WHY do people bid and not pay????

I had a bad transaction once. I was on the buying end. I knew I won the auction and I had my bid in for another auction from the same seller that was going to end like 2-3 days later. I emailed a letter stating it would be easier if I could wait till after the other auction to only pay shipping once. Well I wasn't able to get online till after the other auction ended, I won. And then I went to send a payment through paypal, but I didn't have enough funds so I had to do a transfer from my checking. I was sending the payment and the lady went balastic because it wasn't going to be instant.
I think 9 days is long enough, but you should give a few days for contacts. Not every one has internet at home. And for me, I rely on it at work but only when the internet center is open.

And file a non-pay against them, odds are they'll leave you negative. We have no recourse now with sellers unable to leave negatives. Our sales are basically hijacked and at the mercy of perfect strangers.

I am pretty sure a buyer can't leave negative if they never respond to an unpaid dispute. I have never received a negative from filing an unpaid alert. And yes sellers do have recourse against unfair negatives. eBay has a dispute process for sellers contesting negative feedback.

And no you aren't at the mercy of perfect strangers. A seller can respond to negative comments and they can block buyers. eBay is a marketplace and just like any marketplace, there will always be a few bad buyers but that is a chance a business takes. And to me that chance is worth it.

Yep, because they CAN. Try buyinf something from Amazon or Target and not paying first. You can't.
Right. If you order something online from Target or Amazon and don't include payment information, they won't ship the item. Ebay is, of course, more personal and so more annoying when somebody 'orders' something but doesn't provide payment information (i.e. NPB) but basically it boils down to the same thing: They don't pay, they don't get the item. No actual transaction was completed.

Yeah, it's 'different' because unless the seller goes through the dispute procedure, they're out the filing, etc., fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter