Why can't i see my room request? Also, FP for Buzz Lightyear same day?

Ouida

Mouseketeer
Two quick questions here.

First I notice that I can not see my room request when I modified my check in time. So I clicked edit and it shows option 1 and 2, but there is nothing to click and nothing there. I had requested on the phone that Id be near transportation, but changed it (or so I thought) at check in to by pool. Should i be concerned? This is at the fort Cabins.

Second, Does the buzz Lightyear run out of fps by the evening? It will be a moderate crowd (touring plans says so). So many things to fp, I have this at the end of the day, but its my favorite. Yes I said my favorite. lol, Its just my speed.

The room requests don't seem to show on MDE. Ours never showed up, but we did get what we wanted. You could always call and double check if you are concerned.

Are you talking about trying to get buzz as your forth fastpass? We went on low crowd days and there were fp available after we used our first 3, though time choices were limited.

The room requests don't seem to show on MDE. Ours never showed up, but we did get what we wanted. You could always call and double check if you are concerned.

Are you talking about trying to get buzz as your forth fastpass? We went on low crowd days and there were fp available after we used our first 3, though time choices were limited.
Yes as a forth choice. and thanks for answering. I was on MDE.

First I notice that I can not see my room request when I modified my check in time. So I clicked edit and it shows option 1 and 2, but there is nothing to click and nothing there.
This has been an issue for a while now. You should call Disney to verify they see them on their end. If they do, there's nothing to worry about.

Thanks I plan to do a final call to them 10 days out, just to make sure. I just thought I had missed something up again.

I can not see my room request

1) Actual rooms-cabins-sites are not assigned until 4-5 days prior to your check-in.
2) Sometimes, not until the night prior.
3) Plus, within the same category, your assigned room can be given to someone else before you check-in.
4) Front Desk CM's can re-assign a room within the same category with ease
. . . Example: You check-in at 4:00pm
. . . someone else does a check-in at 8:00am
. . . if they don't like their location, they can ask the CM to exchange with someone else
. . . as long as dates and categories math up, there is no problem
. . . the person who check-in later usually has no idea their room-cabin-site was changed
. . . so, if the guest requested a specific location, they might have it assigned, then changed before the guest checks-in
. . . we do this all the time at all the resorts, and several times per day at each resort
. . . this is why we advise guests to check-in as early in the day as possible (any time after 6:05am)
5) To reply to your request posting, in your case, you may or may not be able to see the request
. . . in most cases, we do not like the guest to see the request, in the event they cannot get it honored
. . . the room-cabin-site might not be available, or could have been given to someone else
. . . only categories are usually visible

. . this is why we advise guests to check-in as early in the day as possible (any time after 6:05am)

Check in is 3pm. Anything before that is not promised?? So what do you mean by 6:05? I did request a early 1pm check-in. Also, with my stay I added an extra day, and could only do it as a separate reservation. I'm still concern they may make us move rooms, as there is little availability right now.

Last edited:
Check in is 3pm. Anything before that is not promised??

1) Check-in time is the point where you are "supposed" to be to get your room-cabin-site assignment.
. . . frequently the current guest is not out, so you have to wait
. . . sometimes, the room-cabin-site hasn't been cleaned, so you have to wait
. . . sometimes there is a mechanical issue, and you have to wait
2) You can actually check-in anytime after 6:05am on your scheduled day.
3) You might not get your room-cabin-site, but you might.
4) In either case, the CM knows your room-cabin-site number.
5) You can ask them (on the sly) where it is, and they will tell you.
. . . when asked at The Fort, I let the guest know in which loop they have been assigned, but not the cabin or site number.
. . . when at The Lodge, I let them know their floor and view, bit not the room number
. . . if the new guest objects, I work to get them re-assigned, and actually "bump" someone else if necessary
. . . the other guest is not bumped from the resort of category, just the assigned room-cabin-site
. . . sometimes their requested location can be maintained, but often they are moved to a less desirable spot (in their minds)

NOTE: You can't get a key to a room-cabin-site until the current guests have left. The key system is strange, as it is only a one-way transmission. Your key is valid the second the Front Desk CM checks you in. If you were to use the key, the current people would be locked out of the room. EXAMPLE: If they are eating breakfast and you enter the room-cabin, they cannot use their key to get back in. Plus, since your key is active, you could get into their room and remove/disturb their belongings. THAT is the reason keys are not given to new guests prior to 3:00-4:00pm if there are guests from the night prior.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter