Why are Boma reservations so easy to reserve?

catnik

DIS Veteran
We were looking for unique reservations for our trip in November. Jiko not available and Sanaa not our wheelhouse. California Grill pre-fix meal not our style. Yesterday, today and tomorrow I can eat at Boma whenever I want. Other restaurants we want (Topolino, Narcoossees, Citricos) booked. So. No one wants Boma reservations. Why? Bad food? Bad service? Bad location? We

I honestly think the location is the killer. If it was easily accessible to a park via monorail, boat, skyliner, or walking, I think it'd be packed all the time. This is especially true if you are relying on Disney transportation - AKL is not easy to get to/from other hotels.

Haven't been since the reopening but the food and service has always been fantastic for us!

Really?! I went in Sept (all 1s/2s) and literally couldn't get an ADR (and I was staying at AKL!). I would imagine a bunch of cancellations or a serious shift in hiring, as traditionally it's a valued (albeit inconvenient if not staying there) place.

Same here. I am going to Disney Nov 15-19 and tried to get Boma for breakfast or dinner when I was at the sixty days out point. No luck. In the last week or so, I checked back and I have been able to get two breakfasts and one dinner there. I have also scored a breakfast and dinner for a two day trip in December. Not sure why it was so easy all of a sudden but I'm happy

We love Boma and have had to use a reservation finder to book it. So I'm not sure it's always that easy to find. I do think that the fact that it's a buffet can be off putting to some people right now, so that may make it easier to book, but who knows??

One thing I know for sure since the OP mentioned it - The reason Jiko is not available is because it never reopened after the Covid shut down.

Last edited:
Boma is one of our top 3 meals on property. I think even though it’s popular amongst people in the know it might fly under the radar in general. It’s also really out of the way at AKL. That said it was all booked up and they just increased capacity and opened up more times so that might be why too.

I could see decent availability if your looking same day or couple days out. But further out, there’s barely anything available especially in Dec.

There may also be people who are avoiding buffet restaurants in general at the moment. Combine that with the location and it might account for more open reservations. If those aren’t issues, the availability is a good thing.

Boma has been and will continue to be one of the top dining options at WDW (in our opinion). Don't read too much into a few openings there when others are booked. Right now, capacity/staffing can vary a bit among the restaurants and is likely misleading. Boma can hold a lot of people during normal times. Looking forward to getting back there for a reservation in December - we've missed it! Also looking forward to Jiko reopening. For us, with Jiko, Boma, Sanaa, and The Mara, AKL has the best collection of resort dining options on property. If you have a chance to dine at Boma, you should grab it. Perhaps time it on the day your doing AK. But even if you're not at AK, the AK Lodge is not that remote. Some folks exaggerate a bit. It's no more difficult to get to AKL from the monorail resorts than it is for us to enjoy 'Ohana sometimes while staying at AKL, for example.

Yeah, I had zero issue getting a breakfast there for a Saturday in November. Thought that was interesting. Heard great things. Far from our resort but manageable. Can't wait to check out the resort too.

We head there soon- and have Boma booked for 4 breakfasts and 2 dinners. One of the best restaurants in all of WDW. Of course, we are staying there so no transportation issues :) Not sure what you mean by Sanaa not being in your wheelhouse. If it's the style of food, then a lot of what Boma does will be along the same lines- but they also offer lots of 'normal, Americanized' food. I agree with thanxfornoticin, the AKL complex has the best collection of restaurants on property- we are foodies and have eaten almost everywhere- and Boma in particular blows away almost every other dining experience at WDW. We have eaten at the Chef's Table at V&A- and that was (considerably) better than Boma, but I can't think of many other meals that stood out as incredible- Tiffins, Homecomin', Morimotos- not much else. The other restaurants on your list are good, but don't come close IMHO. Book it before it's gone.

I would eat at Boma EVERY NIGHT if I could. It's likely the location making it hard for people to want to choose it.

We were looking for unique reservations for our trip in November. Jiko not available and Sanaa not our wheelhouse. California Grill pre-fix meal not our style. Yesterday, today and tomorrow I can eat at Boma whenever I want. Other restaurants we want (Topolino, Narcoossees, Citricos) booked. So. No one wants Boma reservations. Why? Bad food? Bad service? Bad location? We

Book it, book it! We just got home from staying at AKL. We had booked Boma for a dinner and breakfast each before we left. After our first dinner my husband insisted on booking another dinner for a couple of nights later. Lol. It was super booked up while we were there so I'd snatch up a reservation while they're available. 😋

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter