Who's gonna apply for Spring 06?

binigrl417

Mouseketeer
I know, I know, its super early, but I can't be the only one on these boards whose most exciting thing this semester will be applying for WDWCP for Spring 2006. I don't know how I'm going to focus on my classes waiting for the presentation and interview. I plan on applying for operations, hospitality, and full service food and beverage. So who's with me?

i WAS. until i found out my school wont let me get credit for it and wont count me as a full time student... so ill lose my scholarships AND have to reapply to get back into my college! crazy! so im fuming. id be willing to sacrafice, but my parents said no way.

DisneyObsessive said:
i WAS. until i found out my school wont let me get credit for it and wont count me as a full time student... so ill lose my scholarships AND have to reapply to get back into my college! crazy! so im fuming. id be willing to sacrafice, but my parents said no way.

That's horrible. Can you talk with the Dean to see if he would allow you to do the CP as a full time student. Or does your college/university offer distance learning classes? If so, could you take the classes you need over the Internet or by Independent Study?

If they are keeping the non alumni advanced internships, i will probobly be applying for summer 06 in hilton head! But i know they are changing things, so this may be out of the question! :)

I was soooo wanting to do the CP for the last like 6 months or so, but now I'm teetering with the idea and don't really know what to do! :confused3 Spring was when I was planning on doing it, but I dont' know if I want to set myself back a semester any more. I just changed majors a few days ago and I have 2 great on campus jobs this fall and I'm not sure I'm willing to give it up right now. Well, we'll have to see what happens.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm definately applying!!! In fact, I just got the e-mail today that the new application is up, but I can't get to the website - there's some type of error and it's making me really upset!

I wanted to do the CP for over a year now, and Spring '06 is the only time that it'll fit into my college schedule so I really, really, REALLY hope I'm accepted. :)

The new site is really cool looking. Check it out.

I still haven't decided if I will apply or not. I know I can handle the work. I just don't know if I can handle living with people I don't know. I commute to college so I've never lived anywhere but here (home). :sunny:

natty41 said:
I was soooo wanting to do the CP for the last like 6 months or so, but now I'm teetering with the idea and don't really know what to do! :confused3 Spring was when I was planning on doing it, but I dont' know if I want to set myself back a semester any more. I just changed majors a few days ago and I have 2 great on campus jobs this fall and I'm not sure I'm willing to give it up right now. Well, we'll have to see what happens.

Anyone else in the same boat?

im with u! i have 2 awesome jobs...one of them being at the disney store, and i wanna apply, but afraid of loosing both jobs. what are yuou gonna do? :earsboy:

fristbytte21 said:
im with u! i have 2 awesome jobs...one of them being at the disney store, and i wanna apply, but afraid of loosing both jobs. what are yuou gonna do? :earsboy:

I've decided not to do it :guilty: . It would be an awesome experience, I have no doubt about that, but I enjoy going down there soooooo much that I don't want to "ruin the magic" of it all, ya know? I know it is kind of a once in a life time opportunity, but at this point in time I think I'm going to pass.

At first, I really wanted to do it too. I feel the same way you do, natty, about it maybe "ruining the magic." I also don't want to fall behind in my classes. However, since my program is 4 1/2 years, I am considering doing it right after my senior year before I do student teaching. We'll see what happens!!

i got the email as well
but my college isnt on teh list can you go to another schools
or do you just do the online one?

whats the interview like?

Alicnwondrln said:
i got the email as well
but my college isnt on teh list can you go to another schools
or do you just do the online one?

whats the interview like?

Yes, you can attend another college/universities' presentation or you can view the e-presentation and then schedule a phone interview.

I'm still contemplating whether to apply or not, so I can't answer your last question. :sunny:

:Pinkbounc I am SO excited about applying! This will be my first year, but my brother has done it before, so he is helping me out. My interveiw is November 11th and I am counting down the days! (IF I get the internship) I'll be flying down to Disney and using the buses for transportation. Not the best idea I know, but my car is not dependible enough to be trusted in Florida while my parents are in Texas. Anyway, my brother has informed me to arrive early the day of room check in so I can get Chattum (don't know how to spell). I'll probably be shooting for the 6 roommates 'coz its cheaper. My main job role I want is Operations, I want to help at the rides. Not run them (me and machines don't mix). Ever since I've visted WDW I wanted to be one of the people at the Haunted Mansion! I can hope, right? :)
Is anyone else interveiwing at SFA in Nac., Texas??

I applied today!!! I called the professor at my college and he told me what to do and he's already spoken to the recruiter about me, so hopefully everything is all taken care of now.

I would love to get a 6-person apartment, it is a lot cheaper and plus I think it would be better to live with more people.

I'm going to select merchandise, housekeeping, and vacation planning. I'm really going to hope on getting into merchandise because it's always been my dream to work at the Emporium on Main St. I'm not going to hold to strong to that dream though :) Housekeeping seems to be easy enough, plus I won't have to work too late into the night. Come to think of it Hospitality may not be that bad either, especially since I love every one of the Disney resorts... Too much to decide on just yet!

My interview is on 10/19. A month and a half away... Something tells me this is going to be the longest wait of my life. Either that or actually waiting to hear the final response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter