally, I think Universal's resorts are primarily operated by Lowe's, whereas Disney is "owner-operated." Finally, I suspect that Universal has lower operating costs than Disney.

But that's just me guessing

They’re closing up one of the resorts that reopened again... I don’t think they’re doing that much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter