• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

who likes POFQ

We stayed at POFQ for our honeymoon three years ago. We had no clue what to expect really, but we liked it a lot. We enjoyed the size, the layout, the landscaping, etc. We are DVC members now, but if we had to stay outside of DVC resorts for a trip, we would likely stay here.

There will always be naysayers about each and every one of the resorts. That is the beauty part of WDW. There are a lot of choices to suit everyones tastes. I am sure that you and your kids will have a great time.

How much of a drag is it to share bus service? Does it add that much time to the trip to the parks?

Nik's Mom said:
How much of a drag is it to share bus service? Does it add that much time to the trip to the parks?
It was for us because of the kids and stroller. It didn't really add time but it was extremely crowded and leaving the parks was rough because the bus couldn't always fit all the guests returning to POFQ & POR.

We never actually shared a bus with PO on the way back from any parks. We always had dedicated French Quarter busses.

We love it, love it, love it! Staying there for a 4th time in August. It is beautifully decorated and there is no better moderate resort in DH & my opinion.

Lori

We are DVC members and stayed at POFQ December 24 2004. We loved it and it is our preferred moderate resort when not staying at a DVC resort.

thank you all so much for taking the time to give your opinions on POFQ :) the information you have all given has been a great help in easing our minds(we were at first wondering had we mde the right choice)it's nice to know it's only a ten minute alk to POR if we want a change i.e the pools and food court :cheer2:
thanks again :)

I'ts our favorite Moderate, this will be our 5th time in Oct staying there.
We took our niece and nephew 2 years ago loved the pool,arcade and the highlight of my nieces trip the Mardi Gra beads when checking in (go figure)

We stayed in 2003 and really loved it. The landscaping is gorgeous, the theming is great and the pool is terrific. It is a very elegant resort. And the boat ride to Downtown Disney is great!

The only downside is the dining. Yes, there is a restaurant at Riverside but that is a bit of a hike. Shouldn't have mattered much to us as most nights we're eating out away from our resorts but on one rainy night after a long day we just wanted to stay in, and we were stuck with the food court, which we didn't care for. But, we aren't big fans of any resort food courts, so this is not a particular slam on POFQ. All in all I loved this beautiful resort and would stay there again if the need arose.

hi jen :wave2:
thank you for your reply :) were not too bothered about the dining either as like yourselfs we will be eating out most times :cheer2:

We stayed last at POFQ and loved everything about this resort EXCEPT for the bus transportation. This was the worst we have experienced at WDW -- even worse than WL!!! Because the buses go to both POFQ and POR, they were always PACKED!! Returning to the resort was even worse. While other resorts had NO lines for their buses, we ALWAYS waited, usually in lines that required 2-3 buses to head back to the resort before we got on one. Ugh!! To make matters worse, the trips were LONG. POFQ to MGM took 45 minutes each of the times we took the bus. I definitely will stay at POFQ again but only when I plan on driving to all the resorts.

We just booked PORFQ for this Septw/ the free dining of course. We were leaning towards a value resort but decided we wanted to stick w/ a mod again this year. I've read the entire thread and I'm pleased with all that everyone has said. It really makes me breath a sigh of relief.

we stayed at POFQ our last 2 visits. we've been at all of the moderates & this one is great if you like to have easy access to the pool & food court. also very attractive

We stayed at POFQ 4/05 & are returning again next week. Love the size, the atmosphere, the pool, the people & the rooms. We never had a problem on the buses. One of our drivers told us they used dedicated buses for each resort when room occupancy dictated it. Prior to POFQ we stayed at Pop & had more problems with their buses. You won't be disappointed - relax and have fun!! :wizard: :wizard: :teeth: :wave2:

hi karen :wave2:
thank you for your reply :) we have stayed in al star movies the last two times and never had any probs with the buses :) hopefuly we won't have any problems with buses staying here :) have a great trip and let us know how it goes :cheer2:

Another vote for POFQ. We think its a great resort. Everybit as good as the deluxe. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter