Why are my notification still going to my junk folder? And an alerts?

ctnurse

DIS Veteran
Has this not been fixed? Do I need to change my settings? Add an address to my email address book? I missed about 5 pages on my current cruise meet page because everything went to my junk folder, and for whatever reason it didn't show up on my alerts, even though I have my alerts turned on. I went into my alerts and not all of the alerts show up. I Have to clink on the link on the bottom of the page, to show ALL alerts.

Any advice please.

If your emails are being delivered, but ending up in your junk/spam folder -- then yes, you need to fix that in your email. Most likely you need to add the email address. I believe it is notify@disboards.com but if you have them in your junk/spam folder you should double-check (and it's usually easier to just open one there, click on the address line, and say "add to address book" rather than typing in the address).

Make sure you have marked your Cruise Meet thread as "read". If the system thinks you have not read all the posts since the previous alert, a new alert does not appear (I think emails come for each message, but Alerts occur once per thread until you read the thread again). When you are in your Cruise Meet thread, go to the top of the page and click on "Mark Forums Read" in the light blue bar. Also, only so many alerts (maybe 6? and scrollable to maybe 12?) show in the pop-up window; if it has been a while since you last logged-in, or you have a lot of alerts, it is possible that not all will appear in the pop-up without opening a window to show all alerts.

Has this not been fixed? Do I need to change my settings? Add an address to my email address book? I missed about 5 pages on my current cruise meet page because everything went to my junk folder, and for whatever reason it didn't show up on my alerts, even though I have my alerts turned on. I went into my alerts and not all of the alerts show up. I Have to clink on the link on the bottom of the page, to show ALL alerts.

Any advice please.

When you look at emails in your Junk folder, there should be a way to tell whatever program you are using that they're not junk. Like a "not spam" button. The admins here can't do anything about emails getting marked as spam, that happens after the email has left their systems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter