• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who is still a "GO," or rebooked?

kristilew

DIS Veteran
With all the cancellations and rebooking, I'd love to know what trips right now still have the green light. Instead of freaking out the lurkers, maybe we can create our own buffers by encouraging bookings on the trips that at the moment are still a "Go."

Plus, I've lost track of who is going where, with whom, kwim? And I want to be happy, darn it, about my summer vacation!

So, I'll start. As of now, we are 3 of us on Soutwest Splendors, June 20th departure.

At the moment, we are booked July 22 Ireland. Hopefully I won't get "the call" today, but I'm not holding out.

Are there any Ireland trips that are a go?

We're still a go :shamrock: 2 for Ireland May 23-30. :shamrock: :drinking1

If we get a call, we'll deal with it because well, you have to don't you.

We are a family of 5 headed to Peru May 19! My DW, DS (who will be 20), and twin DD ages 9. This will be our second ABD trip and it appears to be a go. In December there were 20 people, with no other kids, now at least two more families have booked, as there are two other families each with a child. So I think this one is a go for sure!

The April Peru trip is a go as well - As of yesterday that trip had 9 kids with accompanying parents....

Those whose trips are cancelled should join us on the trip to Machu Pichu and enjoy the trip of a lifetime.

We're a family of 4, me, DH, DD12, DD9 goin on the August 11 Quest for the West. If we do get cancelled, seems like there are 2 or more of those trips every week, so I'm sure we would re-book for the same itinerary.

Really looking forward to seeing Ol' Failthful and all the wildlife!

Turtlemom :wave2:

We are still a go for Spirit of America - May 29 (although I haven't checked my messages at home today :crazy2: )

June 4, Viva Italia, over 50% booked last time I called a few weeks ago. They stated they expected more bookings, as this was one of their most popular tours. However, when I saw the July 6 departure as cancelled, that worries me. They do have the tour leaving every few days though, so maybe they are cancelling some that are close together. It will be another milestone when the payment is due, as some could cancel at that time. My husband's job makes our dates pretty inflexible. I'm starting to feel if it was meant to be it will be a go, but if not, we'll save a lot of money to help our depleted portfolio. My enthusiasm for the trip has gone down, both because of the uncertaintly, but also because our investments took such a drop, it gets depressing.

To be honest, if I hadn't already booked our airfare and planned all the other stuff, I wouldn't be bothered if they cancelled. The CAD $ is in a terrible state and I booked when it was at par. So the trip is already costing me 20% more (I budgeted on 10%,dumb I know). However, since I've already invested a lot of time and money, I really hope it isn't.

Southwest Splendours - July 4 - Me, DH & DS15....still a go, with apparently "only a few rooms available to book, and lots of kids", when TA called and inquired.

Regardless of whether we get cancelled or not, I still believe that ABD offers an excellent product, and unfortunately they are another victim of the spiralling economy...if this trip doesn't work out, we will still go on another in the future. Funny, I'm normally obsessive-compulsive about trip-planning, but I'm strangely not worried about my trip being cancelled...if it is, we'll deal with it. It makes me sad to see people who were so passionate about ABD, now feeling so negative about it....my hope is that everyone can work out a happy conclusion to their trip planning...good luck everyone:)

Regardless of whether we get cancelled or not, I still believe that ABD offers an excellent product, and unfortunately they are another victim of the spiralling economy...if this trip doesn't work out, we will still go on another in the future. Funny, I'm normally obsessive-compulsive about trip-planning, but I'm strangely not worried about my trip being cancelled...if it is, we'll deal with it. It makes me sad to see people who were so passionate about ABD, now feeling so negative about it....my hope is that everyone can work out a happy conclusion to their trip planning...good luck everyone:)

::yes:: This is why I wanted to start a happier thread. We all need to vent sometimes, but putting a positive spin on things is good too :flower3:

I agree...it helps to see that trips are still going...not everything is cancelled:)

::yes:: This is why I wanted to start a happier thread. We all need to vent sometimes, but putting a positive spin on things is good too :flower3:

Thanks for doing that Kristilew...it was really making me feel bad about my trip with all of the negative talk, but the truth is, there are still tons of trips that are a "go".

We're still a go for Discovery Down Under on Sep 5th. When I called Monday the early booking discount was still available so I'll have to wait and see what happens.

We had a blast on Southwest Splendors and Backstage Magic last year but I won't be too disappointed if this one is cancelled with the way the economy is right now.

Backstage Magic 12/28..New Year's Eve at Disney sounds fun:cool1:

Rebooked from the canceled May 16th Ireland to the June 13th!
Keeping my fingers crossed that this one won't be canceled but if it is we'll just try to rebook again!!

Backstage Magic 9/22 Adults only is still on. Early booking discount still available.

I checked the ABD website and I notice that some itineraries like China don't have early booking discounts left and that some of the rates are higher than the normal. I think that those itineraries must have enough people and are a definite go. That's great news for lots of you!

Unfortunately, my tour to Ireland, which in the past has been one of the more popular ones and has never had a canceled tour, is still showing early booking discounts for all dates.

I think this is a great thread! Very positive and its great to see what tours folks are booked on. I'd love to meet another family from our tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter