Why do I love Disney World so much! Do I need help?

skeeterfoot

Mouseketeer
I don't understand, why I love Disney so much. Could it be that I grew up when Disney land was hyped all over tv? Could it be the resorts? Could it be I am a child at heart. What draws me back to this place? Why when I consider a trip to the National Parks, Europe, Napa Valley and other wonderful spots, I always end of in Disney. Why on earth do I tear up when I enter the area. Any ideas? What is your experience?

I hear ya! I'm the exact same way. My DS has actually been asking to go somewhere else for vacation but I just can't do it - I have to go to DW. He can choose the vacation destination when he's got his own job and family and pays for it himself! :lmao: I jest - we are going to Gettysburg for the re-enactments this July 4th weekend because he really wants to go.

We're heading to the World this August. Staying at CBR. I have a picture of the Centertown courtyard as my wallpaper at work. This morning, my boss saw the picture, liked it, and asked me when I was going ... and then laughed when I squeaked/squeeled "60 days! YEEE" :lmao:

I don't know why I'm so obsessed but, to tell the truth, I don't care. I feel wonderful, silly, happy, child-like, carefree, etc when I even think about Disney World. :cloud9:

Sorry, but since this isn't a trip report, I'm moving you to a more appropriate area of the DIS. Good luck!

I don't understand, why I love Disney so much.

Because it's Disney?

Could it be that I grew up when Disney land was hyped all over tv?

Maybe...

Could it be the resorts?

Possibly, they are pretty cool.

Could it be I am a child at heart.

Yes, that could be a factor.

What draws me back to this place?

Pixie dust - it's marvellous stuff

Why when I consider a trip to the National Parks, Europe, Napa Valley and other wonderful spots, I always end of in Disney. Why on earth do I tear up when I enter the area. Any ideas?

See above ;)

Welcome to the boards - I have a feeling that you'll feel right at home here :goodvibes

Love from another crazy DISer :) :thumbsup2

18.gif

You've joined a forum that just might make you feel so comfortable with your love for Disney. Most of us here feel the exact same way you do and many here have an even stronger love for Disney. This is definitely the place to be. WELCOME!!!

Im in love With DISNEY too!!!! your not Alone!! all i do is plan allll year for the next trip!! it never gets old to me.. its the best feeling

Welcome to the addiction, there is no cure, treatment involves lots of trips but still only keeps the addiction at bay, no permanent cure. I am the same way and I love it! Last night DH asked me if I was interested in moving to Kansas for a new job opportunity for him (higher pay, same company) first words out of my mouth were "Do they have a direct flight to Orlando from there?". Yep first thing I think is not we will have to move, sell the house, etc but its further from Disney!

I am also a Disney addict and I am all consumed. Not sure why, but I have no reason to think my addiction will get better and I don't want it too! :lmao:
I love Disney World and why wouldn't I??? It's clean, the people are friendly, I can take my DD there with a reasonable assurance that I/she will not see and hear inappropiate language etc... Plus it is like living in a bubble and I love it!:love:

And we keep going back........43 trips so far since 1977. the draw for us is everything you could ever want in one place with free transportation. Yes, we never rent or use a car and being able to navigate anywhere on property, right outside our resort is the ideal vacation. Throw in 4 theme parks and 2 water parks, why look elsewhere. The resorts are themed beyond your imagination, shopping, dining, sport activities and top most ....total relaxation and we're hooked. It's a 1100 miles trek for us, we mostly go by Amtrak, which heightens our trips, we relax going and coming, take our time and when we hit the tarmac in Kissimmee, we're transformed into little kids again, for 9-12 days, we can relive our childhood, simpler times with no worries. We keep going back, and have no regrets in ever finding WDW.

You are not alone!!!I never understood how people were so obsessed with Disney until my family and I went for the very first time(it was a first visit for all three of us)to Disneyworld in April 2009!From the moment I got on the Magical Express bus I started to tear up!!When I got to our resort(Pop)I teared up!When we went to Magic Kingdom(first park we went to)I teared up as we walked down Main Street towards Cinderella Castle!!!It really felt like the most magical place on earth to me!I just felt like it was a dream..Nowhere else even compares to Disney to me!When I go someplace or see something I always compare it to Disneyworld and it never measures up!!I am so in love with Disney that I want to try to go every year!!!

i am new to this site but i am no stranger to disney at all. my entire family is addicted to the magical place. as a matter of fact my mother father an little sister are there right now... so jealous that i am not with them :sad2:. disney is my life and as been for the last 20 years. i was born a disney baby and the obsession has only grown since then. i am so glad that i found a place where i will not thought of as crazy on account of how much i love the mouse!!!

My daughter is getting to the point that she's "bored" going year after year (I wonder what I did wrong raising her...LOL) so now I'm waiting on grandbabies! Maybe it will soften her hard heart...:rotfl:

This is what I love about the DIS we are all obsessed :yay::yay:It cant be helped, Its an addiction, And who wouldn't love going to WDW- Clean, Safe, Fun, Magical and its where your dreams actually do come true- You cant get the feeling you get a WDW or DLR anywhere else :D I always get a lump in my throat when i enter the MK and see the Castle :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter