~Why Can't People Drive Accordingly To The Weather??~(Vent)

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
arrg... we have 38 inches of snow ON The ground!!(38 from this storm...there was snow before..so more then 38!) Why Do people still have to drive like Asses!!!!!! I was out for only 5 mins. and in my apt complex. someone was pulled over to the side. I was driving by, she decided NOT to look and almost hits me!

Then I am on my way out of parking area, someone decides taking the corner at 50 miles an hour is just ok....as she slides completely around and is heading for me....HEAD ON!! as she is laughing, (mind you if she hit...she would not be laughing!)

the streets around here, the mounds of snow are so high you just cannot see anywhere! people pulling out left and righ, not stopping at stop signs!!

I drive a 4x truck, and I drive at a safe speed.....but you get these people that think 4x intitles you to drive 100 miles an hour!!!

people, 4 wheel just does not help when there is ICE on the rode!!

ok......THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT!! I guess it is from being hit by people that just should not have there license!!! :moped:

There are tons of bad drivers around here too....I don't think they care what the weather is like, just keep driving badly. :D

People's brains must just freeze with the weather. I was driving to work one morning (I have to be there at 1 am), and the plows were just out on the highway after a big storm. Well, as luck would have it, I got behind 2 plows, one in each lane of the highway. So I couldn't go any faster than they were going--20mph. Well, some j---a-- came onto the highway behind me and rode my tail for a few miles. Like I could go any faster. And then I put my signal on b/c I was going to exit--this guy went around me on the shoulder to get off on the exit before me. I rarely have road rage, but I really wanted that guy to go off in the ditch.

Believe me I know what your talking about. In California when it rains,not nearly as bad as the snow you get, but people forget that it hasn't rained in months. The roads are just coated with oil. I remember one day when there were over 200 accidents. After I heard that I stayed home for the day. Good luck with the crazies on the road. :moped:

I'm with you!

A year ago my aunt and uncle were in a car accident which nearly killed them. Put them both in the hospital for 6 months - my aunt in a coma for over a month. They had been hit head on by a dump truck. It was not their fault, but they will never be the same. They have been physically and financially ruined. It has changed the way I drive forever.

Around here our roads are clear, then there will be a stretch of snow-covered pavement. Somebody passing me yesterday hit one of those patches, slid sideways right toward a tractor trailer, got it under control in the nick of time.

I hate the tailgaters. I always kind of think, "gee I hate to inconvenience you, but are YOU going to raise my children when I crash and die?"

I was run off the road into a snowdrift in the median this morning by a RIPTA bus flying through downtown Providence taking up 2 lane. It took an hour and a half to drive 7miles to work this morning because of traffic snarls caused by 3 rollovers.

I agree! I dislike driving in the snow MOSTLY because of the other crazies on the road. I feel like I not only have to watch what I am doing, but try to anticipate what the nuts near me are going to do! :rolleyes:

Suzi

It has been awful here in Vermont for the past two weeks coming into work each morning. We don't have much snow, but the little we've been getting along with the winds have just turned the roads to ice.

Every morning it is the SUV & 4WD trucks that are off the roads. I drive a SUV but in no way drive fast.

Again this morning the roads were awful. I was driving safe but there was this lady right on my tailgate. I went around a corner and the traffic was stopped up ahead and doesn't she pull out from behind me, pass me, only to get in front of me. When she applied her brakes to stop in the traffic off the road she goes.

Quietly I put down my window and politely said "YOU DESERVE IT CRAZY DRIVER" :rotfl:

I drive a mustang... so I don't stop at many stop signs when the roads are slick, cause if I stop, and that is IF I CAN stop, I get stuck, therefore, I keep going, and ironically, people around here LET me, lol, they must know that my car isn't snow worthy! I don't drive bad, I just drive so I don't get STUCK!

Thankfully, we don't have many crazy "bad weather" drivers here.

gr8tpanther said:
I drive a mustang... so I don't stop at many stop signs when the roads are slick, cause if I stop, and that is IF I CAN stop, I get stuck, therefore, I keep going, and ironically, people around here LET me, lol, they must know that my car isn't snow worthy! I don't drive bad, I just drive so I don't get STUCK!

Thankfully, we don't have many crazy "bad weather" drivers here.

please tell me you don't drive in the Harrisburg area. with good tires and safe driving speeds you should be able to stop and yes,,pull out again... :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

MICKEY88 said:
please tell me you don't drive in the Harrisburg area. with good tires and safe driving speeds you should be able to stop and yes,,pull out again... :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

I will be there on Thursday! But not INTO Harrisburg, I am going right outside of Harrisburg. And it is all interstate, so I don't have to chance getting stuck anywhere :earboy2:

gr8tpanther said:
I will be there on Thursday! But not INTO Harrisburg, I am going right outside of Harrisburg. And it is all interstate, so I don't have to chance getting stuck anywhere :earboy2:

I'll make sure to stay inside city limits.....LOL

MICKEY88 said:
I'll make sure to stay inside city limits.....LOL

Funny you are! If you see a mustang going through stop signs, lol, it might just be me so you might want to honk! :rotfl:

I think some people don't realize that you have to drive slower on ice and snow. If people would just slow down a bit and use some common sense, there wouldn't be half of weather related accidents.

I remember driving home from work one night, taking it slow, there was about 3 inches of unplowed, unsalted and unsanded snow on the road. There was a guy right on my tail. I continued to take it slow, even though I'm in a 4WD SUV. When the guy got a chance he passed me. Wouldn't you know it was a cop? He didn't seem to be going anywhere in particular (no lights or sirens) he just wanted to drive faster than me, and I was going 35 mph in a 40 mph zone as it was. Oh well. There will always be those who think they can control their vehicle on the ice and snow who end up in a ditch eventually.

I have to add my two cents here - I rear ended someone this morning due to the conditions here in Massachusetts.

While any rear end accident is always the driver's fault - I want to add that you should also drive with an awareness of the others around you and their capability in the snow. This person came to a full stop on an on-ramp to the highway for no reason, causing a chain reaction of other cars who could not stop.

Driving in the winter stinks.

I have a problem driving in this weather, LOL! :earseek: I can't decide if it is just me, or the other people. I grew up in the south and never really learned how to drive in snow. So...I try to avoid driving in it as much as possible. I've already had people pick me up and give me rides. I would rather do that than take my chances! :)

gr8tpanther said:
Funny you are! If you see a mustang going through stop signs, lol, it might just be me so you might want to honk! :rotfl:

honk...???

heck...I'll hide..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I lost a dear friend and her two children to a weather related accident a few years ago. The driver of the car that hit my friend and her kids was driving over 60 miles and hour on snow and ice covered roads. He lost control and hit them head on. The all died at the scene. Not wanting to drive on snow and ice is one of the major reasons I moved to Florida (home of really crazy drivers).

Sorry about the accident, castlegazer :( I hate the "brake for the helluvit" people. I've nearly gotten into accidents on several occasions because someone decides to do that. You need to ease into a stop and there's no need to slam on your brakes on the hwy if no one is around

Feralpeg said:
I lost a dear friend and her two children to a weather related accident a few years ago. The driver of the car that hit my friend and her kids was driving over 60 miles and hour on snow and ice covered roads. He lost control and hit them head on. The all died at the scene. Not wanting to drive on snow and ice is one of the major reasons I moved to Florida (home of really crazy drivers).

I agree that the drivers here in FL are NUTS!! I'm from MA (home of the term "Boston driver"). I'll admit to driving with one hand on the horn and one finger out the window when I'm in MA. I am just scared on the roads here in FL, though. People here cut each other off constantly. It's awful! I don't find driving in Melbourne to be as scary as driving in greater Orlando, but still...FL drivers are awful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter