Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

I made our ADR's also....and have Not made our resort reservations yet.

I won't book deluxe until a discount comes out. My philosophy is: if the resort is booking at rack rate, why would they offer a discount at that time? The more people that book in the HOPES that a discount comes along has Disney believing they don't need to fill those rooms. If they don't need to fill those rooms, why would they discount the room???

So I'll wait for a while longer. If nothing comes along I will have to decide if paying rack rate for Beach Club is worth it, if not I'll try Coronodo or 2 rooms at a value.

May is not really my disney season, but it's the only time my mom and I can go. What are the chances there will be a discount or pin for May, before Memorial Day? Like 9-13? It'll make it super tough for us if there isn't a discount.

May is not really my disney season, but it's the only time my mom and I can go. What are the chances there will be a discount or pin for May, before Memorial Day? Like 9-13? It'll make it super tough for us if there isn't a discount.

I used a PIN for our May 2011 trip which gave us a room only discount, then a general public discount for May 2012 which again gave us a room only discount.

Fingers crossed they give discounts again.

ocalla said:
I made our ADR's also....and have Not made our resort reservations yet.

I won't book deluxe until a discount comes out. My philosophy is: if the resort is booking at rack rate, why would they offer a discount at that time? The more people that book in the HOPES that a discount comes along has Disney believing they don't need to fill those rooms. If they don't need to fill those rooms, why would they discount the room???

So I'll wait for a while longer. If nothing comes along I will have to decide if paying rack rate for Beach Club is worth it, if not I'll try Coronodo or 2 rooms at a value.

Disney has to have another way of doing discounts. Just because some one has put a down payment on a vacation and reserved a room at a resort doesn't mean they will pay it off or even keep that reservation. They have to factor in the ones that could cancel or reschedule too. You can't tell me that the reason Disney extended this holiday discount going on now to dec 24th because they had too many rooms still avaiable. There is another way of picking and chosing discounts.

Disney has to have another way of doing discounts. Just because some one has put a down payment on a vacation and reserved a room at a resort doesn't mean they will pay it off or even keep that reservation. They have to factor in the ones that could cancel or reschedule too. You can't tell me that the reason Disney extended this holiday discount going on now to dec 24th because they had too many rooms still avaiable. There is another way of picking and chosing discounts.

It probably is at least partially determined by room bookings - any business looks at its stock and announces discounts to try and get rid of it. I'm sure they have algorithms based on past data that can predict what percentage of bookings will result in actual vacations. BUT, they likely also look at historical trends, overall revenue for the year, and what competitors are doing with discounts.

It's all about marketing - sometimes discounts aren't so much about selling more volume as they are about seeming competitive and keeping existing customers happy and thinking they got a good value.

It probably is at least partially determined by room bookings - any business looks at its stock and announces discounts to try and get rid of it. I'm sure they have algorithms based on past data that can predict what percentage of bookings will result in actual vacations. BUT, they likely also look at historical trends, overall revenue for the year, and what competitors are doing with discounts.

It's all about marketing - sometimes discounts aren't so much about selling more volume as they are about seeming competitive and keeping existing customers happy and thinking they got a good value.

I agree that it has to have something to do with room bookings. After all, like many of the posters here, if there is not a discount, ya'll are willing to stay off-site. The discounts encourage people to stay on-property. So to me, it would make sense that they are looking at the total number of rooms booked. Why let guests stay off-site when Disney can make bank off of guests staying on their property?

I can't see the holiday discount extended to the 24th anywhere ....

Still says book by the 13th as well ...

I didnt read all the details but its for FL residents only from what I can find. I got a flyer in the mail with the info but didnt read all the details since I cant take my xmas trip now already changed the dates. And no discount for the Fort.
http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....romotionCode=flfy13q1room&market=flfy13q1room

THanks for the link, bummer. Was hoping after the seasonal stay promo expired we would be closer to the Spring promo ... assuming there is one. Ah well ... will just keep waiting :)

DH just got a Disney Destinations email about the New Fantasyland...............I thought JUST MAYBE they were giving him a PIN code.................nope, I was wrong!!!!

Would have been Christmas come early.

Danny25 has a great reputation for posting accurate information. Did I read it correctly that these discounts will come out on January 3rd?

You read it correctly, I haven't been around to know how reputable he is, but quite a few veterans have come out to support him. TOTALLY stoked. Just can't wait at this point.

You read it correctly, I haven't been around to know how reputable he is, but quite a few veterans have come out to support him. TOTALLY stoked. Just can't wait at this point.

Danny25 doesn't post much but when he does, he's usually right on the money. I'm very excited to hear that it looks like another special offer is right around the bend.

Yahoo!!!!!!!!! pixiedust:This just made my night! Looks like I will be booking our trip soon and it will cover all our dates! Thanks for posting this!!!!!!!!:cool1:

If we are already booked and paid for and these do come out can you get a refund? Or should I just wait to pay the rest off?

I am bowing out of the watch for May discounts and we decided we are keeping our reservation for the two bedroom deluxe condo at Bonnet Creek. It was fun being on the lookout for awhile, but we feel that staying here not only works out best for our budget, but for our family's needs and vacationing style as well. Happy planning everyone :)

Ooooh! If I've already booked, but not paid more than the deposit, will I be able to apply the room discount?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter