• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

who would rather stay at cr or gf resort

I have never stayed at either, but would like to stay at both eventually. If it were DH and I travelling alone, I would pick the GF, if we had the kids along, I would pick CR

I love the GF..I stayed there for 4 days once and would love to go back..It may not be in the cards for some time though

Yes GF is very nice my kids didn't like it there that much
we stayed at GF,CR,FORTWILDERNES cabins they liked them alot

Yes GF is very nice my kids didn't like it there that much
we stayed at GF,CR,FORTWILDERNES cabin they liked them alot

I like the new rooms at the CR..I didn't like the old decor..I would want the tower if I were to stay at the CR

At the CR we went there in october and stayed in the tower magic kingdom
room it was beutiful sight to sit there at night and watch the fireworks like
wishes it was beutiful :wizard: :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We love both, but for convenience to MK the CR can't be beaten.

I have stayed at CR many times as a child, but have never stayed at GF. It is my dream to stay at GF!!! We had thought about taking a 7 night DCL cruise, but might need to stay a few days at GF instead and taking a 3 night DCL cruise.

We started our lives at the CR back in 1977, really only 2 choices back then but it became our home. Many trip there and then one year, right before we were to leave on vacation, we get a call from Disney asking us if we would like to transfer our stay to the GF, same money. WL was just complete and we knew nothing about it but we opted for the up-grade. GF is a nice place, to visit, we didn't like the stay, we were our in one of the houses, good walk to main lobby, everything all in white, just to la-dee-dah from us. Didn't care for the restarants back then either.. We visited WL same trip and they were booking rooms then and fell in love with the place. Good stay, great prices, grand themeing, and lobby takes your breath away. That became our new home for many years. We did through in a few more CR's, some Poly's but keep returning to WL. We still plan on going back to CR but for money value, its WL.

We've stayed at both GF and CR (once with a MK view). I think that GF can't be beat for a very relaxing trip. We were there Spring Break '06 and still felt like we were a million miles away from the crowds back at the resort laying around the pools, could actually nap by the pool. The CR is just an amazing facility. The tower with the monorail running thru it, the night time veiws of both MK and Epcot, the CG (yum). It would always be a hard choice to make for us.

We have stayed at both and we prefer Cont. The GF is a very nice place but for us not very disney. I have not stayed in the new rooms yet at the cont, I am one of the few who like the old wild decor, but still the hotel with chef mickeys and the monorail running thru it seems very disney to me. I even prefer the pool and the grounds over GF.:cloud9:

we've stayed at the CR several times (MK tower rooms!) - it's our favorite resort at WDW - love the walk to the MK

Just got home on 4-5-07. We stayed at the GF for 5 nights and the CR for 2 nights. I loved the GF the best, but I think my kids liked the CR the best. My kids are twins 10 and my oldest is 12. They loved both resorts. The GF is so beautiful and quiet. You really feel like you are so relaxed at the GF. The food at the GF is the best. We did eat at Coral Reef and Ohanas and they are great places to eat. I don't know what to tell you on how to pick which resort to stay. We kinda felt like we were on 2 different vacations, because we switched resorts. That was fun. No trouble, because they help with the luggage. I have to say the GF is the best. (or maybe the Poly) the Poly is such a special place. I hope this helps. Beth

The GF is my favorite place in the world. I do not understand why so many people are intimidated by it and say its la di da. the kids scream just as loud at the GF as they are running through the lobby as they do anywhere else.....to me it is heavenly!
that being said, just my OPINION....the decor at the CR...:scared: to cold feeling, not homey, just kinda stiff and blah. but i have never been one for modern type decor anyway, guess it just comes down to two totally different personal style choices in these places.

also the restaurants at teh GF...yum! narcoossees....GF cafe...so good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter