Why did you choose an Escape Wedding?

My mom tries...but oh well. I just wish she wouldn't be so worried about gifts. DF and I have lived together for 8 years...we don't need anything. I think she thinks she has to get back all the money she spent on wedding gifts for people over the years...HER ideal guest list gets out of control! :rotfl:

LOL! At one point my mom tried her hardest to convince me to cancel after I had already paid my deposit! I said why do you plan on dying?:lmao: (we joke like that all the time) she said we can do a potluck dinner at my grandfathers and have the ceremony there. Not that there is anything wrong with that because i have known others to do that, but its just not how i envisioned MY WEDDING!!!

My mom tries...but oh well. I just wish she wouldn't be so worried about gifts. DF and I have lived together for 8 years...we don't need anything. I think she thinks she has to get back all the money she spent on wedding gifts for people over the years...HER ideal guest list gets out of control! :rotfl:

We did our escape wedding last spring. My mom was the same way. What she did was invite 50+ people to my shower. I figured if she wanted to do that fine. Well, they all showed up knowing they were not invited to the wedding and brought tons of gifts :scared1: It seemed to please her to be able to throw a nice party at home and invite all her friends and relatives, and to be able to talk up the DIsney wedding. The day of though everyone, even my aunt who'd thrown a huge 200+ person wedding for her own daughter at a very high end place, said it was one of the nicest weddings they'd ever been to. My mom conceeded that it was really great to have everything done for us and to be in such a beautiful place. Everyone still talks about it 9 months later and DH and I are talking about a grand gathering with an anniversary party in 4 more years! DH was thinking VR until I told him that a VR is the same price as a wedding, then he asked if we could just throw a party without the ceremony! :)

Thanks for all the input, and I'm glad this has been able to help out some others. The escape wedding still sounds wonderful to me, unfortunately I may not be able to have it though. Our parents are helping us pay for everything, and therefore a huge part of the decision making process. While it's nice that they will be helping us out, I feel like the wedding has to be here. We're thinking we may have a disney themed wedding here and then travel to Disney for our honeymoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter