• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who owns a fog machine or has experience?

Grim_Grinning_Girl

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I have a simple fog machine that I bought from Rite-Aid about a year ago, so nothing fancy. It was brand new and never used or tested, let a neighbor borrow it this year and it was only used on Halloween night. My question is about cleaning and storing the unit, I know stores sell fog machine cleanser but I'm also reading online that a distilled water and vinegar solution can be used too (I would first consult the manual and check the solution ratio before attempting this).

There seems to be mixed feelings online regarding whether or not to clean the machine, I don't plan to use it anytime soon, and it may or may not be used next year so I'm thinking cleaning it before putting it away would be a good idea. There also seems to be mixed feelings about leaving distilled water in the tank during storage to prevent clogging, so I'm not sure what to do about that.

If you are an experienced fog machine user, I'm wondering what you would advise and how you take care of your equipment? Again my fog machine is just a generic Halloween fog machine, my neighbor still has it so I can't check the box for information, but I'm assuming it's one of those 400 watt machines, and probably water base.

Thanks for any information!

Using the mixture of distilled water and vinegar is a good thing to use. I use that to clean mine as well. What i've heard is to use that mixture to clean the machine and run it until it runs out then just run straight distilled water until the vinegar is out of the system then store it.

If it is one of those machines you get at walmart, don't expect it to last that long. I've gone through a total of 9 of those machines and clogged every single one of those despite cleaning them. I broke down and got a 1300 watt unit and never had an issue with this one so far. You get what you pay for I guess...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter